RareGodzilla

How to lead a text based conversation?

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys, since we are in quarantine right and are required to stay home, I find myself texting with girls quite a lot. I would be very grateful if any of you could share any insights on how to lead a text based conversation. I often find myself not having anything to text back or I want to make conversation more profound but don't really know how to. 

Thanks and stay safe. 

Transitioning into a phone call or video call would be ideal after building enough rapport and comfort. Crack jokes, tell stories, make observations, roleplay fun scenarios. Keep it light, playful and fun for the most part. Get out of the logical state of mind and let loose. Make her feel

Edited by Austin Actualizing

Ask questions to show your care/concern for them or say interesting things about yourself or your experience right now. Maybe invite them to play some sort of game with you. Keep it really lighthearted/humorous when you can.

Now is an easy time to talk and connect with people in terms of conversation topics since we are all going through this lockdown together. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

If you do feel like you don’t have anything to text, perhaps you shouldn’t text. Texting for the sake of texting only has limited uses and is widely misused.

@Spiral You might have a point there. My biggest motivation is to get better at it. I feel like my conversation skills are weak and need improving. 

Texting for the sake of texting is defenitly a trap here. But I suppose that I just need to tank it if I want to improve. 

9 minutes ago, RareGodzilla said:

Texting for the sake of texting is defenitly a trap here. But I suppose that I just need to tank it if I want to improve. 

i think by doing so you will improve in the wrong direction 

you need to ask yourself what do you want from the girl and lead there

i dont think your real desire is to improve texting skills, too mind oriented

it could be intimacy, sexual stuff (nudes, phone sex... [though be sure the girl is open to that before going there]), exploring what girls are like, politics, philosophy (if they're into that), just like a real conversation but without the touch/smell/see elements which make it feel simply less real

Edited by Viking

Girls like to text in a way that makes it seem as if you are chasing her.

Switch it around. Challange them and dont give them whatever they want.

When you do this they will start asking all the questions.

Boom, works like magic.

Girls don't like being challenged all the time. They can get irritated very easily if you keep trying to get a reaction out of them. 

This only works if the guy has great sexual energy and charisma. 

Best strategy is to be her best friend. Talk nice. Be nice.. Be funny. Show a little bit of neediness. Too much neediness can repel her away.

With neediness you need a balance. It's like a  push pull thing. Girls don't want to feel that the guy is too desperate because it can make her feel uncomfortable or watched. Too little neediness can make her feel like the guy just doesn't care or make him look arrogant or dud. So keep a nice playful balance. 

Plain text is boring. Add voice messages and video calls. 

Be chatty. Girls like chatty guys. Silent type guys just don't stand a change because the girl always needs some fodder for chat or conversation. Give her that fodder. Invent topics. Don't expect her to invent a topic. Because she is expecting you to do it. 

With my second ex, there was always a texting problem. I always wanted to be chatty with him but he had nothing to rely or talk about. He just wouldn't ever start a conversation and wait for me and when I would start, he wouldn't have anything to reply. So it soon got very boring. 

To get along with girls  aka the Ladies man, you gotta understand how the female brain loves and what her heart desires.. And most girls like girly stuff. It's doesn't mean you have to discuss that stuff with them. But understand that she is girly. She won't communicate the way a guy does. She will like it peppy,chatty, light, funny and hearty. So you will need to expect her to be a way a girl is and not criticize her for that.. 

Praise always works.. Women like being praised. Because it makes them feel important or wanted by the guy. Give her that room. 

Respect boundaries of the girl.. You can't win her heart by breaking her boundaries. That's a huge mistake. If she says she is tired or not wanting to talk or does not like a particular topic, forcing her and breaking her boundary will be disrespectful. She won't appreciate it at all. A woman immediately takes that as a sign of "inconsiderate guy"... So don't do that. If she says she doesn't like a particular word or topic, drop it.. In short pay attention to her needs and boundaries and show her you care.

With winning girls a lot is around creating trust. Women like that word. They have been conditioned since centuries to look for men who provide comfort, security and trust. No woman likes a man who makes her feel insecure and acts untrustworthy. In fact they pull away immediately at even slightest signs of mistrust. With the internet there are many bad type guys so it's tough for women to place trust online so you need to go the extra mile in building trust. 

Give her attention when she needs. A woman has the "counting brain".. She is subconsciously counting every step, facial expression, even emojis and little things you say or do.. This is female nature. Men don't take things very seriously. But women can take a little thing and make a big deal. So your every word counts in her brain. She might not show you her reaction at first but she will think about it later.. 

Once you decode female nature it's very easy to get chatty with them. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.