Endangered-EGO

Teach me methods to meditate all day.

19 posts in this topic

All day Mindfullness meditation.

I would like to meditate all day long to replace my nicotine habit. I don't really like the labelling in leos/shinzens mindfulness practice, but I definitely want something with Self inquiry and concentration.

I imagined focussing on distinct things once in a while and not letting that focus go. physical sensations, my senses, visual thoughts, "the voice" thoughts, emotions etc.

I also want to function in everyday life, so not doing nothing, because that's kind an issue for me right now.

My Goal is to have a practice I do without interruption, that leads me to be conscious all day, increase concentration/mindfulness so it becomes automatic and I do it without consciously having to remind myself to start that mindfulness practice. In a sense I want to be the permanent observer of what is happening.

Being conscious of the breath all day long might also be an option?

I'm open to all suggestions.

2 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Here you have 112 https://archive.org/details/OshoVigyanBhairavaTantra

I´m sure you´ll find enough to keep yourself consciouss all day. LOL

The difficult thing is not the methods is actually be discliplined enough to not believe your monkey mind

Wow, these are awesome!  Thank you so much for sharing!

@Endangered-EGO If what you were looking for worked, meditation retreats wouldn't be a thing.

You are not going to be meditative all day long while doing everyday tasks without decades of serious training.

Either limit your meditation to short but rigorous daily sessions, or do a full 10 day retreat. Otherwise you will be half-assing it and get nowhere. Effective meditation requires rigor.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Endangered-EGO there no method to meditate all day. Just close your eyes. If you want methods you probably talking about krya yoga. And be careful krya yoga is not only to show you oneness it can harm you, there are subtle processes that we might not be aware and krya yoga can make it worse. If you wanna meditate all day, close your eyes and that's it

1 hour ago, Red-White-Light said:

watching paint dry

Watching paint dry is actually interesting, I encourage you to try it. :P It's a good meditation technique.

@Endangered-EGO You could read Ralston's "Zen-Body Being" and train body awareness every day. The book is available on Audible if you don't have time to read it on paper. I have been listening to it at work and applying the principles on the go.

Edited by Girzo

@Endangered-EGO I hope you are doing well :)  I went through a similar realization recently. To do such a thing, you need to learn effortless attentional stability and metacognitive awareness.

Doing the breath all day is possible but it requires a lot of awareness since the object of attention is so narrow. 

If you are experiencing any joy, you can train yourself to use that as a meditation object. Then develop awareness with the breath, body, mind to while attention is on the joy. But if you can't do it yet, then using breath is a good option in daily life. Just make sure not to over-emphasize the breath too much. Awareness development is necessary here.

Regardless, the process to develop metacognitive awareness is the same:

Master stability of attention to a sufficient degree.

Expand awareness of everything else while holding attention in the same way. Do this at the same time.

Become more and more conscious of the reactions and states of your mind. Reduce suffering consistently as egoic habits kick in. You'll be able to do it because mindfulness and metacognitive awareness will monitor for such reactions.

Reinforce joy and happiness by smiling and slowing your movements in daily life. Don't let subtle annoyances and frustrations arise on a momentary basis. If they do arise, notice the impatience and aversion. Smile and slow down movements, expand the awareness as usual.

Get used to this process and do it on a momentary basis.

There is one more challenge. Since you'll be doing this in daily life, you need to change how you do things. You'll be slower than usual to apply mindfulness in this way. Whatever activities you are doing, you need to constantly slow down the movements to develop this awareness. Otherwise, you'll forget again and sink into unconsciousness.

Hope this helps. It requires a lot of skill but it is doable in 4-10 years of training.

Edited by ardacigin

I like what @ardacigin said. And also maybe you want to try to microdose shrooms for a while. They indeed help you to vibrate more 
beautifully and meditation becomes much more effortless. At least that is what I have experienced.

@Leo Gura  If everybody was the same, that would be true. I am psychotically conscious, if I am not obsessively focussing on something that is useful, I am obsessively focussing on things that aren't usefull at all, and identifying as those things.

I am also not a newbie, I have perceived the nothingness and samadhis without decades of training. So just suppose I am advanced enough for advanced techniques. Never took psychedelics and I don't want to in the near future because of my psychotic nature.

Currently I am doing Shinzeng Youngs do nothing technique during the day: whenever the intention to control things come up I give up that intention.

So I am sure I would be able to accomplish the easy kind of meditation throughout the day.

I would also say that I am too conscious of things, and whenever I notice too much, it drives me crazy. So how can I meditate whenever I have too much brain RAM available.

@ardacigin So you are describing mindfulness for every object that comes up, and especially focusing on joy and love etc. Maintaining the focus on every object that comes up? But mainly using positive emotions as something to keep up as much as possible?

@Endangered-EGO One can be advanced in some areas and simultaneously be a newbie in other areas. One of the great pleasures of exploration.

@ardacigin So you are describing mindfulness for every object that comes up, and especially focusing on joy and love etc. Maintaining the focus on every object that comes up? But mainly using positive emotions as something to keep up as much as possible?

@ardacigin  it's a bit off-topic but, since I really appreciate your posts and how you approach meditation work, I would like to ask you something: What would be your optimal meditation journey (techniques and hours), from beginner to advanced level? Can you give a general example that you think would be a good schedule for a beginner-intermediate-advanced? For example, beginner: 40 min samatha, 40 min body scan, interemdiate: 1h samatha, 1h do nothing, 1 hour self inquiry, etc. I know this is entirely up to the person, but it would be great if you give a general example for guidance / inspiration. Thank you!

On 4/11/2020 at 1:58 PM, Red-White-Light said:

@Leo Gura How do you deal with the torturing Bordem? It must be like watching paint dry.

You die ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Red-White-Light "hello this is samaritans, we strongly advise you do not get rid of your ego if you do we will all disappear like a mirage "

Edited by Chives99

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

@Leo Gura When you say death do you mean that you become inter-grated as a process of reality, no longer existing as an individual? I can’t imagine reading, lifting weights etc in that state.

Edited by Red-White-Light