Son of leo

What do you use while meditating?

5 posts in this topic

Is it a pillow or some form of mat? Could you please recommend me some good material I could use?

Something that could keep me in posture without hurting my knees or making my leg numb?

And please dont say I don't need anything. I have a little bit of scoliosis so I need better equipment 

Look for a buckwheat meditation cushion, then put a blanket folded up under your legs. 

I've also found that starting a yoga practice really helps me to sit to meditate more comfortably too. I do a few stretches before I sit to meditate first thing in the morning and then have a longer yoga session later most days. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw thanks! this answer makes sense. I dont exercise alot. Yoga might help and the buckwheat cushion.

Do u sit in half lotus position? And how many minutes do u meditate?

I use a  soft pillow on my lower back because I suffer from scoliosis. I can't use hard material because it will hurt my back even more. 

Sometimes I use the chair. The chair is wooden and a bit bent on the inner back side so it holds my back very comfortably. 

I use the side part or arm of the couch. This side is a bit harder and firm and I use it sometimes for meditating. 

I also sit in my garden and outdoors  where I lean against the tree and that's been the most helpful out of all methods. The swaying of the tree and the breeze and the natural sunlight is a huge boost for meditation. My breathing is very free and I can easily focus. 

I also do walking meditation around the corridor on the back side of my house. There is this cemented corridor that leads to the garden. So I walk there back and forth and focus on my present moment while walking. 

The best meditation for me is outdoors. Because of the coronavirus situation I'm avoiding going anywhere out so I practice inside the house only. 

12 hours ago, Son of leo said:

Is it a pillow or some form of mat? Could you please recommend me some good material I could use?

Something that could keep me in posture without hurting my knees or making my leg numb?

Either use a pillow or a stand to rest your back on. Don't use any surface that even slightly hurts because that will press the nerves. 

I use yoga mat usually. Just a soft mat. But to avoid numbness I stretch in between or stand up for 3 minutes and then start again.. I sometimes don't maintain the lotus position but keep my legs fully stretched for some periods to avoid hurting. 

I sit in this position to avoid numbness 

3wz7or.jpg

Focus on the pressure you put on the legs. Immediately lift your knee or leg the moment you see pressure on the leg. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I have and alternate between both a meditation bench and a round meditation cushion for longer sittings. Have a google search and see what you think.