billiesimon

Society VS Art - Being serious VS Being creative

2 posts in this topic

I've noticed society has a very strong attachment to seriousness and cold hard structure of living.

Since I've started my self help journey, I've discovered that I have a huge tendency towards art, free expression, chaotic lifestyle (except for meditation, self inquiry etc, which I do regularly with discipline) and sharing expression.

My family and even some of my friends are disgusted by this "non productive" artistic way of expressing and organizing one's life. 

I don't understand why.

On the the other hand, since I've started with self help, and especially SINCE starting with psychedelics, I have developed a huge disgust for societal norms and societal need for cold productivity. You can also say that I've become a full blown stage green guy. 

What I want to understand is... who's more in tune with reality? 
Creativity or productivity?

Seems like the whole of society judges me as an airy fairy person now... I'm good at creating and appreciating meditative insights, but it's so rare to find aspects of society which appreciates this.

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

Yes, todays society is very much about the bottom line, theres no time to sit and dream and be creative, thats not where we are at right now, that doesnt make it wrong though, its the exact opposite, being about the creative process and enjoying for what it is without a goal is a beautiful mindful thing that you should care for and develop.

There is really nothing at all to achieve or to do... unless you want to.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!