Ya know

Is it possible to be a star athlete without being orange?

56 posts in this topic

"The cause of this serious misconception was the disappearance from the common presence of your favorites of the possibility of the crystallization in them of those factors which actualize 'logical mentation' in three-brained beings.
"And since they lack this 'logical mentation,' all of them, almost without exception, accept the statements of certain candidate hasnamusses affirming that they can obtain 'something' very beneficial for themselves through 'sport', and now believing these assertions with all their presence, and in the hope of obtaining this benefit, they give themselves up entirely to this sport.
"None of these unfortunates know, or probably will ever realize, not only that this maleficent 'sport' of theirs brings them nothing beneficial but that, as I have just told you, owing to this sport alone, they shorten still further the duration of their existence, already sufficiently trifling without this."

from 'Beelzebub's Tales to his Grandson' :) (Gurdjieff)

read that just yesterday, that's why I'm posting it.

on the other hand, look at that slow motion of the first goal. I get goosebumps looking at it. 'poetry in motion' as somebody said.

Edited by Petals

@Ya know  Of course it is man, but as others have mentioned sports (like most mainstream industries) tends to reflect the development of Society. 

I think I said this on another thread but I'm very excited to see the development of these industries that are typically 'Orange' and how they will develop into more of a means of expressing happiness and joy (and fun!) instead of being the 'win at all costs' orange mentality. It's kind of similar to businesses going from 'Q4 profits are all that matters' to lets provide products and services that are actually going to enhance people's lives. 

@Leo Gura I'm sure we've had this discussion before, however, your biased against sports is pretty clear and I get it if you didn't play sport much when you was young and are looking from the outside, it seems like a Stage Orange mess, which high level sports certainly is to some degree. For example, Football is dominated by money and billionaires own the best teams and spend the most money. However, Sports at their core are an incredible Art form that express Human potential in the body. 

In terms of 'Devoting your whole life to hitting or catching a ball' I expected a bit better from someone who sells a Life Purpose course lol, these people are following their purpose and showing incredible levels of dedication, mastery and love for their field of expertise. I'm not sure why Sports gets a bad rep in that sense, when you could just say to Musicians are you really going to spend your whole life banging a few sticks on a drum to make some noise that sounds good? Or to an Artist are you really going to spend your whole life drawing shapes that look good? All forms of Art can be expressions of happiness, love and understanding or can be used to further the Ego's desires and needs. 

Most athletes also don't 'Strut around like cocks' of course some do, tends to be the younger ones who have just come into wealth and develop an arrogance about them, the best humble themselves and don't bother with those shenanigans, just like the best Musicians eventually stop with the Rockstar lifestyle and focus solely on their music, it's sort of a phase some go through. 

As society becomes more conscious sports will follow, and the 'win at all costs' mentality will evolve. And, the tribalism will develop into more community based that helps the overall sport progress. Of course, currently, like many industries, it's very much plagued by Orange and ravage Capitalism, but I'm sure the break we are going through now will help it evolve further. 

Sports mean a LOT to many people and communities, and when people are solely playing for the fun, for the love and for the joy of playing the game that is when their best work is produced. Of course you still have to play to win, however, the purpose of playing isn't to win, it is to express the happiness and love for the game that you have, it's going to be beautiful when sports evolve to that. 

The funny thing is, most children start playing sports because they enjoy it and love it, it is when they get to the higher levels and the competitiveness of our Stage Orange society dominates that the problems occur. I heard stories about Nike athletic teams in America were essentially destroying their athletes bodies with overtraining and poor diets, which lead to worse times and many quitting as the thing they loved had become such a chore. I think this boils down to one of your favorite themes on life- Counter Intuitiveness. The more you focus on winning and having to win, the more anxious and tense you get, the worse results you get. The more freedom from outcome you have, the more free you are to perform at your best and counter intuitively you will get better results. As we develop to Green and Orange we will hear more and more clubs and teams focusing on the processes rather than the results, right now sports is SO dominated by money and results, it's crippling the industries, so I get your issue with it. I just think you've mixed in Stage Orange= Sports when in fact it's stage orange (and red before it etc) that has corrupted sport, as at it's essence Sport is a beautiful art form that can bring communities together and be an incredible way to express happiness. 

So, in terms of approaching Sport in a high conscious way, I think that would be the way to do it. Coaching with a focus on enjoyment and expression and processes over short sighted results and win at all costs. Although we're probably a long way from that yet. 

Also, in terms of expressing this understanding in Career, Rupert Spira has a great video on how you can express and share this understanding no matter your job. 

Oh, and his teacher Francis Lucille plays competitive Tennis and loves it, he often uses it as metaphors for Impersonal Desire, I'll link both videos. 

At the end of the day, do something you love, and naturally this understanding will pour out of you. 

(Maybe not Hot Dog eating as that will destroy your body! ;)

https://non-duality.rupertspira.com/watch/what-is-the-right-job-to-do

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@How to be wise  An Athlete could simply do that by doing what they love to do in playing sports, express this understanding when relating to people, the media, fans, peers etc, and of course playing the game in the fairest and freest way possible and simply expressing their understanding through their medium of Sport. An athlete's career rarely goes past 40 anyways, and I feel we desperately need awakened beings in these mainstream industries, as they will automatically have a HUGE audience!

Like I said, I'm looking forward to the day industries like Sports and Fitness are littered with high consciousness beings simply expressing this understanding through their sport, it's going to be amazing. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 Notice tho how you TOO ""could be"" biased on this matter, since you're a football fan. -_-

But you've made some good points. 

Edited by fridjonk

@fridjonk Oh yeah of course, I’m very biased, I was very much in denial about the financial corruption in football for a long time as my team (Liverpool) benefit as one of the 11 “super clubs.” 

However, anyone with a brain cell can see 11 clubs having all the financial and pulling power isn’t good for the overall sport, just like how the top 1% have more wealth tun the bottom 80% or something crazy like that, it simply mirrors society. 

I also went through a phase of thinking Sport couldn’t be “Spiritual” until I realised how BS that was and like anything, such as business, sport can simply be a beautiful expression of this understanding, and I very much look forward to the evolution, as much as it will hurt Liverpool ?

@Leo Gura Thinking out loud here so could be wrong but if I was to say one area of your teaching is lacking it seems to be the “body” side of things and embodiment of the Body and the “physical” into this understanding. Of course like anything else the body is simply sensations appearing in and made of Awareness, and is spaciousness. 

however, relatively speaking, I mean treating this vehicle with love, you talk about Diet a fair amount, however rarely seem to talk about exercise since you stopped the Gym, which I think is a shame. Exercise, Sport, Yoga etc can all be used as beautiful expressions of this and of course you know better than anyone how important a well functioning body and great health is, relatively speaking of course. 

I was just wondering if you plan to involve this more in your teachings, and who knows maybe it could be part of your healing journey beginning to introduce exercise and what not into your teachings and daily life. 

Maybe not embodying the Body and “physical” creates your bias against sports ;) 

1 minute ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

as much as it will hurt Liverpool ?

No worries, Klopp will keep your club wholesome, as he probably is the best football manager of all time. xD

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Ya know You could, but the question is, why would you want to?

In the end, out of all the potential things there are to do in this world, are you seriously going to devote your whole life to being good a throwing or hitting a ball?

Do you see how shallow that is in the grande scheme of things? Once you see that -- which takes some higher consciousness -- then you're not likely to get seduced by that illusion.

But, of course, you're free to do as you like. I'm just explaining why you're not going to find a lot of highly conscious people in sports. Sports is an industry designed for cavemen, not sages.

This is kinda unusual from you. You know it’s way more than just hitting a ball. We could say you devote your life to just flapping your lips and exerting sound from your mouth in front of a camera but obviously you know it’s way more than that. 

This could be said about anything. Violinists devote their lives to stroking a stick with hair against a piece of wood their whole lives. 

All we have is illusion so people invest into different activities according to their passions and interests. 

I had athlete friends who experienced mystical states on mushrooms and acid and they reported that the experiences motivated them to improve upon their athleticism even more. Although I totally see what you’re saying. Since a kid, I always found it very odd how millions of people invest so much meaning to a man in a colored jersey running across a field with a ball. 

@fridjonk He's leaving in a few years, unfortunately, and I'd actually say he's quite a Green guy really often says how he doesn't care much for money and simply is a football coach because he loves it etc, and when asked about Corona and stuff was saying why are football managers and celebrities asked this and not experts :D

@Free Mind Simply for the love of the game, like why someone would invest so much into drawing something on a bit of paper, for the love of it. Of course, this can get corrupted, unfortunately. 

I would say mystical states would push athletes to new levels and want to push themselves to reach their full potential and do their absolute best, and have as much fun while doing it!

@How to be wise Couldn't an athlete inspire people to get active, to push boundaries, to become greater than what they already are? Inspire them to action, extend the possibilities of what is considered achievable?

What about the story of that guy who ran a mile under 4 minutes? Before that, nobody considered it possible. What about the guy who changed high jump with his new technique ''fosbury flop''. Showing that creativity can transcend the norm.

@Leo Gura I find your comments to be rather reductive. It's easy to portray anything in a lesser form to diminish it's quality. Arguably I could claim your work is nothing more than posting videos on youtube.

Of course that negates everything that you do, how you inspire people to expand consciousness, revealing more about reality. But my statement isn't incorrect either.

Why does spirituality and this work have to be limited to a few domains? What is presented as an appropriate medium in your opinion to help others wake up?

Posting videos, using language, meditation, psychedelics, yoga.. beyond that nothing is useful? I understand some methods may be more effective than others, but as humans we are known to have different ways of learning, and one may resonate more with another. For instance - someone may find your 2 hour videos a chore to watch, but come to similar conclusions about the illusionary nature of reality through intense dedication to the sport.

I think if i said Ballet instead of basketball, these ideas would seem more palatable despite the fact they are true for both. It may seem like a stretch to say metaphysical understanding can be deduced from observing or participating in sport, but as we know sport is drowning in orange at the moment.

Who is to say in the future the entire paradigm cannot evolve, grow into something greater?

Genuine sporting analysis that goes beyond banal platitudes and a focus on points gained. A collective consciousness growing with the intention of expanding the human ability - millions of people working together using their right brains in a dedicated way of discovering something new every day, testing it and uncovering contexts where these new skills can be implemented. Loving the game, and each other. Acknowledging the uniqueness of humanity and our different anthropocentric features. All learning as one. 

Just as one can observe a toddler painting a drawing that seems nonsensical, you can write off the entire domain of art as trash. While completing neglecting the higher tiers of ability that are evident in beautiful creations, such as the Mona Lisa.

And to conclude, one of my favourite scenes from the animatrix. 

13 hours ago, Ya know said:

Can something truly be shallow leo?

Shooting a ball into a hole is about as shallow as life gets. But hey! Maybe I'm the crazy one.

If you can think of nothing better to do with life than shoot balls into holes, have at it. Whatever. You don't have to justify it to me.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 minutes ago, Ya know said:

Posting videos, using language, meditation, psychedelics, yoga.. beyond that nothing is useful?

I never said that. Useful is whatever fits your survival agenda, which could be anything.

In the end my opinion about any given activity is irrelevant. If you enjoy it and value in it, then do it.

@Leo Gura I meant ''useful'' in the context of awakening, expanding consciousness, self actualization 

@Ya know I can legit feel my ego getting very mad hahaha. Okay fair enough. I understand you have your own opinion and i'm trying desperately to qualify it for approval. I guess my main point is that I believe there are greater depths to this activity you aren't acknowledging but that's fine. Maybe I am wrong. 

10 minutes ago, Ya know said:

@Leo Gura I meant ''useful'' in the context of awakening, expanding consciousness, self actualization 

I wouldn't confuse that with sports.

7 minutes ago, Ya know said:

@Ya know I can legit feel my ego getting very mad hahaha. Okay fair enough. I understand you have your own opinion and i'm trying desperately to qualify it for approval. I guess my main point is that I believe there are greater depths to this activity you aren't acknowledging but that's fine. Maybe I am wrong. 

You can make an artform out of using toilet paper. The depth of any activity is as deep as you make it. You are creating the meaning behind it. So as long as you're able to trick yourself into thinking it's meaningful, it will appear meaningful to you.

@Leo Gura Okay I understand your point.

So, are you saying that the game is shallow while having the potential to be as deep as I make it? (Interesting paradox)

I'm confused about this hierarchy of usefulness, or deep activities that are as deep as anything else.

What makes these more worthwhile than the others? I'm assuming you aren't claiming that it's relative based on your answers.

It might be useful to consider prior attachment with the perspectives on this issue. If sports happened to be inclined (to be)/inherently "low consciousness" would someone who likes sports accept it? There may be unpleasant truths (or red pills) that would be best to be accepted. However sports could be just as effective an embodiment of consciousness as other endeavors. It does seem to be clear that the direct communication of truth to others would at least be more efficient/effective than other endeavors in inspiring consciousness (such as music, art, basketball, etc). However there would be trade offs there, it doesn't seem like everyone should be a guru. On second thought, how would any other endeavor (other than being a teacher, endeavors such as art or music) be any better at inspiring consciousness than basketball?

Edited by AlphaAbundance

@Leo Gura You are wrong. Beings much more concious than you have explained that as humans we need to be connected to states of awe as much as possible and that any means which arent destructive like sex and sports are good for connecting with the source. They explain that in these physically intense moments we completely lose ourselves and are overcome with joy and love. Many have experienced these states in sports, it is more than just attaching meaning to actions. Machine elves explained to me and many others that this is the entire purpose of our existence and we should be in these states as much as possible. 

but i guess you arent as open-minded as you say and have a stick up your ass about sports. Ironic, considering how you claim to be so concious, 

4 hours ago, Mongu9719 said:

@Leo Gura You are wrong. Beings much more concious than you have explained that as humans we need to be connected to states of awe as much as possible and that any means which arent destructive like sex and sports are good for connecting with the source. They explain that in these physically intense moments we completely lose ourselves and are overcome with joy and love. Many have experienced these states in sports, it is more than just attaching meaning to actions. Machine elves explained to me and many others that this is the entire purpose of our existence and we should be in these states as much as possible. 

but i guess you arent as open-minded as you say and have a stick up your ass about sports. Ironic, considering how you claim to be so concious, 

There are many ways to reach states of awe and physical intensity that don't require you to spend years of your life figuring out the best ways to throw balls in holes. There are a lot of great aspects to sport: teamwork, collaboration, mastery, etc. You can also conjure up those aspects in other ways.

If you relate to it, go for it. If you really believed in it, why feel the need to argue with a bald guru on his forum to defend it? 

Kyle Fall - Lifestyle Photographer

Follow me & Watch my Content on Instagram

<3

7 hours ago, Mongu9719 said:

Machine elves explained to me and many others that this is the entire purpose of our existence and we should be in these states as much as possible. 

Careful with that, you might be deceiving yourself.

Also, 434 is not fully awake.