Vipassana

I meditated 3 hours straight for 21 days, this is what happened!

25 posts in this topic

Planning to set a 3 day retreat at home. I have been feeling drained from spending my time on the internet & even though i've been meditating alot, I still feel like I am mostly oriented outwards. Have any of you guys experimented with self retreating ?

Have decided to self retreat starting tomorrow until tuesday. No timelapes this time bc it seems redundant. Going to be doing vipassana meditation for 9.5 hours along with some Sambhavi, Inner Silence & Yoga Nidra. 

Send some love & kindness my way :D

@Vipassana Very cool to hear your feedback. I am currently meditating far less than you, however i want to up my time up to 2 hours. I started today, did almost 1 hr 10 min uninteruptudly and did 1 hr 40 min total. Strange, i cant say i did have mystical experiences but i do have unusual things happening to me, for example there is huge amount of energy channeling in and out my swadishtana and manipuraka. It is so much bliss there that i want to move instantly. I have constant expansion and contraction experiences altho very little and energies spike in my sahasrara. Nothing other than that i have. But i dont just sit i also center my mind on enernal truths that i feel subjectivly are true for me like if i am aware of this now, i always have been and always will be. This will go forever or no matter how i feel, wether i know or not i am Mahadeva or who am i e.c.t. and since i have done nirbaya dhyaan my swadishtana projects alot of intensity and bliss so suddenly it feels like there is so much depth to me.

Prior to that i had a awakening experience in my work i guess, but it was nothing i have read anywhere. It was not feeling some infinite love, maybe a little bit or having no boundary, but there was like insane levels of emotional relief and i felt like somebody else is laughing trough me, i was just pressing this emotion and it just constantly made me laugh. Its like laughing from nothingness. It was so relaxing and at the same time very intense. It really felt like nothing matters and this is a dream. I didnt underestand wether i cried from gratitude or laughed to tears.

@Applegarden wow thank you for sharing. To be fully honest, i havent really experienced anything profound in 2 years of rigorous practice. Its honestly day after day of me sitting with some form of suffering & enduring through it. Outside the practice itself, I can see that i have gone through enormous purification but as far as mystical experiences during the sit, I have a lot more to purify. I am aiming for a 30-45 day sit in the next few years so I can really crystallize mindfulness. Soon enough, I am going to be starting dogzchen practice (vajrayana) bc i have connects with a remarkable master & see where that takes me. Keep practicing brother. Only thing we can do is show up on the cushion and sit daily. 

Ive been doing bi-weekly 3 day sits where im meditating 10 hours a day everyday & i have been getting some intense work done. Lots of pain & suffering along with lots and lots of awareness and equanimity. Has anyone attempted doing short retreats at home? I initially thought it would be very difficult bc theres so many distractions around but its not as bad as I thought.