Elham

Ramadan month in quarantine

10 posts in this topic

As you probably know Muslims fast during a month name Ramadan which starts in a week. They don't eat anything from sunrise to sunset. 

Although here some people does that each year, I've never done that due to being lazy and having many things to do during the day. Also I am not religious at all.

I was thinking with this Coronavirus crisis this is the best time to give it a try. 

Think about it. We can meditate at 2 or 3 a.m (which apparently due to melotonine level it is a good time to meditate) then eat something before sunrise and go to sleep.

Don't see it as something religious. See it as an opportunity. To take advantage of this lock down for fasting and practicing meditation. Isn't this something almost all of us are already doing or at least trying to do?

And if I die these days because of Coronavirus, they may let me go to Muslim's heaven xD

Edited by Elham

Isn´t this just eating once a day at night? xD

PD: Not trying to de-motivate you btw, I actually encourage you to try fasting it will surely be good for you, and yeah meditation + eating less they go hand in hand for better results

Do it if you want to. Dont see why you would do this if you're not religious though. Theres apparently more healthy ways to fast, that doesn't fuck up your sleep schedule. Im pretty sure many muslims eat fatty shitty food on Ramadan. My Muslim friends did at least. You could try out juice fasting, should be good for detoxing. Water fasting, should be good for meditative high focus states. Intermediate fasting, primarily used by gym lads, should be good for shedding fat fast.

It's like the story of Pythagoras who wanted to learn mysteries of Egyptians but he was asked to Fast and Meditate in desert for 40 days first. 

7 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Isn´t this just eating once a day at night? 

It would be eating once before sunrise and as much as you want after sunset xD

6 minutes ago, traveler said:

Im pretty sure many muslims eat fatty shitty food on Ramadan. My Muslim friends did at least. 

So true. That's what I always tell people here. They harm their body so much that Fasting for their whole life can't fix that xD

Edited by Elham

i guess it doesnt matter what u practice as long as u have a good heart. i would say set ur intentions right and practice what ever u want b cuz god sees through ur heart not through ur behaviour and the purer ur intentions r the closer they get u to god. of course when i say god i dont mean the old man in the sky 

Interesting concept. I do it anyways with my mom even though we’re both ex Muslims.

I know I'm late here, very late as a matter of fact, but I felt like posting here something.

Fasting and meditation go hand in hand yes. I have never heard of this:

On 14-4-2020 at 11:32 PM, Elham said:

We can meditate at 2 or 3 a.m (which apparently due to melotonine level it is a good time to meditate)

But am interested in trying out if this is actually true. Usually I meditate around 6 PM or the last half hour before the sun goes down (I meditate everyday for 30 mins atm)

Though I have to say: it's very energy absorbing. It's difficult to concentrate on important tasks and if you have any deadlines or stuff like that you might feel even more stressed. Right now I have online classes and focussing/keeping up with the homework etc can be very frustrating. Then again, it's better then going out (it's summer where I live).

Good luck.

4 hours ago, Ampresus said:

But am interested in trying out if this is actually true.

you can read "becoming supernatural". This has been described there in detail.