Applegarden

Thinking about leaving this forum

34 posts in this topic

@Applegarden @neovox Spiritual communities are biased toward the idea that enlightenment is the only purpose in life since all the efforts spent trying to reach such state develop into attachment and self-worth. As long as the teacher is alive and at a normal level of awareness, the ego is there to blend the perspective with its overlay of prejudices. This is one of the deepest layer where it hides its tricks. Awakening isn't about becoming more. It's about being less, Nothing. I haven't achieved such state though so I can't talk with confidence. It's not the Truth but, much like anything carried over duality.

I don't think there is any other point in life other than enjoying it, no matter what it means to you. You will always return to your initial non-dual state without having to do anything. Aligning our will with the universe could be beneficial, but not necessary. We have the freedom to do everything we want in the dreams we give to ourselves. As long as we keep in mind that Love is give and take. The ego wants all the joy and none of the pain, it's the only devil that exists. I've already noticed great improvement in my daily life and with relationships just by embracing selflessness.

Personally, I will see waking up as a long-term goal, working my way through it slowly, but enjoying all of it. It's wrong to do it because you feel socially pressured or want to feel superior. You're not missing out on anything. It's only another selfish wish tricking yourself into more suffering. 

Edited by gswva

I notice many people are focusing on what they are not getting from the forum. A good recontextualization might be to focus on what you want to give back to the forum instead. That is, changing the focus from taking to giving. If my focus had been to get something from this forum then I would have been gone long time ago.

IMO if you decide to leave, do so because you feel like your time is better served elsewhere.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

8 minutes ago, Commodent said:

I notice many people are focusing on what they are not getting from the forum. A good recontextualization might be to focus on what you want to give back to the forum instead. That is, changing the focus from taking to giving. If my focus had been to get something from this forum then I would have been gone long time ago.

IMO if you decide to leave, do so because you feel like your time is better served elsewhere.

:x

9 minutes ago, Commodent said:

Indeed, I feel like this mentality of cutting off something from your life, like a community, comes from a certain neediness or attention seeking. This was definitely present in me in the past. It's similar to the codependency relationship vs a relationship that is based on sharing. If have an expectation or need, you will rather cut off something from your life than continue being disappointed or have your needs not met.

When you have a friend and you want them to pay attention to you all the time, you might cut the friendship if they don't give you the attention you seek. When you have no expectations, you simply appreciate the attention you get, and focus on other things when you do not get it etc.

12 hours ago, Cykaaaa said:

Why are people making such a big deal out of leaving the forum :P

Bro, you can leave anytime and come back anytime haha. It's like you're asking us to convince you to stay OR get some opinions from people that also want to leave to become more convinced that you're making a good choice.

The forum can be a great asset, or it can be a thing that's holding you down. DEPENDS HOW YOU USE IT. You have to intuitively know whether you should be using it at this point in your life and how much. Look into your heart and you'll get the answer.

Yes, and it is also not black and white. There needs to be no decision made, it's like the person is trying to create a rule "I will never use this forum anymore!".

Rather, when you don't feel like using it, simply don't use it. When you want to come back to it, come back to it. It's not like there has to be a defined, static relationship towards how you deal with something.

This also applies to many other things, and it also makes it easier and healthier to take a break. It's not a monumental task to simply not use the forum while you don't want to use it, you will do that anyways. When you make this black and white, and final, it can paralyse you.

This extends to life purpose aswell. "I will be X for the rest of my life!", this kind of mentality can make it impossible for one to explore different kinds of possibilities, because one makes the exploration final, instead of about exploring. You can try something, it does not mean it has to be the case forever and define who you are.

It is fundamentally a problem of identity. You are deciding whether you will be "Person who goes to forum" or "Person who does not go to forum". You are neither, this is a silly story. You are simply what you are. Let consciousness flow like a river.

Glory to Israel

14 minutes ago, Scholar said:

It is fundamentally a problem of identity. You are deciding whether you will be "Person who goes to forum" or "Person who does not go to forum". You are neither, this is a silly story. You are simply what you are. Let consciousness flow like a river.

18 hours ago, Epiphany_Inspired said:

1. The Unity of our individual expressions coming together on the road to consciousness (community)

2. Other perspectives help keep our minds open

3. A great way to serve the universe is by helping other human expressions... and this is an incredible platform for that... most here actually want to evolve

4. You can continue to Journey with Leo, etc

I mean people who call you racist and feminist and all those labels. Even when all you are doing is trying to explain a point. But they take something out of context and attack you so that you end up with warning points. 

Nothing really can be done about that. 

I mean you get embroiled in their stupid drama and lose focus of the topic. 

Now who wants that shit??? 

Just being honest. 

There's only so much a person can take. 

(I mean you don't come here for stupid accusations) 

(Instigators are sadly allowed on the forum. Before taking a break, Leo talked about Purging bullshitters. Where's Leo at? Has the Purging stopped suddenly? The problem with Purging is that you can't purge each and every bullshitter. It's tough. You could end up losing a large chunk of forum visitors. I get that. But good people on the forum have to constantly deal with these bullshitters and that's getting annoying now, I don't want them to get warning points or ban but a small message stating them to put some control on their behavior might help. Or else this forum is going to turn into a large pit of arguments arguments arguments no growth. Just letting my heart out about it all. Don't take personal) 

Plus I don't want to be a burden to the moderators. They're already doing a great job unpaid. So it won't be fair if I bug them about so and so troll day in day out. Its like I'll become a thorn in their side. I don't want that either. I respect moderators too much to bug them ever. So yea there are inherent problems that are tough to solve. Hopefully there will be ways to deal with things. I hope all the best to everyone. 

<no more replying to this topic. I'm done saying/purging whatever I wanted >

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

On 4/11/2020 at 5:32 PM, Thought Art said:

Hmm,  I think text is inherently a hard and limited way to communicate.  

I agree! this keeps me from getting the most of the forum, really connecting with anyone with similar interests. Some kind of video chat thing would be interesting! Maybe its like forums topics but you join a video call to discuss rather than chats. People in the call leave notes so people can read them like reading a forum, and decide to join. 

Leo get your programming skills together and get on this! :P 

On 11/04/2020 at 11:25 PM, Preety_India said:

You can't talk to people who are biased against you all the time. 

You've have hitten right on the money. I just got here a couple of days ago and the only reaction I'm getting is people stepping on eachother, having the exact opposite opinion for the sake of having or for proving themselves "superior". Probably will leave too because I'm only seeing this as another distraction.

Just take a break or limit how much you come on

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

1 hour ago, chisel said:

You've have hitten right on the money. I just got here a couple of days ago and the only reaction I'm getting is people stepping on eachother, having the exact opposite opinion for the sake of having or for proving themselves "superior". Probably will leave too because I'm only seeing this as another distraction.

You're right. It's a trick of distraction and it takes time to realize how much time gets wasted in dealing with people trying to step on  you to prove they're superior. 

1 hour ago, SamueLSD said:

Just take a break or limit how much you come on

That's a good suggestion 

1 hour ago, chisel said:

proving themselves "superior". Probably will leave too because I'm only seeing this as another distraction.

Eventually good people gonna leave if bullshitters aren't going to be care of. Just the truth. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Keyhole bro if it weren't for our highly effective funposting skills, spirituality would be so simple it wouldn't be funny. everything is distraction unless it's truth, nothing! our whole life as human is basically groundless trolling. conceiving infinite layers of monkey yapping isn't just about random noise, i mean it is but, it adds relative value to art and clears the imaginary path to new possibilities. self-torture powered by love never went wrong!

@Keyhole Well, it's just a poor attempt to highlight the idea that ignoring said trolling is way easier than understanding reality. This forum is great, but discussing non-duality over duality has expected side effects. We are all trying as best as we can to maximize the value and visibility of our opinions, which distance ourselves from the truth and from each other through social pressure, influencing the existence of this topic. We supposedly cannot define the the formless with form, and the endless mental masturbation around it is not always satisfying. What seems to matter most are the emotional supports and spirtual teachings.

The only difference with trolling is the selfish joy experienced when bringing people down and its inherent feeling of superiority. It's not always done on purpose, if never since the lowest stages of trolls focus on "what feels good" without thinking to much about it. I'm sorry you got doxxed, but else I don't see why anyone who isn't a mod should worry about trolls, let alone leave because of this. They are ubiquitous on internet.