Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Barna

Emotional beliefs

7 posts in this topic

I just noticed that there are not only mental beliefs, but there are also emotional beliefs. 
Emotional beliefs are beliefs that we don't necessarily believe mentally, but we believe them emotionally.

I feel like in my case, all negative emotions (even the subtle ones, like tiredness) are coming from one emotional belief: the feeling/belief of being small.
I thought to share this because this might apply to many of you. 
I feel like the belief of being small is one of the core emotional beliefs of the ego. Because the emotional system of the ego comes from the belief that it's a small entity in a big, infinite world. 
And I don't believe it mentally, but my emotions seem like they're reacting from this belief of
"I'm small and therefore I have to protect myself" or
"I'm small and therefore I have to get bigger / own more".
And it feels like when I let go of this belief, all negative emotions fall away, like, they don't have any solid ground anymore.
Just try this out, and see what happens.

But I'm pretty high right now. So take this for what it is :D 

Yeah it's the part that cannot ever feel loved. It's a wound of Self-hatred. Hate for existence, hate for the external world and hate for the internal world. This generates self-doubt and the endless search for love in various ways (achieving success, hot women, personal development.. and lots of other ways that are partly corrupted by this).

Feeling into the Self-Hatred (a horrific gift as Gangaji states) one can realize the "Body of Christ". The objectless awareness/Nothingness carries this core wound. Where this duality collapses, the "unforgivable" is forgiven, the "unlovable" is loved... to death.

Enjoy your high brother

I feel like hatred is not a root issue. I cannot hate without being afraid, but I can be afraid without hating anything. So for me, fear feels more fundamental, that's why I'm targeting fear mostly.

12 minutes ago, Barna said:

I feel like hatred is not a root issue. I cannot hate without being afraid, but I can be afraid without hating anything. So for me, fear feels more fundamental, that's why I'm targeting fear mostly.

I feel ya. But it certainly was a core wound for me. It's like the direct result of separation and the reason for separation at the same time.

Fear of pain/torture, fear of death, fear of love can all be the ultimate thresholds. Depending on the hardwiring.

For me hate feels like a fear of becoming something. Like, when I hate a politician, that's the same feeling as being afraid of becoming that politician.

25 minutes ago, Barna said:

For me hate feels like a fear of becoming something. Like, when I hate a politician, that's the same feeling as being afraid of becoming that politician.

YES! Exactly. 

For me it wasn't only the fear of becoming something like that, but the realization that I am that in unity. This person that disgusts me is part of existence. It's part of me. How can there be something that allows someone like that? How can there be a God? What is God/existence anyway when this is allowed?

Meaning.. How can I ever be allowed to exist? How can I be loved?

It felt like a deep collective legacy. 

We can only hate, love, fear because there is unity in the form of a unifying substratum called existence. We really are what we see. 

Edited by Visionary

Exactly. 

But this is all content. Fear and hate can only appear when we ignore the context. Experience is the content and consciousness is the context.

We tend to forget that consciousness is infinitely intelligent. It's so intelligent that it doesn't matter what kind of experiences it's experiencing, it can always turn those experiences into its benefit. It's like a machine that you can fill with dirt or shit and it will always produce the best quality of DMT. :D 

There is no experience that can hurt or slow down consciousness in any way. There is nothing bigger than consciousness. Once we realize that, then there's no hate or fear of anything anymore.