JoseM

Thoughts On Tai Lopez?

28 posts in this topic

I have seen his ads on youtube and watched some of his videos but the fact that he always appears partying and living a luxury life makes me feel a little suspicious about him.

What do you think?

Tai Lopez = Lame

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

On 6/28/2016 at 11:22 AM, JoseM said:

What do you think?

I have got his 67 steps. I listened to the first 8 so far, just had not time to finish all of them yet. The impression that his material gives me is that he didn't prepare well enough before recording it. Kind of like he woke up and said "lets talk about XYZ" , kind of like telling you "Hey pal, with my high status I don't have time to make the best content ever for you, but it is cheap". Leo's free videos are much deeper. But despite that Tai is more superficial than Leo I believe you must listen to Tai too. See, every guru out there has it's own focus and he will talk about what hurts him most. Tai is also more practical than Leo, he will talk you about ROI , and many stuff about business. Tai has also read a lot of books and he is a walking encyclopedia, so you definitely can learn a lot from him. You just have to be smart enough to identify what is good and what you want to keep and what is not. That easy.

Edited by Nulik

I like Phil Smy's (non-glowing) recommendation - that basically it's $67 and if you go through it you should get more than $67 worth of value out of it. He characterizes Tai as a curator of information is opposed to some guru you should follow. I will probably get it even though I'm sure there's some overlap with other sources that are on my radar like Brian Johnson. 

I agree with Nulik - Leo's free content is way better organized, methodical and prepared. Leo is way more deliberate and mindful...

Edited by hedge

Of course, compared with the topics Leo talks about, Tai Lopez's videos are less valuable in terms of what really matters. On the other hand, he's actually doing a great job pushing personal development to the masses.

He "speaks the same language" as the majority of the population. You won't hook the masses in by talking about enlightenment or the ego. These things are simply out of their ball court.

Now, show them lamborghinis and hollywood parties in big mansions and you'll grab their attention. Hell, they might even pick up a book and read it just because they associate such success with learning.

Once they start walking the path towards wisdom, I would imagine, they  will naturally gravitate towards more deeper topics. Tai himself isn't some sort of a moron who simply stumbled upon his success. He knows what he's talking about, to a degree and on certain topics, but I think his purpose is to simply make people more aware about he importance of knowledge...in his garage.

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

in my opinion it dose not  matter Tai scam or not but still he is offering awesome info and summarizing interesting books for free and sharing the advise of successful people like he is most of the time mentioning Warren buffet i like that part :)

but i didn't have chance to go through his 67 steps 

when i watch his video's i sort of feel like my intelligence is being insulted. but maybe he actually does know his shit and helps people become millionaires.   

@JoseM Tai looks super fake and autistic. I don't know why but he comes off as very inauthentic in all of his videos. If people say he's charismatic im like "u joking? This guy cant even hold an eye contact."

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

I bought his 67 steps program when it was first launched, it was 5$ back then. His videos were good and they got me out of the rut. He is the one person who got me to work more on myself. I am an avid reader so his ideas about importance of reading books and a lot of suggestions for good books resonated with me. That was 2 years ago.

In the meantime he has completely changed his approach and things he does. He is even contradicting himself in many instances:

1) Often quotes Daniel Kahneman saying that if your income in US is over $75 000 more money doesn't increase your happiness. He also says work as much as you can like 18 hours a day or something and then he sells programs that can make you $100 000 a month. So if you fulfill money's role in creating happiness in one months why would you work remaining 11 months? In that case work doesn't contribute to your hapiness.

2) He often talks about how investing in cars is not good since those are the goods that rust, rot and depreciate and then he flaunts cars all over his videos. Because people are materialistic and equate cars with sucess and happiness.

3) He often says that you should build your skills for a long time and work on them constantly, Mastery concept, including  to become rich and all and then he offers you get rich quick shortcuts.

He has that typical American thing, Mother Theresa good, read what she did so you become good too and improve the quality of your life. Also he is against meditation since Confucius "meditated" a whole day and said after that something like Answers are not within us, they are outside, in books (I am paraphrasying).

Bottom line, I will always be grateful for start he gave me :)

@Morten 1. Well, it says that money doesn't make you any happier if you earn over 75k a year.  But if you can earn 200k a year and do what you love, which person would be happier? Money is kinda the fuel to do whatever it is you want to do. The thing that brings happiness in the latter case is doing what you love, the money itself does not bring that happiness, he talked about that yesterday on his Snapchat.

2. Well, he's not investing in those cars, he's using them for enjoyment, just as some people watches TV for enjoyment. So that's the difference there.

Overall I would say Tai is one of the best "motivators" for starting self-development (reading books and improving yourself) but I don't know about the "Get Rich" things. Sure he might be renting that house/cars or whatever, but he has the money to rent a big damn house in Hollywood Hills as well as renting some damn expensive cars for a long while. Doesn't really matter whether or not he rents them as he has enough money to rent them I mean, and who knows maybe he gets some good deals (aka it being cheaper than buying) and that's why he's renting them.

I haven't looked at any of his videos, but I did watch one of his hour-long ads lol. well, about 20 minutes of it. from my impression of the ads I've seen of his, I think that he seems to be coming from real growth - that he, like leo, is a person who has made a lot of work to reach their success the genuine way. and so I anticipate that his 67 steps might be worth checking out if you find his pitch and approach to be catching. 

Tai definitely has a lot of "useless" words in his speaking - his style is kind of like, "wow look at me this worked for me" right? or something, I don't remember very well, I just remember that it makes me feel like "wow am I gonna get any real content from this"

but really - and this is no insult towards Leo (or towards Tai) the thing is - leo's videos have a lot of superfluous content too. it's just - delivering this kind of higher-level info, really quickly? harms the impact of the message. that any good teacher will spend time on light-content stuff - with Leo it is how he uses several examples, which could be complete misses on the viewer's own life - and for Tai, it's a different approach. I would anticipate, if Tai is interesting speaker to listen to for you, it might be worth it. though I got to admit - Leo's youtube channel being free to watch is the real sell for me :P

Edited by aryberry

Haha can you imagine if Leo made a video talking about enlightenment with a bunch of smokin hot Instagram models in the background? Tai strikes me as a phony. There's much higher-quality practical business advice out there if you do some research.