johncakecream

Presidential Work

19 posts in this topic

I ask you ,has Donald Trump ever had to work so hard as he has during this pandemic. I do hope he can sustain the effort till it's over, considering he never seems to get sick.

Donald Trump made a hard bed for himself. Had he listened to the experts initially we wouldnt be in the severe situation we're in. 

Sorry for the harsh original post. I've known some people in my personal life who've already passed away from this virus. His failure to handle the crisis early makes me very angry.

Edited by abundance

You're sure you aren't joking. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

So tell us @abundance, what would you have done?  Or anyone else, to prevent this.  Imagine Hillary as president, or any of the candidates who ran or is running for president.  how would they be handling this?  IMO it would be no better, maybe worse. 

1 hour ago, Bodigger said:

So tell us @abundance, what would you have done?  Or anyone else, to prevent this.  Imagine Hillary as president, or any of the candidates who ran or is running for president.  how would they be handling this?  IMO it would be no better, maybe worse. 

I think his response as of late has been ok.  However, in the first four to six weeks since the first case of Coronavirus -(January 20th), there was a huge lack of testing, which could have allowed to trace and isolate individuals who were infected.  In comparison, South Korea also had their first case on January 20th, and quickly hired 20 private companies to develop a test for Coronavirus, and they were able to trace the infected individuals and quarantine them, and their death rate is much lower (3 deaths per million in South Korea, compared to 10 deaths per million in the US, and likely exponentially higher that South Korea in the end).  To be fair, a few other countires like Iran and Italy also didn't have a great response to Coronavirus.  I would do research on your own to validate this.  

His downplay of the virus in the first 4-6 weeks also led to many people not taking it seriously, and further spreading of the disease.  Of course, you can't blame the virus on one person, and other factors are at play, such as the freedom the US has and the lack of respect that many Americans had for the virus.

Edited by SerpaeTetra

2 hours ago, Bodigger said:

I would have accepted the testing kits from WHO and started doing immediate testing. We lost valuable time by not doing initial testing.

I wouldn't have cut our Pandemic Response Force.

I would have listened to our intelligence agencies and followed the strategy to combat the spread of the virus

And most importantly I wouldn't have called it a "Democratic Hoax" and down played the severity of a virus. 

Whether you're a Trump supporter or not, he dropped the ball on this. A strong initial response may have been the difference between ten thousand deaths and a hundred thousand deaths. Its all to early to tell of course. However, his weak response should be an automatic disqualifier. 

I am no fan of Hilary but I think she would have handled the crisis totally differently. 

2 minutes ago, abundance said:

Whether you're a Trump supporter or not, he dropped the ball on this.

Come November, maybe he will pay for this? 

3 hours ago, abundance said:

I would have accepted the testing kits from WHO and started doing immediate testing. We lost valuable time by not doing initial testing.

And test who.….Everyone.  In my state only 7% of people tested have the virus.  93% tested do not have the virus but are sick nonetheless.

I wouldn't have cut our Pandemic Response Force.

Trump did not cut the program.  He got rid of the dead weight left over from the Obama administration.  He put competent people in like Anthony Fauci, increased spending and installed resources in more nations.

I would have listened to our intelligence agencies and followed the strategy to combat the spread of the virus

The same intelligence agency which has been spying on him for four years and working against him.

And most importantly I wouldn't have called it a "Democratic Hoax" and down played the severity of a virus. 

Trump did NOT call it a hoax.  He said the next hoax for the Dem's against him will most likely be this virus.

Unfortunately, whether you're a Trump supporter or not, the truth is not being told in the media, so we cannot depend on them.   We also need to search without having perceptions in the process.  We can search and find anything we believe suits our beliefs.

46 minutes ago, Bodigger said:

And test who.….Everyone.  In my state only 7% of people tested have the virus.  93% tested do not have the virus but are sick nonetheless.

I would have started testing people who came from epicenters of the virus to start. Also testing samples of the population would have beneficial in determining who had the virus and whether there was community spread.

Trump did not cut the program.  He got rid of the dead weight left over from the Obama administration.  He put competent people in like Anthony Fauci, increased spending and installed resources in more nations.

And look how well gutting the program has worked so far. I like Dr Fauci by the way.

The same intelligence agency which has been spying on him for four years and working against him.

That isn't a legitmate reason to ignore and not heed warnings of a potential pandemic. 

Trump did NOT call it a hoax.  He said the next hoax for the Dem's against him will most likely be this virus.

You are correct on this. However he did down play the threat virus nonethless and it certainly didn't help our situation. 

Unfortunately, whether you're a Trump supporter or not, the truth is not being told in the media, so we cannot depend on them.   We also need to search without having perceptions in the process.  We can search and find anything we believe suits our beliefs.

I don't disagree with you here. The bottom line is that his response to the virus has been pretty bad. I am no fan of Hilary or Obama but I feel their response would have been stronger.

Trump only decided to start responding when the pressure started mounting 

So he should  thank the fake news media for creating his so called hoax, at least for once they inspired him to take the right action. 

14 hours ago, Bodigger said:

Just let go of your attachment to Trump, you'll be so much happier.

12 hours ago, SerpaeTetra said:

LOL....I do have attachments, but not to Trump.  My attachment is to the people who are being treated unfairly and this has been a failure of mine since I was a child, in which, I have gone to jail on three occasions protecting people.  I see Trump as being treated unfairly in the media most times, in fact, I don't think it matters what he does, it would be wrong in the minds of most media, of which is not reporting, but punditry.  No mention of him in any thread here banning flights from China, yet the media, as well as the left and there leaders call him a racist for doing so. 

In 2009 Obama declared a national emergency for H1N1 after a thousand people had died and six months after the first death in the U.S. where twelve thousand people eventually died, yet he is declared the savior of the nation.  I don't care if people see it my way or not, I do pray that I see it differently, and I also pray that others see it differently.

Very wise of trump to predict death rate in Amerika. Very wise. Making people chill and not get to excited ?

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

23 hours ago, Bodigger said:

He put competent people in like Anthony Fauci

Bodigger, you are a just swallowing all the propaganda raw.  Fauci has served as the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) since 1984.  Please seek out a remedy.  The Trump is your poison. 

13 hours ago, Bodigger said:

LOL....I do have attachments, but not to Trump.  My attachment is to the people who are being treated unfairly and this has been a failure of mine since I was a child, in which, I have gone to jail on three occasions protecting people.  I see Trump as being treated unfairly in the media most times, in fact, I don't think it matters what he does, it would be wrong in the minds of most media, of which is not reporting, but punditry.  No mention of him in any thread here banning flights from China, yet the media, as well as the left and there leaders call him a racist for doing so. 

In 2009 Obama declared a national emergency for H1N1 after a thousand people had died and six months after the first death in the U.S. where twelve thousand people eventually died, yet he is declared the savior of the nation.  I don't care if people see it my way or not, I do pray that I see it differently, and I also pray that others see it differently.

Well that job is already being done by Trump supporting NPCs, of which you'll find many on youtube and twitter, strawmanning and hating progressives... why do you feel the need to defend Trump but not immigrants?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/01/coronavirus-trump-considering-halting-us-flights-between-hot-spots.html

We know Trump doesn't give a flying fuck about what's going on. My question is, why are we expecting better from him?! Lets just get ourselves a bag of popcorn and watch the shit-show unfold! Then, when the dust settles, lets peek outside from under our little shells and decide what to do about the mess.

Edited by Parththakkar12

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

For someone who never thought he would win the election, Trump has soldiered on. From a very shaky start, misstep after misstep, blunders and outright embarrassment(remember the toilet paper) he has soldiered on. Receiving slings and arrows from a press that is bias and corporate(greed) driven. though mostly  factual in chronicling his egregious behavior. If we get through the virus with acceptable mitigation under his leadership he could be reelected. I know this sends shudders through the actualized community,  but come on kids, if it becomes reality it must be accepted After all he is president of a predominantly spiral dynamic orange country,colors don't lie and explain all  his actions. If this ends well he will take credit in Trump fashion and you know what? that's OK. Trump is the "weathervane of  our times" to quote Frank Herbert's Dune (can't wait for the movie) LOVEYOUGUYS.

On 4/1/2020 at 0:39 AM, SerpaeTetra said:

I'm working at it, but Biden makes so difficult.  

9 hours ago, Bodigger said:

I'm working at it, but Biden makes so difficult.  

If you agree with Trumps policies over Biden/democrats, thats very understandable.  Biden doesn't seem like a great candidate either.  

The point is that you don't want to attach yourself to anything, or else your emotions/thoughts get more conflicted with each other.  For example, if you are a Lawyer, don't think of yourself as "Joe the Lawyer", think of yourself as "Joe who practices as a Lawyer sometimes".  Otherwise, everytime someone says Lawyers are scum, you will consciously or unconsciously think that person is calling you scum.  

Much like if you support Trumps policies, or like how he negotiates with other countries (he does have some good negotiating skills in some areas).  You are "Joe who likes some Trump policies", not "Joe the Trump supporter" (not saying you are, just giving an example).  It gives your mind much more flexibility and open mindedness.