Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ketrumi

Can you balance career with spirituality? (+ some numerology)

5 posts in this topic

One of the things that gave me the biggest joy in life is pursuing spirituality, empathy and selflesness.
But at the same the I have been drawing, painting, making music, being creative and doing art my whole life
and art is something deeply meaningful to me. 
I still draw, animate, do graphic design and experiment with music to this very day, but whenever I am feeling about creating a career from it,
I feel like I will contribute to devilry, because I am creating an ego (career) that I want to maintain and therefore I must be consistent with my work.

Besides that I stumbled around this numerological study, that every human has their own "life path number",
that you find out when you combine all the numbers in your birth date and count them together to one digit.
I got number 9 and read more about it. Since its the last number it represents ending and apparently often very conscious invdiduals, that absorbed characteristic of all other numbers, therefore people with 9 are also called Humanitarians, they have a deep urge to help and spread consciousness. 
I do agree with this and this is fine, but something that scared me is that 9s tend surrender all material wealth and lifestyle for selfless serving. 

This one information made me really emotional, because right now (I am 20) I LOVE making art and I am thinking about balancing artistic career with being empathic and helpful. So the idea, that 9s tend to complete surrender materialistic life is something, that I feel I disagree to accept,
since I want some materialistic wealth as well...
I remember Leo once said that "if you are pursuing this spiritual path properly, you will become selfless all loving null object." (Atleast, that is how I remember it). This information about 9s living selflessly had the same energy and vibe for me as this "null object" information, that Leo said.

I would also like to mention, that I love being physically fit, healthy and have a high libido, so I can enjoy sex with my girlfriend more. But again, that is nothing more than just an external pleasure, which can be the opposition of living consciously and selflessly. This dose of testosterone is driving me to create even more art and sometimes scary looking art. (So I do not exercise just for sex, but also for creative power)

And so here are my questions:
1. - Do you think I can still pursue artistic career and live spiritually at the same time? 
2. - Are these numerological studies trustworthy?
3. - Is enjoyment of sex and sometimes other external pleasures preventing me from discovering deeper consciousness and truth? 
4.- Is there something I am completely misunderstanding?

My final thought: One of my main values in life are 1. Understanding, 2. Art and creativity, 3. Being healthy.
If I am willing to become understanding and all loving, I shouldn't discard all of the materialistic wealth and external pleasure,
but rather include some of it in my life as well, or am I wrong?

Sorry if I have misunderstood the "null object" quote Leo said.

Finally thank you for reading and upcoming answers.

2 hours ago, Ketrumi said:

1. - Do you think I can still pursue artistic career and live spiritually at the same time? 

Yes!

They can be entertaining, and they can keep you dialed into and aware of the delightful synchronicities of living. 

3. - Is enjoyment of sex and sometimes other external pleasures preventing me from discovering deeper consciousness and truth? 

No. The potential issues would be more like addiction, excessive attachment, or using sex to avoid responsibilities, or more relative to your post, avoiding your path / self discovering.

Notice how it feels, when you think about these things. That’s the key. If you’re judging yourself, it doesn’t feel good. 

If I am willing to become understanding and all loving, I shouldn't discard all of the materialistic wealth and external pleasure,

Enjoy all that life has to offer - again, notice how thoughts feel. Attachment transpires mentally. Desire, wanting, preference, creating, are typically no problem. The belief you need something to be happy, happier, or to be a better person, that is a form of suffering. Live! Have fun! That’s why ‘you came here’! ♥️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

Enjoy all that life has to offer - again, notice how thoughts feel. Attachment transpires mentally. Desire, wanting, preference, creating, are typically no problem. The belief you need something to be happy, happier, or to be a better person, that is a form of suffering. Live! Have fun! That’s why ‘you came here’! ♥️

I learnt that happiness doesn't come from external pleasure and escapist, but rather from just being!
And from my experience I enjoy those things twice as much, when I am completely present while doing those activities.

After reading your answer, I feel like I am overthinking it a bit.
I felt like "well I either get enlightened OR pursue career" and now it seems like maybe there can be balance. 

Thank you Nahm, you answer calmed me down a bit, :) but I will wait for others as well.

16 hours ago, Ketrumi said:

Absolutely, I think you should work on building a routine that sets up time for both and some time with the girlfriend. 

I mean it is as true as you want to make it. Create the life style that you want to live! 

In my experience I have found some benefits from abstaining from some of lifes pleasures. But I think there is also some benefits of enjoying them too. I have not seeked truth as deeply as some here, so I cannot fully say yes or no, but I think each path is unique and I think you can craft it anyway you like and get the results you seek if you are determined enough. 

You don't have to not make any money to be an artist. Find ways to transform your art and make it profitable. There are people that charge hundreds of thousands of dollars to design logos and such. I am not saying you have to do that, but there is a lot of ways you could offer art in freelance while working towards what you think expresses your artistic abilities fully and find ways to make it profitable. I would say that the main thing is to stick with it and get really good. No artist was just born good that I know of. I took a lot of years and patience. 

You will want to decide on your own the level that makes you the most happy. Although, I think just the pursuit of material items can consume much of so many lives before they realize there can be a bit more. I also think there are a lot of things that one can enjoy with the right amount of them. It is not an all or nothing, but just be aware of the fact it is a lot easier for most to seek all.