Matteo

leo's shamanic breathing vs wim hof method

15 posts in this topic

Do you have extensive experience with both of this techniques? How are they different? Do they deliver similar results? Please share your experiences with those techniques or anything similar. Thank you.

Wim Hof breathing technique vs Holotropic breathing is like compare weed vs DMT. The first one is kid´s game, the second one strong stuff. 

You can combine both. A couple of minutes of Wim Hof breathing techinque 3x30 every day and one holotrophic breathing 40 min session every week. That is what I do.

Edited by RedLine

3 hours ago, RedLine said:

Wim Hof breathing technique vs Holotropic breathing is like compare weed vs DMT. The first one is kid´s game, the second one strong stuff. 

You can combine both. A couple of minutes of Wim Hof breathing techinque 3x30 every day and one holotrophic breathing 40 min session every week. That is what I do.

What benefits do you get from holotropic breathwork? 

You are addicted to alcohol? Yhym... Try quitting coffee.

3 hours ago, RedLine said:

The first one is kid´s game, the second one strong stuff. 

xaxaxa why don't you try 5 rounds of 40 breaths with prolonged hold of the breath.Today i blacked out.

1 hour ago, Amilaer--- said:

What benefits do you get from holotropic breathwork? 

This make you progress in the self actualization path of compassion and ego detachment.

It is very therapeutic. I feel like I release a lot of body pain from my ordinary life, which is caused by shadow and ego attachment. Usually I feel very sad and aware at the same time after the session because I realise all the suffer I have in my daily life.

I mix the two together and make my own version, after 30 mins of holotropic breathing I then breathe in fully one last time and then exhale at a normal rate (a Wim Hof instructor told me that’s how it supposed to be done) and then see how long I can go before needing to inhale again, I easily get two minutes. When I went to a workshop for Wim Hof method, we started off slow and then picked up the pace and since you have to make it “circular” it basically is doing the same as holotropic breathing, there’s no gap in between, so if anything the holotropic breathing is one extended intense round of Wim Hof breathing just without the breath hold at the end. I personally have found the combination of the two to be most effective for both of the desired outcomes. That’s my personal experience though. 

1 hour ago, Crystalous said:

Today i blacked out.

Maybe because you force also the exhale phase which is a common mistake. The correct Wim Hof technique is inhale strong an exhale slow.

Edited by RedLine

1 minute ago, RedLine said:

maybe because you force also the exhale phase which is a common mistake. The correct Wim Hof technique is inhale strong an exhale slow.

no i did not.This might happen if you do it right and it is not bad.It was like a restrfull 15 minute sleep.

3 minutes ago, Crystalous said:

no i did not.This might happen if you do it right and it is not bad.It was like a restrfull 15 minute sleep.

damn

So maybe it depends on the person. For me, Wim Hof technique doesn't´hit too hard.

Edited by RedLine

They are both very different but both really effective. Leo’s is basically Holotropic Breathwork which is good for releasing old trauma. Wim Hof method you can use any time. 

Stop with the ‘vs’ and enjoy them both :)

7 minutes ago, RedLine said:

damn

So maybe it depends on the person. For me, Wim Hof technique doesn't´hit too hard.

Take deep breaths first fill the stomach and the rest will go to the upper body.Then completely exhale and stay there calm as long as you can.

Wim Hof method is good for beginners. It takes quite a bit of work and fortitude to carry the 30 mins- 3hours per shamanic/ holotropic. Wim Hof is a good to build into a routine several times a day. Shamanic you'll need to clear your schedule a bit, so once a week or whatever. There are other breathwork techniques that are good too. 6 sec inhale/ 6 second exhale for 6+ minutes when you lay down to go to sleep, for example. Air can be powerful shit 

@neovox Definitely i'm going to try 6 sec in 6 sec out, lately I got sleep problems. Thanks. 

Edited by Amilaer---

You are addicted to alcohol? Yhym... Try quitting coffee.

53 minutes ago, neovox said:

Wim Hof method is good for beginners. It takes quite a bit of work and fortitude to carry the 30 mins- 3hours per shamanic/ holotropic. Wim Hof is a good to build into a routine several times a day. Shamanic you'll need to clear your schedule a bit, so once a week or whatever. There are other breathwork techniques that are good too. 6 sec inhale/ 6 second exhale for 6+ minutes when you lay down to go to sleep, for example. Air can be powerful shit 

six six six the number of the beast xax :P