Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PlayTheGame

The answer to "Why is there something rather than nothing"

16 posts in this topic

There actually is Nothing rather than something. Nothing is all there is We just called it "Reality"

And because there is nothing to bound Nothing, because there isn't anything to begin with,

It's absolutely Infinite, and can literally be everything and anything with no limits, while still being nothing at all?

It can even be "something", if we define "something" as a "limited thing"

Because Infinity has no boundaries so it even contains limited things a.k.a. "something"

The answer to "Why is there something rather than nothing?" is: "There is something, rather, Nothing."

Reality is insane.

Nothing is Insane.

Man I feel like I'm having some insights today.

Edited by PlayTheGame

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."

-Nikola Tesla

There is no difference between something and nothing.

That difference is relative.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

There is no difference between something and nothing.

That difference is relative.

Thats what I meant with, "there is something, rather, Nothing.". There is no difference between something and Nothing but Nothing is a 'purer' word for our human perspective.

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."

-Nikola Tesla

@Leo Gura Still it doesn't explain why this "polarization force" exists or can exist. How this willpower make choices between all its possible states, although that could be inherent to being infinite. If it chooses to exist or if it's accidental. Or why there is so few people interested into discussing this issue while it's literally the most frightening aspect of existence. 

If duality itself is the reason we can't get adequate answers, we can still speculate. It's more likely that we cannot not be. Else we would not have created realities over and over again, assuming there is any basis on that statement. 

Edited by gswva

why is it frightening? its maybe frightening if you have not yet let go of good vs bad self construction! why is there rather this than something or nothing else? why not differently? why can’t there be nothing rather than something? why not try not falling into this nothing as nothingness distortion trap. people try to teach a lot of shit getting the implications of nothing wrong - ask yourself why there can even be a difference between nothing and nothing? how can nothing be relative and if so how can this also not be a relativity to something but rather one to nothing? how can it be that nothing is more relative to nothing than it is to something but yet includes something into nothing?

Edited by remember

There are things when I am someone, there is nothing when I am no-one. My mind fluctuates, I create both something and nothing. In an absolute sense there is neither something nor nothing. 

@remember It's frightening because what if we are dissatisfied with the answer? Or what if a non-dual state doesn't even allow the question to be raised in the first place? You would be stuck for eternity as yourself, not even able to pinpoint why you are, possibly not even the concept of "why".

3 hours ago, remember said:

how can it be that nothing is more relative to nothing than it is to something but yet includes something into nothing?

One of my hope is that this power of Love could simply cease to be at will, which would explain why we would never give it up. I don't want to set up myself to disappointment though.

@Meta-Man This has to be the real answer, I'm just a coward. Running away is the only thing my ego can do. I'm scared at a level I didn't even think was possible, far beyond the worse DMT trip I've ever had except my awareness is low and I'm pretty much not feeling anything. Maybe worrying about it was my biggest initial mistake, or maybe it's fate and built-in duality.

I think it's too early for me to experience enlightenment. There is so much things we can do without the need of knowing the Truth, it's fine.

Edited by gswva

3 hours ago, gswva said:

@Leo Gura Still it doesn't explain why this "polarization force" exists or can exist. How this willpower make choices between all its possible states, although that could be inherent to being infinite.

Love, Will, Omniscience, Omnipotence, Intelligence, Benevolence, Creativity, etc. are all inherent to Infinity/Consciousness.

The highest Will simply chooses the highest Love, which then necessitates the entire Universe exactly as it is. Because God IS Will, God IS Love. It doesn't "do" Love, it IS Love and all of its free Will goes into being Love. You can say God chooses to be Love, or you can say God has no choice but to be Love because God IS Love. Both are the same.

There isn't a "how". God is Love. No "how" necessary. It is direct. Or, you could say it does so via Infinite Consciousness/Intelligence/Will.

If you were infinitely conscious/intelligent, you would have no other wish but to express Love. So then your Will and your Love would be the same thing.

If it choses to exist or if it's accidental.

God/Infinity is a tautology/necessity. God cannot be anything other than God. Reality cannot be anything but Love.

There's nothing accidental about it. It is designed to maximize Love.

Or why there is so little people interested into discussing this issue while it's literally the most frightening aspect of existence. 

Because very few people understand or have direct consciousness of the deepest nature of God.

If duality itself is the reason we can't get adequate answers, we can still speculate. It's more likely that we cannot not be. Else we would not have created realities over and over again, assuming there is any basis on that statement. 

You don't need to speculate. Consciousness can have complete self-understanding.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, gswva said:

It's frightening because what if we are dissatisfied with the answer? Or what if a non-dual state doesn't even allow the question to be raise in the first place? You would be stuck for eternity as yourself, not even able to pinpoint why you are, possibly not even the concept of "why".

if you are dissatisfied with the answer then yes you are stuck an eternity finding what it then might be - if you find the answer there will not be dissatisfaction any more because answer and end of search or wanting to find an answer will simply solve themselves in themselves through themselves, and the question becomes a different one. or maybe it will even become a no question answer.

the nature underlying a question is implying a problem while not all questions are a problem but still a question wants to be solved.

Edited by remember

So God is love, infinity and timeless eternity. Such strong Love that it cannot not be. What it is, paradoxically explaining why it is? Feels a bit lonely to be afraid of it, but this is somewhat expected when posting on a spiritual community without going through enlightenment. Yet I'm asking questions despite knowing the fact I am the only one avoiding the answers.

21 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You don't need to speculate. Consciousness can have complete self-understanding.

Could we presume a case where the whole is greater than the sum, at the point awareness rises to infinity?

20 hours ago, remember said:

if you are dissatisfied with the answer then yes you are stuck an eternity finding what it then might be - if you find the answer there will not be dissatisfaction any more because answer and end of search or wanting to find an answer will simply solve themselves in themselves through themselves

That's not wrong. I'm empty and full of fear, but actually just torturing myself. Giving in could be the most appropriate way of living a fulfilling life, if it even matters. I will look for more understandings in order to reach confidence. 

20 hours ago, remember said:

the nature underlying a question is implying a problem while not all questions are a problem but still a question wants to be solved.

This is exactly what scares me the most now you mention it. The set of all problems being bigger than the set of all solutions. This is kind of a deep existential mind-break that should petrify anyone becoming aware of it, and yet it doesn't. Although the paradoxical nature of nothingness means they should both include themselves and/or be equal? And how could there be any problems if all there is, is Love?

Thanks everyone for everything, I guess.

Edited by gswva

@gswva the answer is always also what you make of it - maybe there are only answers? :)

maybe the set of all answers is smaller because problems are mostly in a sense blown up into clouds which seem bigger or more different from each other than they really are. i also wanted to add to that statement from before: a question wants to be solved and a problem wants to be answered – in my perception that oftentimes would be a better paring. one of the fundamentals of all paradoxes is that we confuse these two.

Edited by remember

@remember I was actually thinking about the set of all problems/solutions instead of answers. -_-

It's obviously very vague though, we make our own problems as well, and since logic is part of duality it might not even make sense to use it on reasonings, no matter how trivial.

1 hour ago, remember said:

maybe the set of all answers is smaller because problems are mostly in a sense blown up into clouds which seem bigger or more different from each other than they really are.

Yeah, we assert that each problem should have at most one nonshared solution. Interestingly when problems don't have solutions, there is no way to know if they are the same or not. What's worse is that we are speculating about problems outside duality here, if that even amounts to any infinitesimal bit of accuracy. But what matters is the simple fact that any problem without solution would be inherent to yourself. You can't escape yourself.

The notion that we can't escape eternity, because we are exactly that, is infinitely more terrifying than all nightmares. It's beyond torture or any scale of suffering, yet painless. What the hell?!

Edited by gswva

6 hours ago, gswva said:

@remember I was actually thinking about the set of all problems/solutions instead of answers. -_-

mh but a problematic solution is not a solution - that’s why i said its better not to solve a problem with a solution. in many cases a solution is not a sufficient answer yet. 

any general assumption must be vague to be an answer to as much konstellations as possible.

again - also any problem with an answer would be inherent to yourself - its the hell you are creating if there is one. 

@remember You're right, some answers don't yield solutions or the other way around.

I feel like I'm beginning to understand. Being pure Love, it cannot "see itself as a problem", because we are exactly the opposite of that. Funny how that works. Putting efforts toward creating our own hell has to be impossible. Still it doesn't explain why my ego, which is it within itself, is able to see this idea as problematic, or let alone being able to give it a form.

And yet we haven't scratched the surface of the initial thread subject which is "How can Love be, out of non existence?", of which the answer might be or not be part of the Truth. There could be a deeply linked relationship between the exact state of asking the question and not having the answer.

There is an imaginary something for the same reason that: 

an artist makes art

a musician plays a song

a poet writes

a gamer plays 

an actor acts 

a doer does 

a thinker thinks 

a creator imagines 

21 hours ago, gswva said:

This is exactly what scares me the most now you mention it. The set of all problems being bigger than the set of all solutions. This is kind of a deep existential mind-break that should petrify anyone becoming aware of it, and yet it doesn't. Although the paradoxical nature of nothingness means they should both include themselves and/or be equal? And how could there be any problems if all there is, is Love?

I think you're experiencing this because you're pondering the absolute and endowing it with objects like problems and solutions. Whether the set of problems is greater than the set of solutions or vice versa, this set must exist in a universal set which contains them both. This is what is meant by non-duality. This also what is meant by the absolute self or God. 

Now, if there's only one universal entity then everything that happens is the activity of that one entity. It doesn't go anywhere or encounter anything other than itself so it plays with itself (lol). This is what is meant by Love.

You can become directly aware of these concepts through transcendent experiences and realise that they are also the same thing.

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.