TrynaBeTurquoise

Poll: How are you relating to quarantine compared to your "normal life"?

How are you relating to quarantine compared to your "normal life"?   81 members have voted

1. 1. How are you relating to quarantine compared to normal life?

• Positively Relating (I actually like this change of pace in life, I get to take a break from the hustle and bustle that was bogging me down!)
    • Neutral (Some pros, some cons, it kind of balances out for me)
    • Negatively Relating (This kind of sucks compared to my normal life)
    • Experiencing Depression/Panic/Extreme Anxiety

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 posts in this topic

Curious to see how this breaks down. 

Don't guilt trip people for being "happier" because of it. This is all about 1st person experience. Its not that you are happy that people or dying or that the world is in a state of chaos.

Its: how do you feel, deep down, emotionally about being in quarantine where you most likely now have a lot more free time to pursue what you truly want without as many demands (for some people they might have more stress and more demands, its all unique to the individual) Maybe this is changing your life in some way for the better or opening new doors for you in some sense. 

You can state your "why" or reasons for you choice below.

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

My choice are the last two. 

I'm negatively relating. It has affected my work. And my income. 

It sucks because I used to like traveling.  But scared of it now. I'm just waiting for it to end so that I can travel again. 

I'm also feeling more grumpy and depressed than usual. Also extremely anxious because I have an aging mom. I don't want to lose my parents and grandparents. Or my friends and my rest of the family. Some of them are vulnerable. That causes me heightened anxiety. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I had actually planned to take a break and live a more sanctuary lifestyle over the next couple of months, so the timing was actually kinda alright.

I am myself, heaven and hell.

Mostly neutral. We are not on complete lockdown but work and activities are highly limited. Work related its not optimal because I want to get stuff done, but I take the time for preparing and education. I could do that probably for a year or so. Socially I miss going to events and meeting new people and just having more options.

Thats said, potential is everywhere we just have to look for it :)

I'm glad we don't have any that voted depressed or anxious. 

Personally, I think this whole thing has grown me as an individual in relation to adapting to new circumstances and has been a great opportunity to reflect on how survival has society by its strings. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

I voted neutral, but actually it's been quite good for me. I'm introverted and mostly keep to myself, and this year I isolated myself a bit more from people so I don't really freak out over the lock down here. I also have some OCD over cleanliness so it's weirdly normal for me to isolate and explore myself all over.

Mostly neutrally.

Plus some added neat bonuses. 
-It outsources my excuses to go outside for minor reasons.
-Big food stocks clear up a lot of mental baggage regarding nutrition.
-Toxic internet environment made me hook off from social media.
-Daily workout/nutrition habits are easier and way more desirable to maintain. 
-Meditation and other spiritual practices are easier to maintain, plus there is more time for more of them.
-My apartment is cleaner than a baby ass.
-More time for reading.
-More love and focused time on the art/music project I am doing. I am loving this.

Pickard - Damage report!!
-PC repairs have been delayed quite significantly and is affecting my income, found a semi-replacement, I'll make it.
-Insufficient psychedelics, insufficient tegridy weed.
-Chillin around with some very potent alcohol.

The idea of me going somewhere away, isolated from the city, stocking up and doing my work/s, while going out once/twice a month for a restock, or for some trance/goa, dnb/neuro or metal show/festival started to grow on me. 

The quarantine hasn't stopped me from doing anything I've already been doing. Nothing can stop me. I am the supreme, i am beyond shape/form.

Reality depends on me. Shivai

B R E A T H E

38 minutes ago, pluto said:

The quarantine hasn't stopped me from doing anything I've already been doing. Nothing can stop me. I am the supreme, i am beyond shape/form.

Reality depends on me. Shivai

Ok calm down I already am. LOVE, GOD, TRUTH. 

Reality is me. 

Oh Infinite Love can you calm yourself up a bit. 

Ok hippie festival in Australia. 

I have mansion in Australia. Tell me your city sir. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@TrynaBeTurquoise Really good poll, I should have thought of this! I chose neutral. Good in terms of wanting to be left alone, properly re-evaluate life, heal myself. Bad in terms of feeling trapped in the house, can't see when this is going to end. It's a unique experience at least, but not without it's issues of course.

To be honest so far nothing has changed for me lol.. I go to work, read books, do my practices and go out in Nature.

Never been a very outgoing person and nothing I enjoy more then being with myself :)

one good thing is I dont have to tell my friends I don't want to hang out because I already have other stuff planned ^^

I have three-four extra hours of work time! :) 

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

Not much has changed for me, except I work in the medical field so work has become a bit nuts.

On a personal note, I work and come home, like I did before. The stores are a bit more bare, less cars on the road and I can't go out to eat.

I enjoyed doing that, maybe out to dinner and a movie. Otherwise, I'm pretty much a home body.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Update 4 me: I think my school district will cancel school this year

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

This poll turned out quite interesting. That one vote of "depression/panic/anxiety" I sense is a troll vote as it was put in right after I said "thank goodness no one voted for that". Lol. Could be wrong though. If not, that person can come in and verify. 

I think I would choose them all: 

1. I like to hermit out. I like the "shaken to awaken" philosophy and lean toward optimism.

2. I can see this in a non-dual way, and am in a low impact area where not much has changed on the surface.

3. I enjoy physical touch and close personal heart connections, would like this to return to our culture soon.

4. I only experience this in relation to my daughter, I want her to see both parents... my related fears have been not getting her back with the travel restrictions etc.