Prevailer

Nervous system and Thoughts

48 posts in this topic

The nervous system is directly related to how we feel physically and also has a direct impact on thoughts that come into our head.If we stress ourselves out too much our bodies think we are under threat and send signals out via thoughts.We therefore need to be more mindful of the tension  in our bodies and actively seek to relieve this stress via meditation.This is obviously nothing new but I do think we totally underestimate the nervous system.Get control of your nervous system and you have greater control of your mind.

If you do somehow manage to get control of your nervous system then would you do me a favor and let me know how you did it 'cause you would have achieved out of this world.

@Prevailer

Great post. It is important, imo. That’s always a good idea. 

Weird question for you...would you say you are separate from this idea (op)? Or, no?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 minutes ago, Victor Mgazi said:

If you do somehow manage to get control of your nervous system then would you do me a favor and let me know how you did it 'cause you would have achieved out of this world.

I have not been able to achieve it.....yet....I’ve started to recognise the importance of being in the moment and recognising the need to manage the tension in my body.I have realised that the calmer one is the easier it is to maintain a still mind.

6 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Prevailer

Great post. It is important, imo. That’s always a good idea. 

Weird question for you...would you say you are separate from this idea (op)? Or, no?

My view is that we are not thoughts...we can either create them (outward thoughts) or the physical body (brain computers) can relay  information to us (inward thoughts from our memory banks) ....like music being played back to us that we were listening to the night before.SILENCE is the buffer between us and our thoughts.We need to notice this silent gap between the real us and our thoughts and then fully embrace this silence more and more.This silence is the GAP that we need to become more increasingly aware of in order to make space in our mind.

1 minute ago, Nahm said:

@Prevailer Sounds right on imo.    Do I understand what was said...there’s us, the space / silence / gap...and then thoughts / ideas?

For me there is the real you presence...then comes the silence (which I interpret as the gap silence) then comes the thought.There is a real peace which grows the more you become aware of and embrace the silent gap between your thoughts.The nervous system can be a real challenge however.

Right on. Through learning Kriya Yoga, I learned two easy practices that are phenomenal for calming the nervous system, body, and mind: Nadi Shodhana Pranayama and ujjayi breath. These are literally the first two things taught in "Kriya Secrets Revealed".

Transformation and Healing Course Coming Soon! https://www.youtube.com/c/davidmillervideos

2 minutes ago, StripedGiraffe said:

Right on. Through learning Kriya Yoga, I learned two easy practices that are phenomenal for calming the nervous system, body, and mind: Nadi Shodhana Pranayama and ujjayi breath. These are literally the first two things taught in "Kriya Secrets Revealed".

Thanks for this.Peace to you my friend.

I keep tension around my head when I get stressed, around the temples sometimes in the neck. When I first discovered I wasn’t my thoughts, all the tension was released as I entered a very peaceful state, and while I remained in this state of not identifying with thoughts, all of these tensions remained released. There is definitely something there.

2 minutes ago, Spaceofawareness said:

I keep tension around my head when I get stressed, around the temples sometimes in the neck. When I first discovered I wasn’t my thoughts, all the tension was released as I entered a very peaceful state, and while I remained in this state of not identifying with thoughts, all of these tensions remained released. There is definitely something there.

Yeah ...I agree.Making a permanent connection with this state of consciousness or initially at least knowing where to find it and sustain it is good step in the right direction....I.e. we do need to learn more about and embrace this silent buffer so that we can get more control of our nervous system.This feels good.

"The nervous system" is a thought.

I dare you to check if this is true ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

;)

Hi Leo...can you explain a bit more

10 minutes ago, Prevailer said:

Hi Leo...can you explain a bit more

The nervous system is not just about thoughts.... for me it’s also about feelings within the body as well.What is a thought? Other than electrical signals in the brain.My view is that rightly or wrongly it consists of a “you” character and a voice.We appear to engage with this character and voice during thought.My view is that in order to remain in the silent buffer for longer periods we need to engage with just half the make up of a thought I.e. just the you character.SILENCE the voice.Does this make any sense?

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I dare you to check if this is true ;)

That is interesting Leo that you say that.I can only go off my personal experiences...My nervous system creates tension in my physical body which comes across as a feelings to me as well.I spent years daring myself to go and check if things were true but then one day I decided to try something different...wipe the slate clean.I do still think deeply by going into myself but I am now trying to come out of myself more and more.Thinking too deeply all the time can consume the individual.I am so much more grounded now by my change in direction and still finding  answers ...for me anyway.

@Prevailer Your nervous system is imaginary.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Prevailer Your nervous system is imaginary.

Ok,I will reflect on what you say...thanks.

1 hour ago, Prevailer said:

Ok,I will reflect on what you say...thanks.

Reflected and totally disagree, sorry Leo.Been there got the tee shirt.I’ve see far greater insights than that.

For me your thinking system is too one way and biased...It’s not balanced.I suppose there has to be this type of thinking in the overall equation though...so your thinking system does fit in.