Osaid

Extreme Itchiness when showering

16 posts in this topic

Title says it all. I get horribly itchy when I take showers and idk why. Its been like this for years. Just seeing if there's any insight here. thanks

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

Use coconut oil 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Your water probably has a lot of chlorine and other nasty chemicals, I would invest in a high quality shower filter and see if that helps.

A colder or cooler shower may help too as hot water opens up our pores so you get more chlorine, fluoride and other junk deeper in your skin.

B R E A T H E

20 minutes ago, pluto said:

Your water probably has a lot of chlorine and other nasty chemicals, I would invest in a high quality shower filter and see if that helps.

A colder or cooler shower may help too as hot water opens up our pores so you get more chlorine, fluoride and other junk deeper in your skin.

Yup. That could be it. 

@pluto Cold water does seem to lessen the itchiness. I'll look into it. Thanks.

@Preety_India You would think it is just dryness but lotions and stuff don't do that much to help usually. Thanks for the suggestion.

4 minutes ago, Osaid said:

@Preety_India You would think it is just dryness but lotions and stuff don't do that much to help usually. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'd recommend you to give coconut oil a try. It helps a lot with itchiness. It's like a natural disinfectant. 

And yea it's really the water. But coconut oil doesn't allow those impurities to get in. 

Itchiness can also happen if there's too much bleach in the water used. 

There is a rare condition called aquagenic urticaria where your skin reacts to water basically. You should speak to your doctor and see what they think. I have no idea how that is treated but could be like @pluto said due to chlorination. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Considered that possibility, but I don't have hives developing like it is mentioned in the symptoms. Thanks for the input.

If you want you could try the Wim Hof method for a few weeks. 

Breathing Exercises + Cold showers and cold exposure therapy, although, cold showers can be tricky at first! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 I actually started the breathing exercise a few days ago, coincidentally.

It helps me to slowly lower the water temperature for cold showers instead of jumping straight into the freezing water. That's how i usually go about it. Haven't tried a cold shower in a while though.

@Osaid That's a good place to start, 10-30 seconds at the end, but eventually just dive in and go straight for the cold! 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

On 3/27/2020 at 8:52 PM, pluto said:

Have you noticed a difference since you got a shower filter?

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

1 hour ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Have you noticed a difference since you got a shower filter?

I have a Vitamin C shower filter which neutralizes chlorine/chloramines and i also installed Shungite/Orgonite technology with some Activated Carbon and initially i did notice a difference but after my own tweaks even more now :)

You can install whole house filtration systems and water structuring systems which are much better overall and in the long run but they cost a lot.

I will be doing them in future when i move.

B R E A T H E

2 hours ago, pluto said:

I have a Vitamin C shower filter which neutralizes chlorine/chloramines and i also installed Shungite/Orgonite technology with some Activated Carbon and initially i did notice a difference but after my own tweaks even more now :)

You can install whole house filtration systems and water structuring systems which are much better overall and in the long run but they cost a lot.

I will be doing them in future when i move.

Nice, they are pretty affordable on amazon I'm gonna order one with that Vitamin C :x

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

I've fought skin irritations for most of my life. Always had issues after getting out of the shower or bath. Little did I know, it was the chlorine (and who else knows what other chemicals) that was in abundance in the water. Installed a filtration system back at my old place and the itchiness and redness never came back. Now I moved and the issues reappeared, most likely from lack of filtration. Now I rely on well water, as opposed to previously, so a different type of system is required. Keep this aspect in mind if you do decide to install a filter system, well water and municipal supplies have different water contamination issues. https://popular.reviews/whole-house-water-filters-for-well/ 

Small tip - do some testing beforehand to see if water contamination is the problem or not.