Raptorsin7

Looking for a job

39 posts in this topic

So I recently dropped out of law school, and my family is freaking out and they are forcing me to find a job.

I have little to no experience in the real world of looking for jobs and trying to find work i'd enjoy.

Any advice would be appreciated. 

If you want additional info feel free to ask.

@zeroISinfinity  Because I don't want to be a lawyer, and i'm starting a website to bring consciousness to the video game community.

I had been thinking about it for a while now but I was scared to make the move because my family is very disappointed in me. I know it's inauthentic to stay when I know I don't want to be there, and i'm trying to bring my life into alignment.

I can't be dishonest anymore, I pay to big of a price. I am trying to restructure my entire life since my awakening and school was a huge source of tension for me.

Like whenever I would do LSD trips the topic of school and why i'm still there would always come up. 

@zeroISinfinity  like maybe 2-3 practicing drills and playing games. The like maybe another 2 watching games on my tv.

I want to spend more, but I think I need to find some balance. My parents are worried because they want me to have balance so that's why they want me to get a job. But I know the more I practice the better I get so I want to spend as much time humanly possible to practice.

Glad that you were able to move on from that! That sounds like a big piece of growth for you to make that commitment. I am happy for you! You could consider to get a job in the industry that you want to have your business in. It could help you collect ideas and thoughts by just being there at any level. Keep in mind the job market would be a little more tough for awhile because of the Covid-19, so don't be hard on yourself if you don't come up with what you want fast. You could also consider something that just trains or hones a skill that you might want to use in you future adventure too. 

@Raptorsin7Also the balls on you man are massive and I am glad you followed your heart. You inspire me to do the same :) Super proud of you 

23 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

i'm starting a website to bring consciousness to the video game community

What do you mean by that? 

@Austin Actualizing I'm going to apply all the stuff I've learned on the path to enlightenment and teach gamers why it's better to play consciously.

Basically I'm going to hit max rank in league of legends because of god/love then write about it in a blog/website 

Maybe you could work on the foundations first before focusing on taking spiritual ideas into practice?

Create sustainability, independence, pursue knowledge that you think it's useful for your goals etc.. tldr go back to basics.

On 4/7/2020 at 10:00 PM, Raptorsin7 said:

@Austin Actualizing I'm going to apply all the stuff I've learned on the path to enlightenment and teach gamers why it's better to play consciously.

Basically I'm going to hit max rank in league of legends because of god/love then write about it in a blog/website 

That's really cool. Is that going to include how to practice healthy mindsets and teaching certain mentalities for improving/controlling emotion and rage?

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Roy Yup. I may also do a conscious toxicity section too haha. 

When it comes to writing content it's basically anything goes. But MINDSET will most likely be the most important thing i write about, at least at first. 

I wouldn't consider myself fully enlightened yet so i'm not going to write about straight up enlightenment yet, but eventually that will be the majority of my content.

@Raptorsin7 I think this is a brilliant thing to get into right now. Our lives are becoming more and more digital and the gaming industry/E-sports is only going to expand and include more people.

Being a pretty hardcore gamer the past 7 years, I've definitely noticed a lack of helpful content in this regard. Except for the occasional "don't be toxic" mantra that people repeat, and the anti-bullying fundraising that happens once in a while. Overall the community has pretty low self-awareness and when it is aware it's usually pretty warped. I think that's simply a consequence of the demographics and culture but there is no reason it can't be helped. It might be hard to get a receptive audience for this but I think if it's done with the right humor you can connect to them and make that "healthy" image come off as cool and relatable.

Just playing devils advocate here but do you think enlightenment even has a place with video games or vice versa? How do you see this taking shape? My intuition tells me to get enlightened you'd probably have to transcend something like video games but I haven't thought about it that much.

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

21 minutes ago, Roy said:

Just playing devils advocate here but do you think enlightenment even has a place with video games or vice versa? How do you see this taking shape? My intuition tells me to get enlightened you'd probably have to transcend something like video games but I haven't thought about it that much.

Enlightenment is the recognition of your true nature as infinte love, formless being etc. Everyone has different definitions, and so the end of seeking is likely to be different to different people. For me i would consider myself "done" when i can embody the bliss and energy i felt during my god realization on LSD.

Once you finish the seeking and find enlightenment, which i haven't done yet so i could be off here, you have nothing to do but to live your life. It goes full circle. Before enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment... (you get the deal). Once you the find the bliss and love and happiness intrinsic in your own being, you are free to do whatever you want. The world becomes heaven and you are free to live as you wish. 

I've always played video games so this website is really a forward thinking plan on my part, for how i want to spend my life after i'm done seeking. For everyone their path after seeking will be unique based on their life experience. I've always played games, sports, competed etc. 

There are no shoulds, musts, needs etc with a true awakened being. It's all about what YOU want to do. Because you're god baby and you're free. So do what you want. I want to write and play games, and make money doing it lol.

9 hours ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Enlightenment is the recognition of your true nature as infinte love, formless being etc. Everyone has different definitions, and so the end of seeking is likely to be different to different people. For me i would consider myself "done" when i can embody the bliss and energy i felt during my god realization on LSD.

Once you finish the seeking and find enlightenment, which i haven't done yet so i could be off here, you have nothing to do but to live your life. It goes full circle. Before enlightenment chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment... (you get the deal). Once you the find the bliss and love and happiness intrinsic in your own being, you are free to do whatever you want. The world becomes heaven and you are free to live as you wish. 

I've always played video games so this website is really a forward thinking plan on my part, for how i want to spend my life after i'm done seeking. For everyone their path after seeking will be unique based on their life experience. I've always played games, sports, competed etc. 

There are no shoulds, musts, needs etc with a true awakened being. It's all about what YOU want to do. Because you're god baby and you're free. So do what you want. I want to write and play games, and make money doing it lol.

How do you know what you want to do after "realizing that you're god, baby" before having the permanent realization? 

Sounds like you want to be a game coach or do online coaching. Look into some online education platforms like Skillshare. It might also be good to learn about how to teach and coach. 

On 07/04/2020 at 0:12 PM, Raptorsin7 said:

So I recently dropped out of law school, and my family is freaking out and they are forcing me to find a job.

I have little to no experience in the real world of looking for jobs and trying to find work i'd enjoy.

Any advice would be appreciated. 

If you want additional info feel free to ask.

awesome courage man! 

I dropped out of college too. Know how tough it can be and I went through that phasw too. Just wanted to say you'll get through it and good on you!

Usually, we get unbearably anxious by doing the things that we think we should do instead of following what we love to do. Good choice.

If you happen to search for a "regular" career or anything similar. Instead of only applying for a job and waiting for the call. Call the advertiser and ask about the job and have a short chat. Then remind the advertiser of your name and that you made the application. This will help you to stand out from the pile of applications and a better chance of an interview.

Also, don't be afraid to apply for a job that needs certain qualifications that you don't have. There is a certain chance the person they are searching for could be only found on the moon and they will settle for someone with less experience than they demand.

Go after that what makes you passionate, on fire and alive.

“ In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's mind there are few. ”
― Shunryu Suzuki