liamnewsom202

yellow identifying egoic orange values

2 posts in this topic

as a aspiring yellow thinker (in terms of spiral dynamics) i find that my thoughts become more insights and come to me and i see them from a perspective from beyond just a self but how do you manage letting go of thoughts in general including these systems thinking higher kind of intuitional thoughts? it seems that yellow is constantly obsessed with new ideas in the sense that sometimes it forgets to actualize intuition into reality but is there a point where yellow forgets to step outside thought and will develop egoic manifestations that arnt properly dealt with based on yellows attitude towards constantly relying on thinking and viewing multiple angles. sometimes i find that the quality of my thoughts are self indulgent and can be orange in nature but where do you bridge the gap between yellows integration of oranges thinking and just orange thinking. i am still new to spiral dynamics and actual actualization practices but i feel that expressing my thoughts here could lead me to a deeper insight and more truth based selfless understanding

You carry all the lessons and wisdom from the stages you transcended, ey.
I think there are some key points that are overlooked quite often regarding this. This might clear up some common confusions, in case I am right about it.

-The amount of time you spent and the effort you put in while being in a stage will influence how much juice you will milk out of it. (duh)
-Ego,Shadow and repressed material that you picked up will also have an impact on this. (duh- but lets not talk about it, it hurts)
-Transcend and include is very rare while moving trough T1. Transcend and repress seems like the norm to me. (might be)

So taking this in mind while creating an imaginary RPG world scenario.

Player 1 might have:
-4 years in orange.
-did shit tons of self work, nutrition, fitness, career, psychology
-transcended and included a lot of healthy blue and red.
-realized there was smt more to life at some point.
-slowly got and spent 1.5 years in green
-screwed around with some new and cool concepts there
-was amazed with all this new world
-learned new things, but did not put much effort
-did not repress his previous orange
-a new crisis came, something clicked
-gathered his points and got to yellow.

Player 2 might have:
-2 years in orange
-did not do to much self work, was a toxic materialist
-transcended, repressed and judged stage blue
-a friend gave him acid once
-his world fell apart
-gathered his shit and started working in green.
-transcended and repressed stage orange.
-spent 4 years in green.
-did ACAB activism.
-realized its not going anywhere
-did deep and dedicated healing work 
-got to yellow.

P1 - stats
blue: 8/10
orange: 9/10
green : 5/10

P2 - stats
blue: 5/10 - thanks to shadow/healing work at green
orange: 6/10 - thanks to shadow/healing work at green
green: 9/10

You do not have to have all your stats 10/10 in order to be T2, when you get in T2, you will still need to do lower stage integration and learning.

This may be misapplied integral theory, so take it with reserve. This is just me thinking loudly :D Hope it helps :D 

And btw, welcome :D 

Edited by Yog