Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Emiliano

Why are people attracted to conspiracy theories?

4 posts in this topic

Leo should talk about all the ego mechanisms that support a conspiracy theory. With all this COVID19 issue, I have seen some posts getting locked down because this forum rejects that type of thinking, I wish Leo could make conspiracy theorists change their mind. Thanks.

Mass Hysteria and the fear and paranoia of the unknown. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

webs of belief

start with a false axiom and keep on creating a web from there...

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

What makes you so sure it's a theory? Have you actually seriously investigated it, or are you just assuming it's BS because it's contrarian?

Yes, while some conspiracies are BS, not all of them are. In fact, a lot of them are true. But if you're not open-minded and don't actually look at the evidence, then you can't say it's nonsense. Everything must be questioned, and conspiracies are no exception. Because if you don't question it, you don't actually know what's true, you're just assuming it's not.

COVID is no exception—there's some speculative theories about it, such as the 5G/corona connection (which I doubt is real). But corona is most certainly a conspiracy. There's many health experts for instance who seriously question the narrative, they're not quacks. There's also so many other facts, such as how Bill Gates "predicted" the same time/place/location it was going to happen (and is the same guy calling for mandatory vaccination, immunity passports, and is one of the main funders the WHO, etc). Or how the virus doesn't spread asymptomatically, yet totalitarian laws are being passed such as house arrest. These are all facts, and any rational investigation clearly shows something is going on here.