Dand

What is ego death?

126 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Not really as I explained before I'm not seeking validation or authenticity of my experience or knowledge shared at all... it's either resonated with or not... does not matter whatsoever in any way..

Why does Any teacher on the entire planet share their teachings... are they all seeking validity?

There are no real positives or negatives... just individual perceptions due to conditioning.

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge."--- Daniel J. Boorstin

5 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Why does Any teacher on the entire planet share their teachings... are they all seeking the validity?

No, not the competent ones that have truly done the work.

5 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

No, not the competent ones that have truly done the work.

Trust me I get it you don't know me and that's fine...

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge."--- Daniel J. Boorstin

Good conversation.

If you didn’t have an Ego, you would not be having this conversation, or any conversation in this physical reality.  It has taken me over 20 years of contemplation, discussions with psychologists, spiritually gurus, shamans, and my own exploration with DMT to sort of make sense of what the Ego is. Not saying I have completely nailed it down, but then again, I don’t think anyone can Truthfully say they understand it unless they have obtained full God Consciousness.

Having said that, I think most of the confusion with Ego comes from unconscious beliefs we as a collective society have generally agreed upon from a mixture of theories proposed by Religion, Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, and several schools of thought from variant psychologists and systems.

Ego for me means the “Physical Mind Consciousness,” which creates my physical reality.  It allows my higher self of thoughts, ideas and imagination to be compartmentalize, filter, and focused down to a narrow pocket of consciousness so that I can function in the physical world.  If you didn’t have this Physical Mind Consciousness (Ego), you would not be able to make sense of anything using your human senses.  You would basically be in a dream state with infinite knowledge, thoughts, ideas, etc., swirling from all directions with no tangible patterns to keep you grounded in physical reality, time and space would be meaningless.

Physical mind consciousness (Ego) is the gateway, or gatekeeper, that filters and narrows our thoughts, ideas, imaginations, beliefs etc., into tangible pockets of knowledge, time, space and information, which solidifies formlessness into form.  It allows us to label, reason and determine our visual, audio, taste, smell, touch, thoughts, feelings, emotions, ideas, beliefs into a conscious limited physical experience.  

Behind the scenes, it regulates your heart beat, lungs, muscles, organs, cells, atoms and molecules to maintain your physical form in this reality.  It maintains all your survival needs, health and safety from life dangers and threats you are not consciously aware of or constantly focused on etc.  

The Ego is not good or bad, it is the physical mind conscious hard drive that allows thoughts, ideas, imagination, beliefs, feelings, emotions all your senses to create this physical reality.  The thoughts, ideas, imagination and beliefs you feed into the Physical mind consciousness determines what kind of reality you want to be apart of, and create.  You get to choose, in a limited capacity, how you want to experience this reality within the rules of time, space, gravity, the culture, society, country, time period on Earth, parents etc., that you choose before accepting the physical roller coaster ride of life!

So, the original question was, “What is ego death”?  Based on my definition above, it would mean you are no longer a participant in this physical reality.  What it means from a spiritual perspective from my experience, it means you have awoken from the hypnotic unconscious state of the collective, and now create your own physical reality with both eyes wide open! (metaphorically speaking)

A Student sharing thought, ideas, and beliefs!   Stay safer everyone!

7 hours ago, DLH said:

Good conversation.

If you didn’t have an Ego, you would not be having this conversation, or any conversation in this physical reality.  It has taken me over 20 years of contemplation, discussions with psychologists, spiritually gurus, shamans, and my own exploration with DMT to sort of make sense of what the Ego is. Not saying I have completely nailed it down, but then again, I don’t think anyone can Truthfully say they understand it unless they have obtained full God Consciousness.

Having said that, I think most of the confusion with Ego comes from unconscious beliefs we as a collective society have generally agreed upon from a mixture of theories proposed by Religion, Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung, and several schools of thought from variant psychologists and systems.

Ego for me means the “Physical Mind Consciousness,” which creates my physical reality.  It allows my higher self of thoughts, ideas and imagination to be compartmentalize, filter, and focused down to a narrow pocket of consciousness so that I can function in the physical world.  If you didn’t have this Physical Mind Consciousness (Ego), you would not be able to make sense of anything using your human senses.  You would basically be in a dream state with infinite knowledge, thoughts, ideas, etc., swirling from all directions with no tangible patterns to keep you grounded in physical reality, time and space would be meaningless.

Physical mind consciousness (Ego) is the gateway, or gatekeeper, that filters and narrows our thoughts, ideas, imaginations, beliefs etc., into tangible pockets of knowledge, time, space and information, which solidifies formlessness into form.  It allows us to label, reason and determine our visual, audio, taste, smell, touch, thoughts, feelings, emotions, ideas, beliefs into a conscious limited physical experience.  

Behind the scenes, it regulates your heart beat, lungs, muscles, organs, cells, atoms and molecules to maintain your physical form in this reality.  It maintains all your survival needs, health and safety from life dangers and threats you are not consciously aware of or constantly focused on etc.  

The Ego is not good or bad, it is the physical mind conscious hard drive that allows thoughts, ideas, imagination, beliefs, feelings, emotions all your senses to create this physical reality.  The thoughts, ideas, imagination and beliefs you feed into the Physical mind consciousness determines what kind of reality you want to be apart of, and create.  You get to choose, in a limited capacity, how you want to experience this reality within the rules of time, space, gravity, the culture, society, country, time period on Earth, parents etc., that you choose before accepting the physical roller coaster ride of life!

So, the original question was, “What is ego death”?  Based on my definition above, it would mean you are no longer a participant in this physical reality.  What it means from a spiritual perspective from my experience, it means you have awoken from the hypnotic unconscious state of the collective, and now create your own physical reality with both eyes wide open! (metaphorically speaking)

A Student sharing thought, ideas, and beliefs!   Stay safer everyone!

BINGO.

With a lot less words - its you as the imaginary self.

"It's Just Consciousness.  It's just You.  It was always you!"

16 hours ago, Esoteric said:

@VeganAwake Isn't it taxing to constantly have to make these threads to seek validation and attention? Why is it so important to be viewed as a teacher and share your "teachings"? Do you understand that you are depleting yourself? I hope you start looking into purification work.

Wow! ..you get it then.You can dismantle yourself.I did it for years.Not any more.