isabel

what does this eckhart tolle quote mean?

24 posts in this topic

On 4/3/2020 at 0:45 AM, loub said:

....Somewhere maybe you have come to believe that you must be a good person, a selfless person, a pushover or whatever and this has become part of your identity. And now the thief displays all those things that you don't allow yourself to be, takes from others without consideration, puts his own needs first, does not care about the consequences of his actions for others, etc... and you react against that because you have those same tendencies suppressed within you. The solution here is not to become more like the thief but to question your inhibiting beliefs about your self and how you should be. Remember that your self-image need not be and probably is not rational or logical at all.

Self-image also is nothing imposed upon you, something external, but rather something you uphold moment by moment. You 'be' your self-image on a momentary basis and there is nothing stopping you from dropping false or ineffective beliefs once you have seen through them. These beliefs are entirely conceptual and not grounded in what is actually going on.

omg yep that's totally true as well - I make an effort to be or to have the image of a really good, nice, sweet, selfless person, I like it when I can be like that and I do believe that is how I should be

so I will keep questioning my beliefs and try and see what's really going on, thank you!

On 4/3/2020 at 1:04 AM, Derek White said:

Aren’t all your problems because you hate some things and love others?

well...yes, that is very strange but yeah

get rid of the notion of good and bad

I mean it makes perfect sense but I guess it will just take some time for this to sink in

I get it but I don't live by it - my body and my mind react, and also I don't always "get it" I forget lol

I will keep going, thank you!

I think it has to do with spiral dynamics and paradigms. If you have higher consciousness you don’t react to it but if you are on the same paradigm you get a paradigm lock. That is why religious people from different sects hate each other for example. 

In Tate we trust

I think it means that you hate that you would steal, because that thief is actually you. So you hate stealing but are a thief at the same time. Because this is contradictory, resistance is created. If you would accept the thief as you, you wouldn't hate him.

Just like a black hole is stealing light by sucking it in. Its just a movement of energy in the Self to manifest Infinite Diversity.

But when that energy is moved from the little ego that we are, we hate it, because we don't want energy to be moved from us (money is just formless energy, think about it. if you have a million dollars you can buy anything you want, it has no form yet. you can buy a house but also a car. the form isn't decided yet and thats what money is), because we want to survive as the forms that we are, and we need energy to do that.

Edited by PlayTheGame

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."

-Nikola Tesla