Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EnergyGem

The Human Body: A Miniature Universe

9 posts in this topic

I think the people of the Actualized.org community will find this quote from Master Li Hongzhi (founder of Falun Dafa) from one of his Buddha Law Lectures very interesting:

"The human mind is complex. I’ve spoken with you before about how a person’s brain is merely a processing plant. A person is born from his mother’s womb, with his parents’ flesh and blood, and then grows by consuming earthly foods. And at death, whether he’s buried in the earth or cremated, he turns to dust. The brain itself, strictly speaking, is not the origin of one’s thoughts.

Don’t people have a soul? Doesn’t a person’s body also consist of a part that is at various microscopic layers and that isn’t in the surface dimension? All of those can generate thoughts. Some people have said that the human body is a miniature universe. Think about how many cells are contained in a person’s brain. And how many molecules make up those cells?

And how many even more minuscule particles make up those molecules? Each minuscule particle, as positioned in space, looks as does a celestial body to the human eye. Everyone looks outwardly. Every planet in this greater universe has life on it, only it’s not in this surface dimension and thus it’s invisible to you. America’s space technology is said to be so advanced, yet when they land on other planets they see nothing there but a desolate world.

But it is not desolate there; it’s just that man’s technology is too shallow. How many planets are there in this universe? The cells, molecules, and more minuscule particles in the human brain have the same arrangement as that of the universe that we see, and even the sequencing is the same. How many particles are there in your human body?

How many planets are there inside your brain? If the lives on those minuscule particles (that is, planets) were to look upon the particles spread throughout the space of the brain, would it be any different from how human beings look at planets or the universe? If you are to look at it this way, doesn’t a person’s brain contain a large universe? And how many beings, how many gods, and how many still greater beings exist there in those dimensions? Given that all of those countless beings have their own minds, where exactly do humans’ thoughts come from? It’s extraordinarily complex."

If anyone is interested I've left a link to Zhuan Falun ( the core book of Falun Dafa ). It talks about spiritual things from a scientific perspective. It talks about other dimensions, the soul, the cosmos in the microcosm and the macrocosm, supernatural abilities, karma, healing, the true history of mankind, transcending the 5 elements and leaving the 3 realms and many many other fascinating things:

https://www.falundafa.org/eng/eng/pdf/Zhuan-Falun-2018.pdf

All I know is that is literally made out of Love and it feels like such (wondered why that happens when you stop beleiving you are human?) 

Love this thing and it's very cool. ❤️ will deliver healing answers. Yeah yeah I know. 

Trust YOURSELF it's just way to awesome. 

Even dreamboard is so cool you got to actually see your own actual BS beleifs, since you are Creator awesome tool. Would bever consider that, arrogance and pride. 

All beings are already within me, all places universes all within me. 

I AM. 

That's a very rational way of explaining Infinite Intelligence! Should show that quote to some family members when they question why I meditate. 

Every system is a miniature universe.The human body, the human organs, the cells, the earth.Who can tell if the whole physical universe is not a miniature universe?

3 hours ago, Crystalous said:

Every system is a miniature universe.The human body, the human organs, the cells, the earth.Who can tell if the whole physical universe is not a miniature universe?

Yes, check out this other Buddha Law excerpt from Master Li Hongzhi:

"...Just now I said that particles can form everything in a dimension. The cosmic bodies are extensive and flourishing. The more microscopic the particles that compose a world, the more beautiful and glorious the world. Actually, even larger particles can form even larger cosmic expanses or even larger lives.

While these planets appear to us human beings to be pretty far from one another, they seem quite close to one another in the eyes of larger beings; it’s much the same way human beings perceive the distances among molecules.

Then could what human beings see between planets be part of a being’s body? In other words, could it make up an even larger life?! It’s really the same idea. In the past it was said that there were giants and dwarves.

Whether ordinary people say they existed or not doesn’t matter, I’m teaching in terms of principles. It’s just that times have changed. With history’s progression to this stage, it had to conform to the historical and cultural requirements of this time period. So that caused today’ s society to become how it is.

People no longer believe in what they can’t see or experience. And the more they disbelieve, the less they are allowed to know the truth. That’s because human beings have become foolish. And human beings’ disbelief was actually something arranged. I often say that human beings want to be in charge but they never, ever have been."

17 hours ago, electroBeam said:

@EnergyGem your profile pic really reminds me of infinity. 

Thanks, it's from an artist named Gilbert Williams. I like some of his works.

There's another excerpt from Zhuan Falun that elaborates on this 'Minature Universe' theory a little more in depth. It's a really interesting section of the book:

"Daoists have always regarded the human body as a microcosm, and hold that this inner universe is as large as the outer one and faithfully reflects it. The idea might seem a bit of a stretch and hard to fathom; there doesn’t seem to be grounds for likening the human body to the universe, given the latter’s size. But there is a logic to it that can be explained. Contemporary physics is engaged in research on the composition of matter, and it has progressed from molecules to atoms, electrons, protons, and quarks, reaching all the way to neutrinos.

At these levels microscopy doesn’t have the power to see what exists or know what sizes of particles lie yet further below; researchers don’t know what exists at even more micro of planes. Physics today is still nowhere near reaching the tiniest particles of the universe. Nevertheless, the invisible, miniature realms of those particles might be perceptible to someone who has gone beyond normal physical form, for he would see, with magnified vision, subatomic worlds that are still greater, in keeping with his level of spiritual attainment.

The Buddha described the vastness of the universe after having witnessed it at his level of attainment. His teaching implied that there are other beings in the Milky Way galaxy with physical bodies similar to ours, and that even in just a single grain of sand a great many worlds can be found. This is consistent with modern physics, as the orbiting of electrons around a nucleus is really no different from that of the Earth around the Sun. And so the Buddha taught that in smaller, invisible realms a great many worlds can be seen even in just a grain of sand; meaning, a grain of sand is similar to a universe where lives and a multitude of things exist.

Then assuming that’s valid, within the worlds inside a single grain of sand, there would again be sand, presumably. And within that sand we would expect to find yet more worlds. And then in those worlds inside the sand we would expect to again find still more sand. It could go on endlessly. And so even the Buddha, with his level of spiritual awakening, concluded that the universe was both “infinitely large and infinitely small.” This suggests that it is so large he couldn’t see its perimeter, and so small that he couldn’t determine what the tiniest elemental substance is at the origin of matter.

There are masters who have said that a city can be seen in a single pore of the skin, complete with moving cars and trains. While that might sound far-fetched at first, it proves reasonable if it’s considered in a scientific spirit and with a genuine intent to understand. While I was talking about the opening of the inner eye, I mentioned that many who have experienced it have had visions where they are moving along a seemingly endless tunnel in their forehead region. And each day as they exercise or meditate they see themselves moving forward, with mountains and rivers to the sides; and they pass through cities and see a number of people.

They are apt to think it’s a figment of their imaginations. I can dispel any doubts and tell you that those things were not imagined; what they saw was very clear. Things like those shouldn’t be written off as imaginary, if the world within the body is as vast as masters have seen with their inner eyes. Remember that Daoist thought has long maintained that the human body is a universe unto itself. It’s only to be expected, then, that the distance from your forehead to the pineal gland, [where the inner eye is located,] is going to be enormous in that inner universe—making it feel like a really long way."