Moreira

Elliot hulse says the purpose of men is to suffer

10 posts in this topic

Elliot has great and valuable content but i disagree in this idea. All we the spiritual community are mediatting and trying to tame the ego to avoid the suffering derived from it. Yet he says we should suffer, like it was a good thing.

@Moreira This guy realized that success and material things are not equal to happiness, but he did not realize that the answer to fixing that is to turn inwards. Now, he believes that there really is no way to be truly happy, and that there is no other alternative than suffering. That is where he is at right now.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

The purpose of men is exactly the opposite: Love!

Although Love is impossible to learn wothout deep suffering. So it goes full-circle.

May Elliot find the Love he's lost.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Kid is in pain

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Elliott Hulse truly did inspire a lot of young men at one moment in time, but he truly has doubled down on the whole bro-sphere, anti-political correctness & right-wing conservatism. 

I think he's an interesting case study of some one who was almost getting to a solidly green level of Spiral Dynamics (see his hippie phase) but has regressed back to some stage blue + stage orange ideals. 

There is truth in what he's saying.

The masculine core grows through challenges, life purpose, self-sacrifice, presence and centeredness. The Feminine (the world) is always testing the masculine. Anytime you lose touch with groundedness and presence, you have tapped into your feminine.  These are the two polarities consciousness manifests as. Although they are imaginary, those forces are incredibly powerful.

The feminine is appearance, change, and flow. The ultimate masculine gives himself up to the world, surrenders his Ego, and achieves freedom -Enlightenment. Masculine men feel most alive, and at their core, through hardship and challenges.

Inspired by "The Way of the Superior Man" by David Deida.

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

1 hour ago, Arthur said:

There is truth in what he's saying.

The masculine core grows through challenges, life purpose, self-sacrifice, presence and centeredness. The Feminine (the world) is always testing the masculine. Anytime you lose touch with groundedness and presence, you have tapped into your feminine.  These are the two polarities consciousness manifests as. Although they are imaginary, those forces are incredibly powerful.

The feminine is appearance, change, and flow. The ultimate masculine gives himself up to the world, surrenders his Ego, and achieves freedom -Enlightenment. Masculine men feel most alive, and at their core, through hardship and challenges.

Inspired by "The Way of the Superior Man" by David Deida.

Yeah, these are very powerful ideas but I don't think David Deida has ever said as a man you must cut yourself off from your feminine nature. 

Its alright. I don't think it is at odds with what we are doing. I'try to clear it up the terminology of what he is saying a bit, with some extra spices of mine. I've been exploring this level of being quite a bit, so I think I might have something valuable to say.

By happiness he most probably means:
- Pleasure, instant, even delayed. 
- A constant state of comfort and joy.

Its the rat in the wheel. A cat chasing its own tail. Its what 99% of people pursue.

By suffering and sacrifice : (with some extra spice, it also is not a coincidence they are used in pair)
-Suffering - the states of absence of pleasure, comfort or joy.
-Suffering - the urge and the will to hold on to known comforts.
-Sacrifice - deliberately letting go in order to transform.

-There is no gold at the bottom of the ocean. There is gold and a kraken.
-There is no gold in the darkness of the cave, there is gold and a dragon.
-Something valuable in the midst of the dark, protected by unknown chaotic wisdom.

Accept that there will be suffering, accept that you will sacrifice and that that is the way to grow. You can not change and remain the same at the same time. Something will have to go, and you will want to hold on to it. Even when you transform and lets say let go, you will find ways to hold on to those new things, a new transformation will be on its way, you will yet again hold on before letting go and transforming.

Point is, do not avoid suffering and sacrifice. Embrace and own them.
Most of what seeking happiness is the fear of these states.
Seeking happiness will create suffering, disowned suffering, lurking beneath the surface, eating one away.

To folk interested in astrology this is Neptune and Pisces, it is the gateway to Pluto, The guardian is Neptune, the gate is Pluto, to tarot folk its the Hanged Man. The archetype of Jesus on the cross, or even better Odin on Yggdrasil.

I know that I hung
upon a windy tree
for nine whole nights,
wounded with a spear
and given to Othinn,
myself to myself for me;
on that tree
I knew nothing
of what kind of roots it came from.

arcana___the_hanged_man_by_lakandiwa-d2s

I did add and interpret things ofc. But I am sure if Elliot read this he would nod in agreement.

Also I might not be there yet, but what I've seen Happiness is, is the radical acceptance of Love, and Love is everything, its the master emotion, one where-from everything originates, it contains everything, its not pleasure, its not Joy, its everything. :D:S:(:) :$>:(:) 

I don't think Elliot understands what it means for men to be in touch with the feminine. It doesn't simply mean becoming more feminine haha! For me it means something along the lines of what Chris Bache talks about in his recent book. Through his sessions he lived and experienced the lives of thousands of women of all ages in many different times. He developed a profound level of compassion, understanding and love for the feminine. You could say he fully integrated the feminine. This doesn't make you less masculine, it makes you an ever greater and more consciousness man.

Edited by Space

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Elliott changed a lot these last years. I don't know what happened to him, but it seems he has a lot of ressentment and anger (recalls me Jordan Peterson). And there is a lot of controversies from him like he defending art but, at the same time, being against looking inward. It's very difficult to create art by just looking outside, unless I'm a mechanical human printer.