jakdawak

Two Separate Life Purpose Confusion, Really Need Help I'm Soo Close

6 posts in this topic

Hello to whoever is willing to help me, it will be hugely appreciate if you have any idea what i should do,

I have undertaken the course and got to the point where i decided my life purpose, along this journey i picked something that fascinates me the most and it does resonate with me and feels complete, the life purpose prototype i have is:

Zone of genius: to learn new ideas and insights 

Mastery: The mind and how to improve it

Impact statement: Give the world Clarity on means to their goals

The problem is, i love playing music in my band and working on new songs is so fun for me, it really gives me excitement, but i don't feel that the actual impact it has will fulfill me and have meaningful impact, i just know it will give people a temporary good feeling which doesn't resonate with me. I also believe if i just did music i would feel i missed out on fulfilling the purpose i have currently, but it also works the other way round where if i did the route i have now i would miss out on my love of playing music in a band. 

summary: The purpose i have now is fascinating and has impact in it, i absolutely love the beauty and excitement of the music route that could take me to big performances and recordings, but it has less impact and i feel i would miss out on this other thing. :(

what is the right thing to do?

Please help it will be so appreciated, i will try make it worth your while 

Hey man,

Yeah I love that band and giving a message through music I do believe In, however with the purpose i have here I really don't feel music will be the means to providing my impact because although i could give people hope and little insights through music It doesn't feel like a meaningful means to me, it might be to others I love the beauty of good music and melodies etc. But what I want to convey in my current purpose is much more detailed and it is aligned with my biggest problems I've faced, the ideal medium I would want to receive solutions isn't through music as music really won't cut it, it just seems so seperate from my purpose I discovered but I love playing music grrr. Plus I am in a project that is looking like it will get a label, but I also love the purpose Ive made that's my biggest problem but I appreciate your reply it's a good idea, I'm glad you helped 

Thank you, I'm only 18 I think I need to try stuff, still because of this course I would like to be certain, if anyone else has any ideas I would be really interested to hear, because music is like the thing I find most fulfilling to play but if I just do that I feel empty in the aspect of clarity in life and my impact statement 

The rest of the course will help you clarify more in your life purpose, and it will help you with fear. (Obviously I assume you haven't finished the course). Something you could do is spend 10'000 hours doing personal development, and then 10'000 hours doing music (yes, you have time to do both). But I really suggest you finish the course, and then watch the FAQ section which will really help you out with these sorts of questions.

@jakdawak What about becoming a real good musician, investing all of your time in it, then in ten years you will teach other 18 year olds how to follow their path? You teach them how to overcome anxiety, fears, lack of discipline, mastery, etc. You would be working in music, writing new songs and performing, and you will be a guide for youngsters becoming a top musician. So you will also be showing the students how the mind works, how to be persistent, teach them about deliberate practice. Teaching them the clarity on the means to their goals.

In the early stages of my personal development, I would've laughed at Tony Robbins, let alone Sadhguru. It was through the voices of "cool" people like musicians that I could begin to see that there was something to it. OutKast's "Get Up, Get Out" was a great stick in my ass. Rappers in general are paragons on persistence and vision.  If you like the idea of inspiring newbies and lazy bums to aim higher, music (and the "image" of the musician) can be an especially good way to do that.

Or if you want to address the more spiritual aspects of PD, you can convey that through your lyrics. Think of yourself as a divine poet if you want to. Rumi's poetry combines beauty with instruction very nicely.

I wouldn't give up on music just yet. Try one, try the other, try combining them.