mandyjw

Just Imagine

456 posts in this topic

Funny, I never thoughts of the synchronicity with cheeseburgers and Meat Loaf. Also the cheeseburger song was uploaded 10 years ago exactly yesterday, when I posted it. xD

Q: Can you touch the inner life of other people?

M: I am the people.

Q: I do not mean identity of essence or substance, nor similarity of form. I mean the actual entering into the minds and hearts of others and participating in their personal experiences. Can you suffer and rejoice with me, or you only infer what I feel from observation and analogy?

M: All beings are in me. But bringing down into the brain the content of another brain requires special training. There is nothing that cannot be achieved by training.

M: I claim nothing as my own. When the ‘I’ is not, where is the ‘mine’? Two people look at a tree. One sees the fruit hidden among the leaves and the other does not. Otherwise there is no difference between the two. The one that sees knows that with a little attention the other will also see, but the question of sharing does not arise. Believe me, I am not close-fisted, holding back your share of reality. On the contrary, I am all yours, eat me and drink me. But while you repeat verbally: ‘give, give’, you do nothing to take what is offered. I am showing you a short and easy way to being able to see what I see, but you cling to your old habits of thought, feeling and action and put all the blame on me. I have nothing which you do not have. Self-knowledge is not a piece of property to be offered and accepted. It is a new dimension altogether, where there is nothing to give or take.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Nice appreciation of @Nahm video ?

I would do the same if I have YT channel.
It's amazing to see how we go close on the path - like having the sessions with one guy ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Best man a woman? Jed is a lesbian? 

Spoilers or not?

Enlightenment=Direct Realization of your True Nature. 

If I just knew what it is. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Nahm xD 

@zeroISinfinity xD The point is that you shouldn't believe your thoughts. <-- Not even that one. 

Phil also likes ?. @mandyjw You do know @Nahm likes walking around shirtless searching for soap. Maybe it will sound rude but that's the lesbian I would like to see. 

@zeroISinfinity Well he did teach me how purification works, so that makes sense I guess. 

Q: How can anything be without cause?

M: In every event the entire universe is reflected. The ultimate cause is untraceable. The very idea of causation is only a way of thinking and speaking. We cannot imagine, uncaused emergence. This, however, does not prove the existence of causation.

Q: Nature is mindless, hence irresponsible. But man has a mind. Why is it so perverse? 

M: The causes of perversity are also natural — heredity, environment and so on. You are too quick to condemn. Do not worry abut others. Deal with your own mind first. When you realize that your mind too is a part of nature, the duality will cease.

Q: There is some mystery in it which I cannot fathom. How can the mind be a part of nature?

M: Because nature is in the mind; without the mind where is nature?

Q: If nature is in the mind and the mind is my own, I should be able to control nature, which is not really the case. Forces beyond my control determine my behaviour.

M: Develop the witness attitude and you will find in your own experience that detachment brings control. The state of witnessing is full of power, there is nothing passive about it.

It's funny to think... actually that's a funny statement in itself, it is funny to think. It's funny to "think back" at how some of my greatest "strengths" or pure desires I thought were dysfunctional. I just didn't understand them, because I had some false assumptions about them. I always felt like I should really look out for myself more, and care less about others. Even that feeling, was pure desire to care about how I felt, I just didn't know how to do it. 

I woke up this morning thinking I was feeling apathetic. xD

"Also when you start trying to teach someone and you're not quite aligned with what you're teaching, that feeling is SCREAMING at you the whole time. Teaching can be like the mother bird throwing baby bird off the cliff, except self imposed. That's how he has to learn to fly. "

For some reason this response I wrote above in a thread here stuck out to me, especially when I should have used "she" because I was talking about memory of myself making youtube videos or the female subject of the thread. 

I noticed just an hour ago that an eagle shat in my driveway, and I've never seen anything quite like it. I mean, I've seen bird poop before. But THIS. O.oxD

I mean, it's obvious when I think about it. The bigger, more powerful and magnificent the bird, the bigger his shits. 

Edited by mandyjw

Mind- "pay attention to your breathing.

Paying attention to my breathing. Mind- You're paying attention to your breathing! 

Thanks mind! You're learning how to use positive reinforcement! I'll give the same to you! You get an A++ smiley face sticker today. 

cheezeburger.jpg

I was explaining the silly made up word "nom" to my son and how it was a stupid way of saying food or eat, and explained it was from I can haz cheezburger. It struck me that nom sounds just like Nahm and then remembering the cheezburger connection made it even more wild. xDxDxD

Questioner: I have noticed a new self emerging in me, independent of the old self. They somehow co-exist. The old self goes on its habitual ways; the new lets the old be, but does not identify itself with it.

Maharaj: What is the main difference between the old self and the new?

Q: The old self wants everything defined and explained. It wants things to fit each other verbally. The new does not care for verbal explanations — it accepts things as they are and does not seek to relate them to things remembered.

M: Are you fully and constantly aware of the difference between the habitual and the spiritual? What is the attitude of the new self to the old?

Q: The new just looks at the old. It is neither friendly nor inimical. It just accepts the old self along with everything else. It does not deny its being, but does not accept its value and validity.

M: The new is the total denial of the old. The permissive new is not really new. It is but a new attitude of the old. The really new obliterates the old completely. The two cannot be together. Is there a process of self-denudation, a constant refusal to accept the old ideas and values, or is there just a mutual tolerance? What is their relation?

Q: There is no particular relation. They co-exist.

M: When you talk of the old self and new, whom do you have in mind? As there is continuity in memory between the two, each remembering the other, how can you speak of two selves?

Q: One is a slave to habits, the other is not. One conceptualizes, the other is free from all ideas.

M: Why two selves? Between the bound and the free there can be no relationship. The very fact of co-existence proves their basic unity. There is but one self — it is always now. What you call the other self — old or new — is but a modality, another aspect of the one self. The self is single. You are that self and you have ideas of what you have been or will be. But an idea is not the self. Just now, as you are sitting in front of me, which self are you? The old or the new?

Q: The two are in conflict.

M: How can there be conflict between what is and what is not? Conflict is the characteristic of the old. When the new emerges, the old is no longer. You cannot speak of the new and the conflict in the same breath. Even the effort of striving for the new self is of the old. Wherever there is conflict, effort, struggle, striving, longing for a change, the new is not. To what extent are you free from the habitual tendency to create and perpetuate conflicts?

Q: I cannot say that I am now a different man. But I did discover new things about myself, states so unlike what I knew before, that I feel justified in calling them new.

M: The old self is your own self. The state which sprouts suddenly and without cause, carries no stain of self; you may call it ‘god’. What is seedless and rootless, what does not sprout and grow, flower and fruit, what comes into being suddenly and in full glory, mysteriously and marvellously, you may call that ‘god’. It is entirely unexpected yet inevitable, infinitely familiar yet most surprising, beyond all hope yet absolutely certain. Because it is without cause, it is without hindrance. It obeys one law only; the law of freedom. Anything that implies a continuity, a sequence, a passing from stage to stage cannot be the real. There is no progress in reality, it is final, perfect, unrelated.

Q: How can I bring it about?

M: You can do nothing to bring it about, but you can avoid creating obstacles. Watch your mind, how it comes into being, how it operates. As you watch your mind, you discover your self as the watcher. When you stand motionless, only watching, you discover your self as the light behind the watcher. The source of light is dark, unknown is the source of knowledge. That source alone is. Go back to that source and abide there. It is not in the sky nor in the all-pervading ether. God is all that is great and wonderful; I am nothing, have nothing, can do nothing. Yet all comes out of me — the source is me; the root, the origin is me. When reality explodes in you, you may call it experience of God. Or, rather, it is God experiencing you. God knows you when you know yourself. Reality is not the result of a process; it is an explosion. It is definitely beyond the mind, but all you can do is to know your mind well. Not that the mind will help you, but by knowing your mind you may avoid your mind disabling you. You have to be very alert, or else your mind will play false with you. It is like watching a thief — not that you expect anything from a thief, but you do not want to be robbed. In the same way you give a lot of attention to the mind without expecting anything from it. Or, take another example. We wake and we sleep. After a day’s work sleep comes. Now, do I go to sleep or does inadvertence — characteristic of the sleeping state — come to me? In other words — we are awake because we are asleep. We do not wake up into a really waking state. In the waking state the world emerges due to ignorance and takes one into a waking-dream state. Both sleep and waking are misnomers. We are only dreaming. True waking and true sleeping only the gnani knows. We dream that we are awake, we dream that we are asleep. The three states are only varieties of the dream state. Treating every thing as a dream liberates. As long as you give reality to dreams, you are their slave. By imagining that you are born as so-and-so, you become a slave to the so-and-so. The essence of slavery is to imagine yourself to be a process, to have past and future, to have history. In fact, we have no history, we are not a process, we do not develop, nor decay; also see all as a dream and stay out of it.

Edited by mandyjw

29 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I mean, it's obvious when I think about it. The bigger, more powerful and magnificent the bird, the bigger his shits. 

Well that's Something I can for sure indentify with. O.o

Yeah @Nahmis awesome.

Thanks will not ruin your journal. Hey I have @DrewNowsfor that. 

2 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Thanks will not ruin your journal. Hey I have @DrewNowsfor that. 

xD xDxD Bird shit can't ruin a driveway, even if it is eagle shit. In fact it might even give someone an insight, who knows? 

There's a kind of greed, or stealing from myself, of trying to "own" and think "my progress." 

I also realized that the absolute will be a thought, even when it seems it's not and I'm not thinking it, even in the deepest "state" I can experience until it is not. And that's completely ok, divine even. 

M: Life is seeking, one cannot help seeking. When all search ceases, it is the Supreme State.

Q: All my life I was striving and achieved so little. I was reading, I was listening — all in vain.

M: Listening and reading became a habit with you.

Q: I gave it up too. I do not read nowadays.

M: What you gave up is of no importance now. What have you not given up? Find that out and give up that. Sadhana is a search for what to give up. Empty yourself completely.

Q: When I was younger, I had strange experiences, short but memorable, of being nothing, just nothing, yet fully conscious. But the danger is that one has the desire to recreate from memory the moments that have passed.

M: This is all imagination. In the light of consciousness all sorts of things happen and one need not give special importance to any. The sight of a flower is as marvellous as the vision of God. Let them be. Why remember them and then make memory into a problem? Be bland about them; do not divide them into high and low, inner and outer, lasting and transient. Go beyond, go back to the source, go to the self that is the same whatever happens. Your weakness is due to your conviction that you were born into the world. In reality the world is ever recreated in you and by you. See everything as emanating from the light which is the source of your own being. You will find that in that light there is love and infinite energy.

Last night some neighbors threw a party, and were incredibly inconsiderate of the noise they were making so I kept waking up when I was trying to fall asleep. Sleepy Mandy is far wiser than awake Mandy and she told awake Mandy... (well this journal entry is going off to a good start in sounding sane, CARE KILLED THE CAT) that not wanting to feel annoyed about something is another unnecessary thought about the matter. 

I also realized that I'm finally lonely AF because of this quarantine and last night I was pissed off by all the people just partying like they don't care a bit about it and started getting really worried about a second wave. When I see the big picture of that and put it together with a new understanding of how people unconsciously react to each other and don't really have will of their own, it's really all sorts of tragically but beautiful poetically sad. The loneliness, concern and judgement seems so understood and inevitable that it actually feels loved and can't persist in any form other than love. 

Rebellion is automatic, unconscious. Forgive them for they know not what they do. 

Most of my suffering stems from the fact that I think people are responsible for their own actions, and I have the upmost responsibility for how things go. My Mom always perpetually told me to stop caring and controlling  so much and stop wanting things so bad, is it possible that I could have just listened to her and not had to read all these self help books and all of Leo's videos and more and "pursue" enlightenment? FUCK NO. See line above this paragraph. 

My two Grandmothers were polar opposites of each other. One for the most part loved everyone, and accepted everyone. The other was perpetually lonely, and no one was ever good enough, and she expected so much from people and no one could ever meet her standards. Is is true that one Grandmother was wise and one wasn't? No. 

Edited by mandyjw

Ok, ok, I have to get this out. MY GOD, MY GOD, MY GOD I LOVE THIS MAN (Nisargadatta Maharaj). He's like Jesus 2.0. Or Jesus without 2000 years of limited translation, text preservation and recording abilities.

My automatic intense propensity to fall in love with specific people who have let go of themselves and refuse to be a self and take credit is quite funny.

28 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Rebellion is automatic, unconscious. Forgive them for they know not what they do. 

xDxDxD

Not just rebellion LOVE is automatic, unconscious. No one loves. 

Realize that whatever you think yourself to be is just a stream of events; that while all happens, comes and goes, you alone are, the changeless among the changeful, the self-evident among the inferred. Separate the observed from the observer and abandon false identifications. - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Roger, you seem so matter of fact and boring, but do you realize how DRAMATICALLY AMAZING and entertaining the results of understanding what you teach are? Do you, do you? Probably. 

Why do I write these things, asking "do you" in an imaginary conversation with a teacher of non-doership. :S

"Father forgive them for they know not what they do," has to be one of the most powerful verses in the Bible. 

Rebellion/reaction is the greatest conformity. Surrender the greatest freedom. 

So something happened in which someone disrespected my property and as I became accustomed to see the beauty of the big picture of it (quite literally, cause you know how much I love signs and symbols and visual revelations) immediately someone showed up to talk to me about it and to make sure I knew that he was going to do something to prevent it from happening again. 

I also know that Mandy and Mary (who is an older woman neighbor who I greatly admire, but conservative and republican AF,) are the same person. We both, growing up in stage blue societies as women, have learned to act sweet and kind and loving, and in return the men in the neighborhood out of love and duty and their own programming naturally look out for us. Mandy and Mary are not sweet, kind helpless women at all, in fact we're most efficiently looking out for our own survival. 

I also know that the little deviant who showed disrespect is only unconsciously looking out for his survival and programming too and displaying his imagined freedom that he believes is his to own and express. We all exist within the very same mind as imagined characters.

Eagle shit in the driveway. The predestined shit of freedom.

Edited by mandyjw

Another neighbor stopped to talk to me about said deviants and how he'd make sure it didn't happen again. During this conversation he quoted the exact thought I'd had, "you don't shit where you eat" and then overhead I noticed a crow scuffling with an eagle. O.oxD

Oh... it's all too ridiculous to be real.