Parththakkar12

A Vision for a society where Collective Egos aren't ideologically driven

8 posts in this topic

Here's my take on why Collective Egos are ideological and why they cling to their ideology so much : The group the ideology represents gives them a sense of belonging, a sense of community. We feel the urge to find some group to fit into because we have an unmet emotional need for belonging.

Lets say we have an ideological group, say a religion. Now lets say a scientifically-minded/atheistically-minded person comes into the room and starts dismantling and tearing apart the religious ideology. How will the people respond? Will they say 'Oh man! I'd never considered that! Thank you so much for opening our eyes to new ways of thinking about our religious texts.' No. They will be judgemental as hell, deny all the blindspots of their religion, rationalize the shit out of the challenger's claims and do everything in their power to push the challenger out of the room, mentally and physically. The religious ideology gives them a sense of belonging which is why they will collectively turn a blind eye to obvious blindspots/contradictions/ambiguities of their ideology. The problem with this situation is that this is a very mechanical collective survival mechanism which tries to meet their needs for belonging, but fails. The ideology is only able to serve as a crutch because we don't have a better strategy to belong with a group at this time in history.

My take on how this can be resolved : People work on mastering their emotions. This can help them gain consciousness of this fundamental survival mechanism of collective egos. This can also help them feel more empowered relative to their need for belonging, as a result of which the strategy won't be so mechanical anymore. This may seem like a very tall order, but I think SD Stage Green and above is capable of doing this. This won't get rid of ideology entirely as that's one of the fundamental mechanisms of our mind, but collectively we won't be so attached to ideology anymore. This may be 500 years into the future though, but we gotta start somewhere!

If we're able to pull this off, it'll become much easier to be a socially responsible citizen and there won't be so much confusion on what to believe. Thoughts?

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

Please list potential challenges that could come in the way of actualizing this vision.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

On 15/4/2020 at 2:18 PM, Parththakkar12 said:

Please list potential challenges that could come in the way of actualizing this vision.

Being part of an ideology not only gives you a sense of belonging. It gives you your identity. For example if you tell a Christian something basic like the earth has 7.5 billon years, you would not only question his views on earth, but the whole identity of that person.

Actually a lot of Christians aren’t reactive, they would just say something like "well you have your believes and I have mine", others would smile or ignore you. 

It would take more than emotional mastery (although it would help), if you want to change the collective egos and eradicate ideologies, you would have to offer many tools so the people that question a little bit their ideology could find some help.  Therefore, it's 90% about the individual and 10% about the tools. 

By tools, I mean Information, exercise, methods, showing the bigger picture, books, meditation, emotional mastery…  

Kids spend most of the time in school, so if we could provide some tools there it would be awesome. So yeah it could take easily 500 years.

Hope it helps man!

A blue stage belief system not gonna eradicated in once, you have to make efforts later and then again and again. still there are going to be people, who will hold on to it, if that makes their survival easier. to dismantle once own beliefs, and accept others completely foreign perspective needs radical open-mindedness, that's simply not possible for every person. even higher stages folks are in lower spiral stages and closeminded at times.

ideology isn't necessarily a negative. I would say culture and ideology are intertwined. It's more so about if that ideology is beneficial towards growth vs if it hampers it. 

My view on that - It's quite simple. If you feel like shit you gonna glue yourself to/ identify with ideologis, anything that makes you feel better like f.e. sports fans, people who identify themself with their nation/country/familly/politicall party/celebrity/genre of music, w/e.    I've noticed that the less socially developed, the lower your self esteem, confidence  -  the more you depend on such groups, friends, other people in general.       So question at hand is why do ppl feel like they don't matter,they are small, limited, unhappy in the first place  (kid's doesn't right?)  and how do you make them "feel like a boss" confident, strong, with high self esteem.  You solve that you solve probably every? (certainly most of them) problem, issue  we are currently dealing with in the world.           

Edited by Abrakadabra

@Parththakkar12

One challenge ist that you lose your identity. You are not willing to fight for your civilization against barbarians. 

You might not be interested in having kids so your civilization dies out. This is one problem in Europe.

Fake identity gives your ego a reason to live. 

Having no identity weakens the will to live.

Buddha didn't care if he survived

On 5/21/2020 at 4:11 PM, Neuroknot said:

the earth has 7.5 billon years

Earth is 4.5 billion years old

If you believe in time, that is ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.