Crystalous

Heavy OCD

6 posts in this topic

Hey.It looks i have ocd.I can't stop changing position in the furnitures in the house.I try to see where it is best to be positioned and always i change everything nothing really fullfils me and when it does after some time it stops.The same happens with my posture...I minimalize and try to empty the uneccessary shit and it helps a bit.What alse can i do?

Edited by Crystalous

Sounds like an underlying issue with perfectionism/acceptance that is manifesting in trivial ways, or it could be you subconsciously feeling lacking from something in the past and you're compensating for it now by optimizing what you do have.

It's really hard to say. Being aware of the unnecessary stuff is a good start, but it's only a band-aid that will treat the symptoms. You need to dig deeper into your past to be aware of what the real cause is.

Important questions to ask are;

- When did this first start? I mean specifically remember the earliest of you doing this. Remember that part of your life as much as you can, and try to find links that might have caused the habit/behavior.

- If I make a real effort to force my way through the OCD, what emotions does that bring up for me? Knowing the kinds of emotions that happen will help pinpoint where the issue is.

This will help you get started to heal deeper, it's not exactly on the topic but it's really profound and has a lot of overlap;

Hope this helps cheers!

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

Hello :)

Check out this channel, it might help: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5RsHynktqGlvUaP2ML0Faw

Try to create a connection between your obsessive thoughts, compulsive behavior and a feeling of relaxation and acceptance. I mean, actually love these thoughts when they arise, accept them, they are good.

Then gradually stop engaging in replacing your furniture, just relax in the moment. Nothing has to be fixed really. You aren't missing anything.

Meditation should also help. Relax to the deepest.

There is a great podcast talking about someone who overcame OCD and how he had to take the counter-intuitive approach of truly getting into the substance of those patterns. Check out episode 79 of "living 4d with Paul Chek" podcast. Turns out it's online right here! https://chekinstitute.com/podcast/

@kieranperezyou might appreciate this podcast as well as it touches on adhd as well 

Edited by DrewNows

@DrewNows I'm glad you shared that episode with me the other day. I've yet to listen to it for a second time but know that I plan to. Too much for me to retain with just one pass. Comprehensive and very rich. Good stuff! 

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

5 hours ago, DrewNows said:

There is a great podcast talking about someone who overcame OCD and how he had to take the counter-intuitive approach of truly getting into the substance of those patterns. Check out episode 79 of "living 4d with Paul Chek" podcast. Turns out it's online right here! https://chekinstitute.com/podcast/

@kieranperezyou might appreciate this podcast as well as it touches on adhd as well 

This podcast you listed is about a guy who had trauma that was misdiagnosed for OCD. Real OCD is something that tends to manifest as a developmental disorder but is usually just addressed with a 3rd person objective lens in terms of cognitive strategies through day to day life to cope and pharmacological treatments at the level of the brain (given the confusion and conflation between mind and brain). ADHD is not inherently a problem. ADHD in a certain sense doesn’t mean anything as it’s not a disease like cancer where we know what it is. If you deal with a disease like cancer, you can see what it is - usually a tumor. When it comes to the domain of cognition, things are A LOT harder to mark out what’s what because all we see is general vague symptoms, we have a medical paradigm that’s grounded on false assumptions between mind and brain and the abstract nature of mind and emotions and how that impacts the brain and nervous system and so on. Having legit ADHD or OCD (which, with the conditions @Crystalous gave I wouldn’t find it appropriate to just say he clearly does as it’s so vague) tends to be an issue in a lot of modern societies because, at least here in America, we have antiquated school systems that range from traditionalist to a post modern value system, all of which are a fucking mess which right then and there could be the heart of these issues given that there’s more reason to suggest that this stuff could be developmental traumas. When I speak of OCD or ADHD, I’m talking about stuff that traces back pretty much cover the entire course of sometimes life. These terms are so easy to through around because it’s convenient given that we live in a world filled with pseudo psychologists. 

The most important thing I think about dealing with this stuff was actually highlighted in that podcast - if someone wants to deal with this stuff... THEY have to be the source of the solution. Not some gimmick or magic technique or practice. This work is NOT fun and usually very uncomfortable. There is no magic pill or meditation practice, technology, etc. that’s going to do it. That’s not really news people (including me) ever want to hear because it’s a lot more convenient (understandable why that would be desired) to have some teacher say “just do this” or outsource stuff to some self-help teacher or any other kind of teacher or even doctor (not that it’s wise to ignore them) rather than take responsibility for ones condition. 

Also keep in mind that not all tendencies of mind can be changed and I would question any thought that says one has to - because it’s not true at all. Sometimes this stuff has deeper desires to live a life that’s more suitable and enjoyable rather than trying to just live like everybody else.