Seeker_of_truth

A Question to the Awake Folks here

39 posts in this topic

Since you people claim to have a better perspective of life I'd like you to know your perspective on this:

Do you think that time spent doing what you like is better than time spent doing what you don't like.

There is a difference between doing something (physically/mentally/emotionally) hard but something you want to do Vs doing something that you don't want to do either because you are forced or because you think you have to do it to get something in the future.

For me, if I assume today is the last day of my life, I'd still like to meditate or workout even when my muscles are sore just because I like it and I want to do it.

However I would not do something that for example work on my skills for a career I'm not particularly excited about.

But if I'm not going to die today, it might be more beneficial for me to do something like working on my skills for my career.

For me with the little experience I have the answer seems to be to avoid as much as possible to not do things that I don't want to - because whenever I do something I don't want to in that moment I don't feel alive - I just feel like a slave hoping on some future experience that would compensate for that hard work. I'd rather be poor and feel alive than to be dead to become rich.  

But I'd like to know your perspective.

Or would you tell that what one desires doesn't matter or something like that?

From my POV there is not point in living if I can't fulfill my desires.

Thank you.

But the heart wants what it wants
The heart wants what it wants

- Selena Gomez

I'm not awake btw...but

Duality was created to express god's infinite love and selflessness. So one could say there is no point in doing anything except to realize that you are god. But once that has been realized you can go on to enjoy all of what life has to offer without any desire or need. 

The idea of “better” is relative to a particular intention and goal. If I want to get in shape, it’s better to go running than plant flowers. If I want to create a beautiful garden, it’s better to plant flowers than to go running.

To create a “better”, one must create some type of value or goal to provide contrast for better and worse. Then, one can experiment on their own and seek advise from others. For example, if I value physical fitness and have a goal of running a marathon, I can then experiment with different training programs. I can also ask experienced marathon runners about the *best* methods for injury prevention, the *best* stretches and the *best* lactate threshold workouts. All of these *bests* are relative to the goal of increasing my physical fitness and completing a marathon.

Within the process of training, there will be times I’m “in the zone” while running. There are times I will genuinely want to run and it’s blissful. As well, there will be times I don’t feel like running, yet know I “should” run. There will be times I don’t want to stretch, yet I know it’s *better* to do some stretching. There are times I will want to eat a half gallon of ice cream, yet know this isn’t *best*. All of these *betters* are relative to the goal of physical fitness and the marathon. That is a value relative to a goal. We could also say it’s best to do whatever I feel like right now. If I feel like running, I will.  If I feel like eating a half gallon of ice cream, I will. We could say that this is best in this moment, yet not best for the longer term goal. 

It is a balance between the journey and the destination. For me, the process of journeying is of more value than the outcome of destination. Yet other people are oriented differently.

All of the above assumes clarity of one’s personal values. A problem enters when society imposes what is “best” for us. I grew up in a fundamental Catholic home and it was *best* to attend church everyday. It was *best* to not have sex before marriage. I was conditioned with other people’s *bests* and I was filled with thoughts and feelings that I “should” be doing things relative to other peoples *bests* that were imposed upon me. Then I went to a University and learned that religion was irrational and a whole new set of *bests* were imposed upon me. And then I spent years doing things I “should” do to achieve other people’s *bests*. To gain clarity, I had to do a lot of introspection and come to know my values, dreams and passions. Then I could construct activities relative to those values, dreams and passions. And then I can have a balance between living in the moment and living in accordance with the process of journeying toward dreams. This has involved both being “in the zone” with what I love doing in the moment as well as doing some work that feels uncomfortable - as part of the process of a longer-term dream. 

I am definitely NOT awake. I think this is a good question. As usual @Serotoninluv does a beautiful job articulating a mature perspective. From my perspective it is less about what you do, and more about how you interpret whatever it is you're doing. You can never tell if the outcome of your actions will align with your expectations. Best to approach everything with as much openness and consciousness as possible to extract the highest yield possible from every experience. Sometimes we do what we want to, the rest of the time we do what we have to, doesn't really matter. Be fully present and trust you're doing exactly what you're supposed to

@Seeker_of_truth

Just a perspective, but I’d drop the perspective that people are more or less awake. It’s potentially self reductive & sneakily limiting of one’s purview, and can lead to creating beliefs to be dropped later in self realizing & the actuality of authority. There is no one left to claim wakefulness, that’s just kinda how it ‘works’, that’s what unity & wakefulness ‘points to’’. I’d keep the perspective of that matter entirely relative to yourself. Every answer you want can arise within you (all understanding does already) in the emptiness where the question was...albeit in an unfolding manor. But there’s much to be seen in that. It’s a story, a game.  Letting go is like the most powerful thing ever, because all does come from a perfect all knowing source within. It’s great & fun to chat & share, but careful with subtle self diminishing beliefs, as they only add more path. There is no mountain to climb, you started at the top not knowing how you got there (“here”). It’s more about deconstructing reality, self, & identity, & letting go of beliefs. Desire naturally abounds. Also, take into consideration, the immeasurable value of the opposite of everything I just said. Transcend in both, ideally, to see from “above” it. 

1 hour ago, Seeker_of_truth said:

However I would not do something that for example work on my skills for a career I'm not particularly excited about.

But if I'm not going to die today, it might be more beneficial for me to do something like working on my skills for my career.

For me with the little experience I have the answer seems to be to avoid as much as possible to not do things that I don't want to - because whenever I do something I don't want to in that moment I don't feel alive - I just feel like a slave hoping on some future experience that would compensate for that hard work. I'd rather be poor and feel alive than to be dead to become rich.  

But I'd like to know your perspective.

Or would you tell that what one desires doesn't matter or something like that?

A dreamboard can be a real game / life changer in regard to what you’re pondering. When it’s all in front of you, rather than reeling in the vortex of mind potentiality, a larger slice is taken in from a completely different vantage point. The ‘work’ to be done today is infused with the spirit, and the desire - and knowing of - the dream life you’re creating as it is unfolding. 

1 hour ago, Seeker_of_truth said:

From my POV there is not point in living if I can't fulfill my desires.

Amen. I’d suggest the key is seeing the biggest picture of all your wanting. More trivial short term desires just fall away as the inspiration of the broad view fills ya up. Food, just as an example, becomes incredibly trivial relative to creating, living, and being filled, with being.

Something that might be worth contemplating for a few minutes...you’ve never actually known that anyone else is thinking - let alone what they’re thinking. Even if someone is telling you what they think to your face, you don’t know. We’re sort of born of sneakery. Quite innocently, but, don’t take my word for it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm About food man, you do not know deer meat. It's amazing. 

I want full  Heavenly Dream. Love Goodness Joy that man to Infinity. Oh yes Togetherness to infinity. Love all that is me to Infinity. 

Freakin God. 

Infused with God, they do not know how it is. Un?able literally. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Do what you love as much as you possible can, I would say it’s as simple as that. 

Of course there are then practicalities and nuances to deal with on your path, but follow your heart and all will be good. 

However, you also need to be practical in terms of survival, sometimes you may need a job that isn’t your dream job to survive, however simultaneously you could be working towards your “dream career.” 

However, yes, follow your heart as much as possible and do what you love. For example, for most exercise requires some discipline to start with but eventually becomes almost effortless when you find exercise You love and enjoy. 

Live from love, and you’ll see all the answers you need to :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Nahm That's full clarity? 

Man I will die, you do not know. Just please God don't take Peter away pls, pls pls. 

@Nahm Pls don't ? me.

Have no idea what to do. I want to scream and run. I do not know I do not know. 

Ok will fill dreamboard. I do not know. 

@zeroISinfinity

Not knowing is the ideal place to begin the dreamboard. Breathe and relax my care bear buddy. While you may be worrying, reality is not. It’s only loving you more. All’s well, you know. Enjoy the ride if you momentarily forget, that was your intention to begin with, and it only results in more ‘remembering’. “Get your hands in the clay”. We’re all just going to die anyways. Allegedly. Apparently. This love’s imminent. ?

Also, let’s hijack less. :)

2 hours ago, Seeker_of_truth said:

@Serotoninluv worded it beautifully. It’s all relative to what you want to achieve. Assigning an objective “good” and “bad” is likely to turn out to be very limiting. Since in life you will continue to change and morph so too will your perspective on what is best to do. In fact what’s best now, may be the worst for you in year. Be open to that.

I am by no means fully awake, but in my view, I feel rather than stratifying reality into strict categories of enjoyable/non-enjoyable or wants/non-wants, seek to see the beauty in all things. Literally, see the beauty in cleaning the toilet equivalent to your most favourite activity. Because fundamentally, life has no preference and is already perfect and whole.

As counterintuitive as it may be, work on developing your perspective rather than your actions. Your actions will follow as a result. It’s better to have a clear perspective from which action can manifest. Rather than optimal action that has no guiding perspective.

@Nahm Thanks Robin sorry.

I can't breath sometimes, there is no relaxation for me possible. This thing ❤️ is just un?able it really is. 

Sorry all. I love you I really do. Want to actualize that. I love you so much. 

Give me points ban me I do deserve that. I do. But I need help too. It's just so much of it. Un?ble for "human primate". 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@zeroISinfinity

Make threads. Ask questions. You’re definitely in the right place. Anything is done one tiny part at a time. You got a tendency of blowing things up to biggest possible picture, and ya end up making up weight / pressure. Then you feel overwhelmed and create beliefs about yourself, and sometimes loath in it. One little change, one little task, each day. Remember the hair & tortoise story? There’s a profound point in it. 

@Nahm Ok ok. Thanks. You are so wise and you know me very well. Ufff breath. ❤️ blown sometimes so it's difficult sorry. Have to express what I feel. Inloved as fuck I really am. 

Ok tortoise. OMG just OMG. 

Literally ❤️ blown and it's always like that sorry. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Serotoninluv

Your answers have so much depth. When I see that kind of powerful messages. I feel everything I can say after will be the same with a very low level of modulation.

Thank you for sharing those nuggets of gold like if it was just casual breath.

?

Edited by GodDesireOnlyLove

I am not awaken but I comment anyway. It is a classic problem.

You must do something you don't like to achieve long-term goals. If you do it, you feel bad because you don't like doing it. If you don't do it, you feel guilty and anxious.

Just two comments, not solutions:

1. Living is painful, so it is necessary to accept pain.

2. Try to find a balance between short-term pleasure and long-term goals. It is about intuition not rational solutions.

Edited by RedLine

15 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

Just follow your heart and enthusiasm. Go ahead and try and fulfill all your desires.

Maybe one day through your aquired wisdom you realize you’re on the hedonic treadmill, going nowhere and now you’re ready for a new way of being.

I guess that'd work.... 

14 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

The idea of “better” is relative to a particular intention and goal. If I want to get in shape, it’s better to go running than plant flowers. If I want to create a beautiful garden, it’s better to plant flowers than to go running.

To create a “better”, one must create some type of value or goal to provide contrast for better and worse. Then, one can experiment on their own and seek advise from others. For example, if I value physical fitness and have a goal of running a marathon, I can then experiment with different training programs. I can also ask experienced marathon runners about the *best* methods for injury prevention, the *best* stretches and the *best* lactate threshold workouts. All of these *bests* are relative to the goal of increasing my physical fitness and completing a marathon.

Within the process of training, there will be times I’m “in the zone” while running. There are times I will genuinely want to run and it’s blissful. As well, there will be times I don’t feel like running, yet know I “should” run. There will be times I don’t want to stretch, yet I know it’s *better* to do some stretching. There are times I will want to eat a half gallon of ice cream, yet know this isn’t *best*. All of these *betters* are relative to the goal of physical fitness and the marathon. That is a value relative to a goal. We could also say it’s best to do whatever I feel like right now. If I feel like running, I will.  If I feel like eating a half gallon of ice cream, I will. We could say that this is best in this moment, yet not best for the longer term goal. 

It is a balance between the journey and the destination. For me, the process of journeying is of more value than the outcome of destination. Yet other people are oriented differently.

All of the above assumes clarity of one’s personal values. A problem enters when society imposes what is “best” for us. I grew up in a fundamental Catholic home and it was *best* to attend church everyday. It was *best* to not have sex before marriage. I was conditioned with other people’s *bests* and I was filled with thoughts and feelings that I “should” be doing things relative to other peoples *bests* that were imposed upon me. Then I went to a University and learned that religion was irrational and a whole new set of *bests* were imposed upon me. And then I spent years doing things I “should” do to achieve other people’s *bests*. To gain clarity, I had to do a lot of introspection and come to know my values, dreams and passions. Then I could construct activities relative to those values, dreams and passions. And then I can have a balance between living in the moment and living in accordance with the process of journeying toward dreams. This has involved both being “in the zone” with what I love doing in the moment as well as doing some work that feels uncomfortable - as part of the process of a longer-term dream. 

So its a balance then... Thank you for your answer.

14 hours ago, neovox said:

I am definitely NOT awake. I think this is a good question. As usual @Serotoninluv does a beautiful job articulating a mature perspective. From my perspective it is less about what you do, and more about how you interpret whatever it is you're doing. You can never tell if the outcome of your actions will align with your expectations. Best to approach everything with as much openness and consciousness as possible to extract the highest yield possible from every experience. Sometimes we do what we want to, the rest of the time we do what we have to, doesn't really matter. Be fully present and trust you're doing exactly what you're supposed to

? Thank you