WonderSeeker

What the heck happened?

6 posts in this topic

What the heck happened? I am a newbie meditator (9 weeks now). Two nights ago, during the 40 minute mark of my daily meditation, things went wonky. I was concentrating on a large object about six feet in front of me, and it began to look as if it were "decaying" into a skeleton of what it once was. My surroundings were disappearing and popping back into view as well. While the visual show was occurring, I was having this strong sense of BEING, similar to past psychedelic sessions. It felt as if my body was locked in place, ascending upward, and plummeting downward all at the same exact time. My palms got really hot and sweaty as tears were streaming down my face out of both eyes. It was a beautiful and scary experience all at the same time. 

I don't think this was anything near enlightenment or a form of awakening, as there was really no insight involved. Regardless, it left me in awe. If anybody can shed light on this experience, I would greatly appreciate the wisdom! ^_^

What happened is just what happened. don't attach too much importance to it. id see them as signposts you're going in the right direction. Anyway try focus on that sense of being that's were truth lies 

@WonderSeeker Maaann.... I dont know what the fuck happened so I can't answer that question but im jealous. You have only been meditating for 9 weeks and got this really cool "experience" whatever that was. I, on the other hand have been meditating for a few years now but haven't experienced something even remotely close to that. So if you are serious about meditation and enlightenment and whatnot, be glad and grateful that you experienced it :D

Something very similar happens to me when I meditate with my eyes open. Everything just starts falling apart lol

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho