Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Husseinisdoingfine

Should I stop playing video games?

11 posts in this topic

Is it too low conscious for me to have? Or can I play rarely?

''To be happy we must not be too concerned with others''.

Albert Camus

I think when analizing any habit you wanna ask yourself if you are using it as a control strategy, trying to use it to get ride of something (Ex: boredom), or does the habit actually serve you. If you have found an art form that consuming it brings you insight, or growth then great! It is also important to realize that any habit can become a control strategy if done unconciously. 

Creation creating itself to create creation. 
Build yourself, you are the power. 

Depends. 

You have to remove the 'you.' 

Then you're not playing. 

J̸͟͞u̸͟͞m̸͟͞p̸͟͞ s͞t̸͟͞r̸͟͞e̸͟͞e̸͟͞t̸͟͞ j̸͟͞u̸͟͞m̸͟͞p̸͟͞ s̸͟͞t̸͟͞r̸͟͞e̸͟͞e̸͟͞t͞ 

🅗🅔🅐🅣🅗 - 🅜🅨 🅞🅦🅝 🅒🅞🅒🅞🅞🅝 🅞🅕 🅛🅞🅥🅔 🅐🅝🅓 🅟🅔🅐🅒🅔

My twin Flame guardian is a Dragon. 

@Husseinisdoingfine They are a distraction no matter how you look at them. You will give them up sooner or later, might as well be now. They offer an escape into a very real alternate reality that can latch onto you without you even noticing.

Ask yourself why you want to play video games. Notice how all the answers you come up with are a distraction of some sort.

But I mean, if you don't have a craving for waking up, then just play video games and enjoy them without interfering with your life. There is nothing to do in reality anyways.

Ask yourself, in 30 years when you finally decide to give them up, did you maximize love for the world by playing them? 

Only you know where you are at growth-wise so only you can decide. Some just need to play some video games, smoke crack, commit murder, to get out of their ego to grow - some need a full collapse for there to be growth. 

*Not saying this necessarily applies to you of course. :)

Why do you think that? Whats your experience with playing games?

@Husseinisdoingfine When your soul is ready you will drop video games no problem. If you have to force it or beat yourself to stop, that is a function of the ego. All good things come from flow and moving with what feels right, Don't beat yourself up if you still play them, there is nothing wrong with that

"The perfect man employs his mind as a mirror; it grasps nothing; it refuses nothing; it receives, but does not keep."  - Chuang-tzu

2 minutes ago, VictorB02 said:

When your soul is ready you will drop video games no problem. If you have to force it or beat yourself to stop, that is a function of the ego. All good things come from flow and moving with what feels right, Don't beat yourself up if you still play them, there is nothing wrong with that

This - 9_9 Well put. Also @VictorB02 I'm going to have to steal that Tzu quote for my quote collection. :D

@fridjonk Thank you. And I'm glad to let you steal it haha :P

"The perfect man employs his mind as a mirror; it grasps nothing; it refuses nothing; it receives, but does not keep."  - Chuang-tzu