neovox

help free Bufo alvarius

12 posts in this topic

So I made a mistake. I have two Colorado Toads (Bufo alvarius) that I would like to return to their natural habitat, and I'm looking for help in doing so. I ordered them online without thinking it through. At the time all I was thinking about was my desire for 5meo. I've been trying to source it for a long time, so when I received an email from an online reptile dealer that they were in stock, my thinking was "they will be gone in a moment, I better act quickly", so I jumped on it immediately. Now that I actually have them, I realize that I don't have it in me to milk them and keep them for my own selfish purposes. I acted without fully thinking, and I regret having them in captivity. If there is anyone that lives near the Sonoran desert area that would be willing to release them unharmed, back into their natural habitat, I would be most appreciative. I will of course, over night ship them to you, and trust in your good will.

4 minutes ago, 99alvarosanchez said:

I hope you can see how this this can end.

toad liberation..   

I'm aware of the possibility of someone as selfish and short sighted as myself taking the toads for themselves. I'm hoping a more conscious individual is out there and willing. 

Call your local animal protection services and inform them. 

They'll come to your place, confiscate the animal and release them back into the habitat. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

6 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Call your local animal protection services and inform them. 

They'll come to your place, confiscate the animal and release them back into the habitat. 

I wish it were that easy. In my state it doesn't work quite that way. Suffice it to say, they aren't being helpful. 

@neovox

Place an ad in your local Craigslist 

Why not ship it back to the seller who you got it from. Search their email. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Good on you for coming to this realization. I hope you I hope you can dissuade others from trying to acquire and milk the toads.

Amphibians have been decimated over the last few decades, mostly due to habitat loss and fungal infections. It damages the population to remove them from the wild, and it's stressful to the toads to be captive and milked.

I hope you can find some nice pure synthetic 5-MeO-DMT!

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

@neovox why can’t you travel there on your own? why do you need someone to free them for you if you could do that on your own? but all in all maybe you can find some animal rights organization who could help you!? what do you need to know to release them? one problem will be if they grew up in captivity they might have an orientation problem. i just know that some toads return to the place of their origin every year to leave their eggs - so before you release them it might be helpful to find out about how they behave in wilderness - maybe you find a toad shaman who does not hold them captive who might help you - someone like that might know most about their trails. maybe this is just the start of an adventure for you!

maybe you can write them? https://octaviorettig.com/

good luck! give the toads a kiss for me ;)

Edited by remember

Until them treat them nicely and sing them songs, maybe they will squirt some 5meo out for you :)

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

I tried to apologize to them and explain that I am them, and they are me, and how death is an illusion, but I got the sense that they just wanted out of the terrarium 

27 minutes ago, neovox said:

I tried to apologize to them and explain that I am them, and they are me, and how death is an illusion, but I got the sense that they just wanted out of the terrarium 

Maybe put your laptop in front of the terrarium and let them listen to some of leos newer videos?

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

I could tell that these advanced topics were totally new and foreign to them, so I thought I would make it look like I came up with non duality by myself. They were still unimpressed with my wisdom as well as their dwellings