28 cm unbuffed

Feeling ashamed of being smart

47 posts in this topic

I guess I have to agree with what leo said there. You haven't met anyone smarter than you probably... infact there are alot. 

There is always someone better than you. That's cold hard truth man 

@Son of leo

Yeah, there are tons of people smarter than me in various areas of life. I never met someone smarter than me overall in real life. 

That's why I am also cocky - because my arrogance is high as well, because of all of that. 

And I know, being cocky, narcissistic and egotistic is, in fact, being dumb, not smart, but I am clever enough to convince people, that I am right and they are wrong. When in fact it's the opposite. This is one of my biggest problems in life. Paradoxical and fucked up, I would really need to meet a fucking saint, so he could talk me out of my bullshit.

@Leo Gura and @Nahm are great teachers for me and I highly admire them, but still - there are not my real-life friends.

This is going to sound harsh but if you were smart you wouldn't make this topic. EQ is as important as IQ.

In Tate we trust

I’m reminded of a interview I had with a job candidate. After we discussed several of his positive traits I asked “what would be a negative trait that you need to work on?” . . . His response was “I’m too much of a hardworker”. . . . I had to hold back from giggling and suggesting that he attend a “workaholics anonymous” meeting. 

I recommend watching Matt Kahn’s content, he has a very heart centered approach and IMO helps tremendously with self love

If you have a high IQ you most likely have a predominately masculine mind and his videos (which are based in feminine energy) might be very challenging for you to watch, but it’s worth a try, it will help you integrate the feminine energy. 

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

What do you define as intelligence? Quality or speed of specialization for a given task? There is an infinite number of ways into which one's brain can be arranged, narrowing your judgment of others projected onto your more or less restricted knowledge graph leads to bias, Dunning-Kruger effect and other tricks. Some neural networks converge quickly then stop improving after a local minimum is reached. A superficial review of someone else's reasoning/artwork can overlook its depth and scale, as well as the potential effort put into clearing away the superfluous constructs. We take for granted the collective intelligence accumulated by humanity over the past but most of the simple discoveries were actually hard to find.

Self-sabotage sometimes happens when you care too much about lofty ideals and self-esteem, running away from success with the idea that "if you don't try your best, you don't fail". However, you could also be worrying about loneliness and the loss of social relationships from discrimination, but I don't think people actually care about that. 

Edited by gswva

23 hours ago, 28 cm unbuffed said:

What I am asking about is - what might be another cause of it? The "root" of this cause? 

The root cause, is quite literally The Root Cause, the source of all that is.  It’s not the being smart which is problematic, it’s the claiming of the intelligence. It’s the “you think you know something” of it. Nothing “wrong” with it per se, but it will trigger a slight feeling of guilt or shame. This is because you do have an inner being, a source, and it is ‘the real you’, and it is the true source of love & intelligence. It is so infinitely intelligent that it is a literal not-knowing.  It wants to be with you in all things. It’s looking out for you in all things, “from the inside”, the heart, from feeling. In regards to love & intelligence, it does not desire separation by comparison, or any pride derived as such. It desires togetherness, inclusion, and acceptance of all creation. When you claim knowing things, it can’t help but remind you of the truth. You’re transcendent of “knowing things”. You are bigger than that, love is bigger than that, By innocently making yourself to feel bigger, it results in feeling smaller. You’re intrinsically great. Crazy, but that’s why it doesn’t feel good. 

You can check for yourself now if you want, by noticing the feeling response when you say... “I am the smartest man of all”............and then saying “thank you, for this gift of life & intelligence, and I’m sorry about all that shit before, I’m gettin it, take it easy on me, I’m learnin as I go.”

Intelligence is a gift and a curse until it’s tamed. It arises, we claim it, then inevitably suffer (cocky-ness rubs someone the wrong way, blows an opportunity or relationship, holds us back from what we desire, etc). But that’s how we learn. Use it for good. Your good, our good. Just use it in alignment, in the name of goodness. If you get tired of the rollercoaster, meditation is the middle way. Clarity is what’s ‘needed’, and there is an ocean of it in meditation. 

From the middle, it’s all clearer. There is love within you, which can be expressed, given - and in kind you experience and realize more of it. Give it to an ant, to your coffee cup, to the sun for coming up again. Notice it, appreciate it. Try to give all of it away, every last drop. I triple dog dare you. And receive it, from everyone & everything. Open yourself to love from all. I dare ya. I don’t think you can do it. I don’t think you have what it takes to receive this love. We’ll see. ?

Every finite mind is perfectly unique, and as such, every one has a void, which is perfectly unique as well. The void is like a gap, between the source, and the person. It is the forgetting of the true infinite self as it becomes, ‘you’. You can close that gap though. It has only to do with aligning your thoughts, with feeling. The trouble with being smart, is we think we know it has to do with circumstances, other people, our past, our parents, our kids, our friends, our friends girlfriends, our wives, our bosses, our bosses bosses, our neighbors, our president, rich people, angry people, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. Doesn’t work that way though. Alignment is just thought, feeling, & source (pure goodness). You’ll remember.. you’ll remember this. I know ya will. 

When you wake up in the mornings, connect in feeling, connect with your source...then proceed. Cold water on the face, go outside first thing and appreciate that shit, tell somebody you love em. Whatever your thing is, just appreciate & love, first thing. 

Just in case...for future reference...purification is good. It’s the most desired outcome of the soul searchin. Nobody knows just how it will start. Could be anger, could be envy or jealousy, could be a willingness to express vulnerability, could be realizing ‘that’ person acted from love, and did their best, who knows. In any case, should you be blessed enough, lucky enough to receive this love, to be ‘washed clean’ - stay out of your own way. It’s from the heart, and it’s for the body and mind. Set smarty pants aside. No thinking is needed, nobody needs to be roped in. This reality is made of healing, and it is just for you. Try to keep it simple. The absolute root cause just, doesn’t have a root cause. It just is. But the answer to every ‘why’ in my life, has been love. It’ll wash it all right out of you, if you let it, if you don’t outsmart it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@AlphaAbundance

No fucking idea. I think it's pretty high, but due to years of living like a stupid monkey, it dropped by a lot. And now I am getting aware of that and it pisses me off, I am working to get back to who I was and how I used to behave. 

I see all of it (it may sound dumb), like some kind of divine plan. I was so heavily left-brained, logically thinking guy, that I could rationalize everything to myself and others, just to trick them and to fulfill my needs. Smoking weed and psychedelics got me to a point, where I got basically disconnected to my left brain hemisphere, just to heal my right hemisphere, fix my EQ and to become a "good person". 

Why are you asking?

"Smart" isn't about IQ alone, it's more about what kind of outcomes (decisions, understanding of the world, responses and actions) you are able to produce for yourself, which involves all of the intelligences - and more - not just IQ, and how these combined works with your cognitive development so that you have a high ability to sense, make sense and produce such sensible responses - presenting yourself in a "smart" way.

Someone with moderate IQ can make "perfect sense" and create high quality outcomes while someone with [percieved] high IQ could be a psychopathic mess yet turning up as something that would be percieved as "smart" such as having high ranking positions in companies, success, money and so. 

We react more against people trying to be "smart" than noticing people who are smart and just acts on their capabilities but make little noise in the process.

E.g. someone with high ability to convey information in such a way that the reciever percieves that information as a result of their own sense making, making them feel smarter - versus - the "smart" besserwisser that hands over the correct answers and making others feel dumber or inferior in that process.

At the end of the day, who cares about being smart when what matters is how you show up and present yourself to the world.

Release any attachment to needing to be smart and comparing yourself against people that you deem smart as correlation between IQ and showing unhealty behaviors. 

Those feelings are probably produced by your judgement towards others and the cognitive dissonance created by your desire to be smart and your fear of being smart based on that misjudgement of others "smartness". 

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

@modmyth

Yes, I think it's a thing that I got since childhood. I was always "running away" from higher IQ people, to be closer with not that clever, but good people.

It changed after some time, to be the exact opposite.

It's a really long story, my personality changed like a million times in my life.

@Eph75

Being a strong individual for me means being strong in every area of your psyche and life.

That is why da Vinci was always such an inspiration for me - he understood, that to develop your brain to the highest capacity, you have to train all of its areas, like, creativity, IQ, EQ, memory, imagination, analytical thinking, etc. Because when one of them becomes stronger, all of them become stronger at the same time, because they depend on each other.

Absolutely ^_^

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

@AlphaAbundance

When I was about 13-14 years old, there was a stupid show on TV, for a whole country, where you were answering the questions.

Based on your score, you then had to find your age group, but I was too young for any of them, the younger the group was, the more IQ points you had to subtract from your score. The youngest one there was for the 20-year-olds, the students basically. I did it just for fun and didn't give it too much attention and had to subtract a lot of points, despite the fact that I was still a stupid kid, I do not want to lie, but it was 114 points I think.

Right now, after "integrating" my emotional part of the psyche, increasing my EQ (I was an arrogant, little narcissistic prick back then, full egomaniac) and practicing a lot of mindfulness and becoming an adult finally I would bet on a much higher score. I feel like my left hemisphere just got "activated" and starts to get back in shape.  

I do not want to exaggerate here, when I will get back on track with my life (I'm after huge energy shift process in my body and still going through dark night of the soul event) I will test it for sure and let you know ;) 

Edited by 28 cm unbuffed

Step One:  Grow up, change your user name.   Is your IQ 28?

Don't worry, I can clearly see you are learning on your way.  You're still a young man.  Pro tip:  The sooner you forget about your undeniable above-average-iq, you will do better in life.  @28 cm unbuffed   

@roar

Thank you, man!

Yes, that was a huge obstacle for me. I wanted to prove to everybody that they are wrong and I am right, too much arrogance came with that. I learned that there is always something "good" in the "bad" and I can learn a lot from these not that smart people.

Lots of examples, but even when someone is 99% wrong, there is something that keeps them there, there is something valuable to learn, even if something is "lower vibration", doesn't mean that it is all wrong. That was a huge lesson for me.

Yes! We are all trapped in our human bodies.  Humans are fragile bodies of muscle and mind.  You are not the mind, nor body.  Control the mind, let the body follow.  Elevate yourself from mundane human life, and use mind and body as the materialistic vessel towards  immortality.