Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlphaAbundance

Can there be thoughts without ego?

13 posts in this topic

Can there be the reading of this text right here without the it being connected to ego? Can contemplation, intellectual activity, thinking, thoughts be there without the ego? Without identification, attachment and without the idea or sense of it being done by someone? I can imagine visual thoughts being absent of ego but auditory/word based thoughts seem to be impossible without ego? How would the thought even be there without ego or from an impersonal perspective? Also let me know if this question doesn't even make sense, is voided, is invalid, based on false assumptions, etc.

Yes

Ego death doesn't mean thoughts stop

They just go from being "my thoughts" to just "thoughts"

The ego is the identification with the i-thought

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

18 minutes ago, AlphaAbundance said:

Can there be the reading of this text right here without the it being connected to ego? Can contemplation, intellectual activity, thinking, thoughts be there without the ego?

Yes

19 minutes ago, AlphaAbundance said:

Without identification, attachment and without the idea or sense of it being done by someone?

The sense of doership will be there but the idea won't. 

25 minutes ago, AlphaAbundance said:

I can imagine visual thoughts being absent of ego but auditory/word based thoughts seem to be impossible without ego?

Thoughts are still present without ego, including visual and auditory thoughts.

28 minutes ago, AlphaAbundance said:

How would the thought even be there without ego or from an impersonal perspective?

Consciousness is intelligent, that quite literally means it has a mind of its own. There was never a personal perspective to begin with, that is imagined.

Nope, it's impossible!

if there's no EGO, it means there's no "experiencer" and the "experienced thing"

if there's an experiencer, it means that first off, it should split itself off of the rest/ the one/unity and then experience it.

if you had no EGO, first, you'd have no sense of self.  second, there'd be no any text, visual imagery, etc.. at all.

but if you want a practical guide, yes, it's possible by strengthening the power of concentration, in laser-like focus activities, even though the EGO is still on-board but it has less intervention in the process.

lesser EGO activation > more Concentration

that's why it's grueling and thorny to have an undivided attention when you're feeling sad, anxious and... 

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

1 hour ago, hamedsf said:

Nope, it's impossible!

if there's no EGO, it means there's no "experiencer" and the "experienced thing"

if you had no EGO, first, you'd have no sense of self.  second, there'd be no any text, visual imagery, etc.. at all.

The ego is not your sense of self!!

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, AlphaAbundance said:

Also let me know if this question doesn't even make sense, is voided, is invalid, based on false assumptions, etc.

If you’re inquiry is ‘at the level of psychology’ it makes sense, and yes thoughts arise after it is realized there’s no ”ego” / “individual” to be found amongst the rest of the psychology / thoughts. At the meta ‘level’, no, it no longer makes sense when it is realized there’s no body, or brain, physicality or psychology transpiring, and thoughts no longer arise. Not in the conceptual sense “it never happened”, or “the separation never occurred”, but more specifically in the sense there is no such thing as a universe. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

14 hours ago, Nahm said:

If you’re inquiry is ‘at the level of psychology’ it makes sense, and yes thoughts arise after it is realized there’s no ”ego” / “individual” to be found amongst the rest of the psychology / thoughts. At the meta ‘level’, no, it no longer makes sense when it is realized there’s no body, or brain, physicality or psychology transpiring, and thoughts no longer arise. Not in the conceptual sense “it never happened”, or “the separation never occurred”, but more specifically in the sense there is no such thing as a universe. 

Oh hell yeah baby. How much I love you lavander man Truth bringer. 

But still may I hate Rumi dude. I mean why not. 

There  isn't such a MasterMind 10/10. 

My human pretending efforts 5.7/10. 

????????????

Don't laugh, help. 

????????????

It is just way way way to funny. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

May I just say Alice in wonderland. 

Depicts Enlightenment quite well. 

16 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

The ego is not your sense of self!!

@VeganAwake the lower self, dude! :P

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@Nahm Just my way of pointing out that MYSELF is not physical reality in ordinary human sense. 

It is something epic. 

Completelly oposite of what human mind beleives it is. 

Hehe. 

That type of pretending stopped. ?

Not something easy to do and it is hard to accept but you know Strong as God (really man, hell yeah) 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@zeroISinfinity Rock that imagination like you did the Big Bang, you’ll be right as rain. No use pretending we’re not pretending we’re pretending we’re pretending you know. Also, I think we should both be a bit more mindful of our thread hi-jackings. ?

@AlphaAbundance  

“How would the thought even be there without ego or from an impersonal perspective?”

If the thought itself, the ‘matter’ or substance of it, had nothing whatsoever to do with a personal perspective. In the sense, just consider, it never did. Another extreme sounding, but more precise way to say that...what it thought was always for togetherness...but gets hijacked in the spirit of individuality...intrinsically, damn near automatically?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE