FoxFoxFox

Enlightenment Q&A pt.2

26 posts in this topic

@FoxFoxFox Great point on the psyches, we need more guys like you around here :) 

Refreshing to see someone who gets it isn’t simply about shoving something up your arse and having amazing insights, and these peak experiences are quite simply experiences.

Like @Raptorsin7 to me it sounds like you’re trying to chase a state which puts you in a constant state of seeking for more more more, you’ll realise the truth when you stop and breathe.

I also agree if you want to “feel good” more often clean up your diet, exercise every single day, cold showers, breathing exercises etc, true awakening will of course bring lasting peace and happiness but not the kind you’re describing just from how you’re talking about it. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

What in your opinion are psychedelics good for? If one is stuck in negative depressive thoughts can psychedelics be good for shifting into positive mindstate for example with microdosing ? 

How do I recognize if I have true desire for enlightenment ?

I had realizations about impermanence of life and that made me want to look for the ultimate answer but I'm not sure if that desire is strong enough. For example if I was in perfect health and wealthy I might not care about it at all and just use life to the fullest.
How do I get more clear about what my true desire is ? 

28 minutes ago, wavydude said:

What in your opinion are psychedelics good for?

The biggest use I got out of them personaly was having my perception of reality shatter, which made me interested in consiousness work. I do not ascribed any more value to them than that. I also do not believe that any psychedelic experience that I have had in the past had anything to do with how realization is or even feels like. They are not of the same quality, understanding, depth, etc. Also I do not believe that your perception deepens when on psychedelics in the sene that it does when realized. They are simply not the same thing. I am not saying that it is not possible to derive further value from psychedelics with regards to enlightenment, just that i have not been able to.

If one is stuck in negative depressive thoughts can psychedelics be good for shifting into positive mindstate for example with microdosing ? 

I am not qualified to answer this question. You should ask a psychiatrist.

How do I recognize if I have true desire for enlightenment ?

I had realizations about impermanence of life and that made me want to look for the ultimate answer but I'm not sure if that desire is strong enough. For example if I was in perfect health and wealthy I might not care about it at all and just use life to the fullest.
How do I get more clear about what my true desire is ? 

Same as how you recongize your desires for anything else really. The stronger you yearn for liberation, the more of your hours it will consume daily. I should say that I believe desire is a HUGE factor in success with realization. I remeber desiring enlightenment so much that I would dream about it. I would dream that I am liberated and I would feel extreme bliss, like electric fire burning my body but somehow it felt great. Eventually it started bleeding over to the waking state. People usually advise you to pursue your materialistic desires first before pursuing enlightenment, so you know they can never satisfy you. That way your desire for liberation grows significantly.

Look inside yourself and see what you really want. If it's money and fame and sex, then I don't think you should be seeking enlightenment before you achieve those things.

The purpose of this thread is a Q&A dIscussion with FoxFoxFox. If someone has a question for FoxFoxFox, feel free to ask him. Please do not derail the thread with side conversations. 

Thank you everyone for participating. This round of Q&A is now over as I'll not be around for a while. Have a good time and stay safe.

Lol

Edited by Aaron p