Sombra

High Performance | Journal

331 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

High Performance Journal Prolusion

I had a previous blog that I deleted. And there were a lot of reasons why I decided to delete the old blog. 

One of those reasons happens to be, I was being way too soft with my verbiage in there. I made myself approachable, friendly, nice. I'm very little of those things. In fact if you're reading this, I most likely don't like you. I'd be doing something wrong if you did like me.

So the entire premise of the old journal was in fact just too sloppy and not at all conducive to my end goals. My end goals are not to be liked by you. When I refer to my friends, in my journal-- friends to me mean something different than it does to most people now. For most people, friends are problems....

For me they're more like allies. We are viciously competitive with each other. We attack each other quite frequently-- we are harsh with each other at times, and our friendships can often seem like grappling matches and alliances we form comradery through rather than "comfort".

Friends are problems, I'll say that again. YOUR definition of friends are probably people that are there sheerly by convenience in your life. Just like your significant other... just like how your parents met... it was "the easy thing" to do....

And if that isn't just the saddest commentary on the state of the world we live in I just don't know what is. 

Who This Journal Is Not Right For

If you're looking for inspiration, you came to the wrong place. If you're looking for emotional healing or processing, you came to the wrong place. 

You see I don't have those problems. These rules you guys feel like you need to obey by, this momentum... most of you have of being a people pleaser, I don't have that. I just don't care... You ever see those cartoons floating around where its a group of people and then the one guy is separated from the group and he's holding onto the balloons and flipping everyone off. The cartoon reads something like this is Tim, Tim doesn't care, be like Tim... that's me... I just don't care what you morons think.

SD2TJaV.jpg?fb

You know Steve Jobs had a quote along the lines of We don't hire smart people so we can tell them what to do, we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do... I say Amen to that... but conversely, I've also struggled to find people smarter than me. LOL. Shouldn't be a problem for most of you though.

Who This Journal Is Right For

This journal is perfect for me. And the process and the notes I'll be taking and regurgitating back to you can possibly be right for you. But that typically means you have a few characteristics and few traits that make you stand out.

1- When you say you're going to do something-- you fucking do something.
2- You refuse to get bogged down in your emotions

A lot of people are emotionally still like 12 year olds... That's not speculation, in evolutionary psychology that's a common fact. So when you have tough to swallow pills, most of you guys act like rebellious teens going through puberty... then as you get older, you come back... and you say, damn you were right Dad, thanks for raising me the way you did.

I want TUFF people around me... if you have ANY FEAR whatsoever this probably is not a good fit for you... because I'm GOING to make you uncomfortable, and not even on purpose. I'm not trying to GO out of my way to offend you--but I will,I'm not trying to go out of my way to make you feel stupid, but I will. But the thing with me especially is if you're reading what I write, you have to understand how to read between the lines...

If not and I end up pissing you off, don't come back here. I sincerely don't care at all... less problems for me.

What Will This Journal Consist Of

For the most part this journal will consist of daily routines and goal setting. I will have a lot of note-taking in here from various programs and areas of interest. This includes real estate, mergers and acquisitions, psychology, book notes, and whatever else I want to say.

Taking notes is proven to help you remember things at a higher level, with more detail. I honestly have a pretty close to perfect memory as is, but this journal also serves as a tool like a carrot on a stick for me.

It is basically IMPOSSIBLE to accomplish anything at very high levels if you don't understand how to keep yourself motivated, if you don't have someone, or some force pushing you, being savage, being ruthless, being overbearing... if you can't apply these pressures to yourself and learn to like them then there's something wrong with you-- there just is.

I'm writing this is the midst right now of the whole Covid19 thing, and funny how I don't see any talk any more about "toxic masculinity".... 

Why? Because it works... and people know it works.

And believe it or not, I consider myself today, much kinder and gentler than how I was in my early 20's. 

This journal will also consist of a lot of arrogant or egotistical brags. I have a lot of things I'm proud of accomplishing in my life and I constantly look for new obstacles to add to my trophy collection. I just started a new collaboration yesterday with an NGO to help children in Africa with education, clean water, getting parasites removed from them, clothing, etc etc... My goal is to help them generate millions online for these people.

So with this all said and everything out of the way-- Cheers to progress, if you're here, you're here for a reason. So let's make the most of our time-- and rip the heads off our competition.

Edited by Sombra

Welcome to The City on a Hill|I Do It For The Block- That's Why Nobody's Stopping Me | Gradatim Ferociter | Christian | Just Do It

Mergers and Acquisition Notes; Why The Only Way to Mega Wealth is To Buy Businesses

There is a stat out there that 85-95% of ALL startups fail. Yet business schools teach entrepreneurship centered around the idea of "start your own business?"

I'm not going to talk about why most businesses fail, nor waste your time- there's a lot of reasons why, and a lot of books why they fail- but the point is they fail so don't even waste your time looking into why.

What we're talking about is Mergers and Acquisitions, here's a short list of all the names of people who got rich from this process:

Warren Buffett Charlie Munger, Sam Zell, Donald Trump, Henry Kravis, John D. Rockefeller, Sr. Andrew Carnegie, Ray Kroc, Richard Branson, Elon Musk (he didn’t found Tesla or Solar City...), Steve Jobs (started Apple, but purchased Pixar)

It's not the top 1% that do this. It's literally the top of the top 1% it's more like the .000001% of people do this-- and frankly, with enough due diligence, the process is EASY. Emotionally extremely fucking difficult but it is a straight path.

You literally don't necessarily even need money to do this model...

Which should be mindblowing to hear.

ITS THE ONLY GAME IN TOWN where YOU DON'T NEED MONEY-- AND YOU STILL CAN BECOME a millionaire, a multi-millionaire, a billionaire, A MULTI BILLIONAIRE.

We aren't even talking about the tech startups, Facebook, Amazon, Google, etc etc.... 

So all of this said, can you make a 6 figure business from scratch? In my opinion yes it's incredibly easy to do-- a monkey could do that. Longevity wise, maybe not, but at least in the first 2-4 years you could probably be a terrible human being and still easily make 6 figures online.

But if you're talking about WEALTH CREATION, making some sheckles, getting some COIN. This is one of the only games in town that doesn't take you 10-25 years to do. I personally have an acquaitence that became a millionaire with WITH only 30k of skin in the game, in 7 months. He started M&A's in October, he closed his first deal around May if I remember correctly. The deal was close to 2 million.

He now owns Mobile Home Parks, and is rolling up 2 new businesses as we speak- he was a PICKUP coach before this guys lol-- he didn't call it that, an intimacy expert lol, but he was just goofing off for a year in Colombia and decided he was going to take the leap.

How does this model work?

It's built off of
OPT (other people's time)
OPM (other peoples money)

Something like only 3-5% of companies in the US reach more than $1million in revenue a year... so why would you try to build a business from scratch? My friends and I talk about this all the time honestly, and a lot of my friends are in this 3-5% range that did it... and we say man... looking at this all over again, fuck building a business....

“I would rather earn 1% off a 100 people's efforts than 100% of my own efforts.” – John D. Rockefeller 

But success leaves clues-- THAT'S WHY THE RICHEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD ALL HAVE THIS ONE THING IN COMMON-- they don't build businesses, they BUY THEM.

How to Make M&A's Work

Find businesses that have potential, but suffer from their bad sales and marketing. Also realize we live in an era of boomers retiring but not having anyone out there to pickup their business for them... What this means for entrepreneurs is that there is a wealth of opportunity with significant negotiations and price leveraging possible on the market place.

Welcome to The City on a Hill|I Do It For The Block- That's Why Nobody's Stopping Me | Gradatim Ferociter | Christian | Just Do It

Just now, Sombra said:

For me they're more like allies. We are viciously competitive with each other. We attack each other quite frequently-- we are harsh with each other at times, and our friendships can often seem like grappling matches and alliances we form comradery through rather than "comfort".

I underestand, this is your journal an i rather not critique you for your views. Anyhow, i think this is a better "classical" theme for your journal. x)

Good luck!

@Applegarden LOL you're getting too romantic about it. Also not a broken person so I can't really vibe with this LOL.

Posted (edited)

3/27- Do small things with great love.
Song of the day: Swish Swish

I'm Grateful For:
1 My friends who are still CRUSHING IT in the WORST ECONOMY OF HUMAN KIND
2 My networking abilities 
3 My social intelligence

Today's Priorities:
1. Audit 
2. Sales pitches
3. GMB Optimization
4. Rework my daily schedule
5. Mergers and Acquisition Notes

What Would Make Today Great:
1. Getting out 100 sales pitches
2. getting a few demos scheduled
3. Having some time to study languages

Current Projects:
1.  Business takeover of the national marketplace
2. GMB Optimization
3. Sales generations

KPI & Metrics

Sales: 
SS Calls: 100 |
Lead Gen: 
Service Delivery: 

End of Day Review:

Wins-
1 GMB Optimization
2 Audit and Onboarding finished for NGO
3 Schedule reorganized

How I'll Improve-
1 Sales
2 New Routine
3 Keyword Research for NGO

One Thing I Did to Scare Myself:

Meh... 

Final Thoughts:

I have to remember that I have two meetings scheduled.

One is with my old SEO mentor- he's showing me what he's doing right now to absolutely crush the market right now while almost all businesses are crippled. He currently has 180 clients in the US that's on Monday at 7:30pm. The one before that is with the current mentors I've paid, one of the guy makes 100's of thousand of month through affiliate marketing so I'm curious to know what he's doing- that's going to be Sunday at 5pm.

So it was cool talking to my friend Schoolboy Q lol I need to come up with a new nickname for him. I'll call him Frank from now on since he loves Frank Sinatra lol. Frank got absolutely murdered with his clients for his radio/television advertising business.. he was like dude it was BRUTAL. However, he said he bounced back because his clients that thrive in this time have triple downed on their ad spend. So it finally worked out for him

Frank was one of the people that landed me a national tax relief client- those guys spend 120k a week on advertising and I imagine probably even more now. Fuck.

Edited by Sombra

@Applegarden I'd say a cruise ship*** but lol I predict those are about to start selling for scrap metal prices. LOL.

Posted (edited)

@Hello from Russia No way, what a call! :) 

Indeed I have- well I shouldn't say finished it. I was actually one of his original consulting accelerator members and I did finish the course then. Now we're at where he's at today, with his beautiful website, and his videos- while always excellent- are just really brilliant now.

I think I only got into week 3 in this current accelerator, but my business model is no longer built around Sam's model. I have a lot of distinctions separating my business from his but, if do I regret the purchase is a question.. no not at all... I bought in his $2000 program and I think that was underpriced by 8k.

My relationships just by networking with people in that group have been literally tens of thousands of dollars alone in mutual profit.

What are your thoughts (IF)?

Edited by Sombra

PS @Hello from Russia

Are you really from Russia? I've been keeping an eye on the Ruble and let me just say....  вешать лапшу на уши.
I can't believe it. Curious to know what your thoughts are if that is the case for yourself- if not that's OK.

@Sombra
Sounds cool. I am big fun of Sam, I think what he teaches is great. Just found you use his morning routine worksheet as a journal template :) .
Glad you're having success with your ventures. I am using his model right now and already having some success with it. Especially the marketing stuff (Especially cold outreach and his coaching on selling).

Yes, I am really from Russia. The currency seems to be declining right now, but I think Putin with his guys have the situation somewhat under control even if the ruble drops even lower, I don't think the economic system should collapse. Other than that, I am actually not touched that much by it or even benefitting since I position my business into US market and I make money in $$ which convert very well into russian rubles.

See things as they are

Posted (edited)

How to Unlock Hercleian Focus and Kick Procrastination's Ass for Good

So I don't think I've ever just flat out made one post combining literally everything I know about focus into one post. So that's the goal of today. I want to talk about focus from every angle I'm aware of, and how to optimize for it so you truly can have as something that doesn't evade you, but something you have a restraint over. 

Understand this too, you should not be limited by the idea of focus... so I want to create some key heuristics or ways of thinking that you run almost algorithmically to get the highest impact results for your life. I've produced millions online (for my clients) for the last 3.5 years at this point so although I'm not like some of these Spartan warrior types of people that I know that absolutely eat my numbers alive- it's something that I've clearly optimized for, and something I'm constantly iterating on and improving. So let this guide serve more as a signpost with varying degrees of relevancy depending on where you're at in this process IF.

Step 1: Identify Your Sleep Chronograph and Optimize Your Sleep in General

So this is a very odd way to start this off but I think the most important thing to handle straight away is a sleep schedule. I will start off by saying you should not feel guilty about yourself if you fuck up your sleep schedule but just be aware that sleep is a vessel that you need to take prudent care of. Science shows the more routine your sleep is, the better you recover physically and the deeper sleep you get. 

So I recommend people starting off by identifying your sleep chronotype. Now there are tests online that diagnose you, but most of the time these aren't dialed in properly to your sleep chronotype- it's not like the Hexaco personality test which has years of documentation and iteratition to get a very defined answered- any test for chronotypes online is more like the Myers-Brigg test which is something you typically are told to take 3-4 times and average out your answers until you get your actual result.

So what a sleep chronotype is, is a science identifying what genetic makeup you have that motivates you to sleep at certain times. So based on when you're most motivated to sleep and wake up, your focus will actually typically follow this as well.

The four types are named after animals so you can easily remember them

Bear, Dolphin, Lion, Wolf- lets explain

Bear:
 This is 55% of the general population. This means, you prefer not waking up too late, but you don't like to work too early... this is basically people that get their actual motivation somewhere around 10am. Jeff Bezos is the best example of a bear... he literally lies in bed for 1-2 hours a day when he wakes up, just to pull himself together and gets to work around 10-10:30am. If you're a person who is ready to tackle the day about 2-4 hours after waking up you're a bear.

Dolphin: Dolphins are people that seem to have focus either in the morning or at night depending on their levels of stress. This is 15% of the population. So sometimes they're very motivated to work in the morning, other times they're very motivated to work at night. One of my best friends is a Dolphin, he has a job making 70k a year, and two side businesses that he's made hundreds of thousands with. Just making the point that you don't need to be limited by these factors at all, but just be aware that if you seem like some days you're hyper-focused in the morning, or some days you just seem hyper-focused at night... this is because neurologically you're probably a dolphin.

Lion: Lions are morning people. A lot of highly successful people are these 3,4,5 AM'rs. Waking up early doesn't make you successful but it DOES make you sacrifice having a social life.... which is a distracting factor to success. So causation is not correlation in this scenario, but just be aware if you are a morning person that within 1-2 hours of waking up early you're ready to just start smashing the day until about midday, you're most likely a lion. 15% of population

Wolf: I myself am a Wolf. Elon Musk is a Wolf, there's a ton of people that are Wolfs- (15%). You should now see the trend here that it doesn't matter what chronotype you actually have, its just that you aren't distracted. Wolfs are people who actually get the most energy as your day progresses... so when I wake up, I basically don't want to do anything focus related something I'll expand upon later since I'm writing this guide from only my perspective. Wolf's are typically at peak focus at 7pm-9pm. 

The reason why genetics seem to dictate these behaviors is because you actually ostensibly need this variety for safety reasons back in the day of the cavemen. Bears would be the people that basically consistently work and push the development of society as a whole. Lions would make sure everything is as it should be in the morning, and that the day can run consistently. Wolfs would keep order over the night. Dolphins would be flexible should there be a reason why more people are needed in the morning, or more people are needed at night.

Optimizing Your Sleep

Next is understanding how to get the very most out of your sleep. I'll keep this section very short and leave it to you guys to fact check- but just be aware there's a lot of fake news on sleep. Some of this fake news is using Oura rings, are putting amythyst pads that shoot UV waves into your body as you sleep- and frankly this stuff is like from 1980's. I am so beyond this now I actually sleep in an Oura water hyperbaric tank the same one Luke Skywalkers used in The Empire Strikes back to put you in a natural sleep that perfectly aligns with your perfect circadian rhythm, and perfectly grounds out all electrons in a perfect way while perfectly saturating your body with magnesium.......

Look here's all you need to really know. Sleeping is NOT HARD if you just get the basic things right. Don't fall in love with complication.... theres literally only 4-5 things you need to do.

1) Stop stressing about sleep...
When you start stressing about sleep your sleep is going to get worse.... stop stressing about over-complication.

2) Get your electrolytes and minerals right...
You don't need to be a super scientist to know this stuff. You can literally have 1-2 avocados a day, and a $12 magnesium glycinate supplement that will last you like 3 months... and you'll be fine. You need to just make sure you have salt, magnesium, and potassium... that's it. And you don't even need to worry about salt because most diets already have enough of that.

3) Stop working 3-4 hours before going to bed. It's extremely basic. I have an app on my laptop and phone that makes the screen get rid of blue lights. Blue lights stimulate your mind to stay awake, this is why truckers have them at the top of their cabin sometimes when they drive. You can literally just watch netflix on your laptop before bed with flux on... or if you're SUPER advance like me... you'll have a pair of blue light blocking glasses that you put on 3-4 hours before sleep. Ideally, when you're about 2 hours out before sleep, don't watch or read anything educational... you need to watch things or do things that are simple and dumb.... why because you need to slow down and stop thinking. If you're in mastermind mode, you wont be able to go to sleep.

4) Go to sleep at the same exact time every night. You don't need to sleep in a vampire coffin... just make sure no light is coming in. And aim to go to bed along the same time every night. I shoot for 9 hours of sleep a night, because I know I'm only going to get about 7.5. But make a point to try to get to bed around the same exact time.

If you still have issues with sleep... look at your diet... Keto is probably keeping you awake (note 95%+ of every bodybuilder you ever see eat carbs and sleep well)... just sleep like a normal person. I don't care about you biohackers who are going to scream bloody mary at this... what result are you looking for? Just because sleep is important doesn't mean it has to be complicated.

Optimizing Your Day for Success

The first thing I want to stress is that you don't want to copy my routine. 

You want to create your own that works with your chronotype.

So when I wake up in the morning my day is pretty simple. From 9:30-11:30 I'm just waking up. My focus is really not even there at all. I'm having coffee, I'm having vitamins, I'm talking to friends, I'm answering emails... this time block for me is really just chatty time. 

Why because, I don't feel like focusing. So whats the easiest thing for me to do... communicate. It's easy just talk, chat, answer clients, answer emails, check some stats within my business, that sort of thing. I usually get to the gym by 10:30am, I keep my workouts under 45 minutes (but I do warm up for about 30 minutes) then I go to the attached sauna.

I'm usually back in front of my computer by 12:00pm and now I'm ready to work. My diet is essentially a low inflammation diet that hits my protein macros, and that's it. It's just like Kale, Spinach, Pea and Hemp Protein, I take some vitamins like Vitamin K, Vitamin B, Vitamin D, a few other things that I'll make a post on... it's not rocket science. I split up my meals into 4 time blocks, but I don't even really stress about my meals that much. I just make sure I get enough protein and stay consistent with it, because I know that if I want to keep the engine running at optimal levels, I need consistency even when I'm in the zone and don't feel like making a protein shake that takes 2 seconds I do that.

I have like 7 alarms on my phone- wake up, gym, work, eat meal 1-4.

I finish work around 9 then I just do whatever it is I want to do. I'll take a shower, I meditate, I do skin care, I'll review my day, study languages, and then I'm usually shutting down completely around 11pm. And try to get to sleep around 1am.

That's it.

Review Your Day 

There are three tools I use to review my day- my blog posts are one of them. As you can see the format, this is something I got from a consulting course.

Next I use a spreadsheet to see how consistent I'm actually being with my goals:

Example.png

You can make a copy here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GK-iLcITNMdQYVLZN8_Bito2Ts8pUhW1G66KcAThH1k/edit?usp=sharing

Lastly I do a Green Board. a Green board is a board used by the military. What you do is write all your priorities at the top of the board. And you assign a color to it daily, red, yellow, or green. 

Your first priority is to get the most crucial things to green. Then you improve the rest of the system. 

Once everything is green. You then reset the system to all red, and try to take everything to an even higher level. You start looking at your current standard as the new problem.

You can make a copy here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mm1XWYrmUg4X2K-3CRW4rgHSW5NRk8ANGuvbNseygko/edit?usp=sharing

Affirmations

You should read your affirmations when you wake up and when you go to sleep. Your affirmations should be colorful with a lot of metaphors and exciting. Aim very big with your affirmations. Your affirmations do actually come true.

And that's it.

Edited by Sombra

@Hello from Russia  Ah I see. And yeah it's a great outline. I've used other people's journal outlines in the past, but I do like this one the most.

Mergers and Acquisition Notes: How to Pick the Right Industry- How To Avoid Picking the Wrong Industry

Here's a list of industries that are generally a pretty good idea- high margins & good against recessions:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13Fp8uZW4K5vPUFv1eG0KqUAfYJxVbJkEnCkaQ4vBXc8/edit#gid=0

The first thing to do is pick an industry you feel most passionate about. You're not just trying to make money, you have to remember that you're selling everyone on your industry- your sales staff, your board, investors, banks, etc. While you can sell anything if you need the money (so long as deals are hot and the seller is motivated), this process can become much easier for you if you somewhat like or have a past in what you are selling.

Not necessary but it helps. 

You should also find an industry you feel likey ou can add the most value in, i.e.- innovation, and other research and development factors. 

What Makes an Industry "Good" for Acquisitions?

Fragmented (over 50% of the market share is small businesses), High margins being over 15% EBITDA, even 20% is quite good, an industry that is stable and increasing in demand- so has grown in the past 3-5 years, has been around for 10-20 years.

Aside from that what makes an industry hot is knowing that there are a lot of potential acquisition targets and motivated sellers, and a large discrepancy between perceived customer value and cost to produce the product or services- example market price of prescription glasses can sell for like $100-$200 but realistically manufacturing is only about $1.50-$2.00 per pair. (this is how you get an edge over competition if you start getting brutally competitive)

Also if there are good exit options- if your industry qualifies for SBA and/or Fanny & Freddy / Government financing this is a bonus as well.

Poor Acquisition Industries

Declining or negative growth in the industry. Extremely competitive industries with little barrier to entry. Unpredictable/significant external factors (business owners like payment reimbursement risk in healthcare, government intervention, litigation, constant technological change and hyper innovation, seasonality or cyclicity that could cause a default of payments, etc)- also industries that give customers high pricing powers.

How to Learn More About Industries

Use ibisworld if you can afford it, they have great reports for virtually every industry with profit margins, growth predictions, multiples, historical numbers, market shares, barriers to entry, technological change in the industry, demand and supply determinants, etc..

Other resources like hoovers.com, dnb.com, kentleyinsights.com are ok.

If you can read annual reports from a business as well those can be quite helpful to understand the industry.

Crafting Your Investment Thesis

You should be prepared to first sell your board based on margins and above points. The next is understanding your seller. Who are the competitors in the industry and what are their advantages? How do owners of this industry typically behave? Are they gun slinging wheel and deal oil barrons, are they medical professionals... that sort of thing. Rapport is important on the sell and you need to have insight and an in to their world views.

How is the industry trending in terms of price, innovation, size and volume-- is there a ceiling of grwoth, what are the risks?

What drives the sales in the industry? What does the revenue model look like? Reoccurring or transactional? What are the contracts like? What are the expenses like? Do expenses create a barrier to entry? Where can you minimize expenses?

Who are the buyers, what are they happy about and unhappy about? Same goes for the suppliers-- whats their viewpoint on the collaboration? 

Getting this information together will help you understand when a deal is actually hot or not.

Posted (edited)

3/28 & 3/29
Miami Sound Machine - Bad Boy

I'm Grateful For:
1 America as a whole is financially prepared to withstand this economic crisis
2 That many of the comrades in America are getting government checks to buy more potatoes comrades
3 These government SBA loans hey-- 4% interest.... I can borrow up to 5 million... HMMMMMMM.

Today's Priorities:
1. Sales Pitches
2. Read a few books and take notes
3. Mergers and acquisition notes
4. Configure my email drip campaigns
5. Ask Frank what industries he's seeing huge results in

What Would Make Today Great:
1. 50 sales pitches
2. 4 books read with notes
3. 2 Mergers and acquisition notes

Current Projects:
1. GMB Optimization cont
2. National SEO campaign
3. NGO Keyword research
4. Set up new Python Script for bulk Exif markup

KPI & Metrics

Sales: 
SS Calls:
Lead Gen: 
Service Delivery: 

End of Day Review:

Wins-
1 New Partnership possible- work out deals
2 NGO onboarding work almost completed just need to do more KW research

How I'll Improve-

One Thing I Did to Scare Myself:

Final Thoughts:

So it looks like I might pick up about 500 new clients. I'll talk about this later. But I sent out a pretty informational proposal a week ago to an agency that I think does everything but SEO. The proposal had a lot of good information on it. Short to say they liked it... a lot.  

Edited by Sombra

21 hours ago, Sombra said:

had a previous blog that I deleted. And there were a lot of reasons why I decided to delete the old blog. 

One of those reasons happens to be, I was being way too soft with my verbiage in there. I made myself approachable, friendly, nice. I'm very little of those things. In fact if you're reading this, I most likely don't like you. I'd be doing something wrong if you did like me.

Yeah, I hate you, especially now. I was starting to get deep in that journal, reaching two months in, and now- damn- I hate you!  :D:ph34r:

Posted (edited)

@Alex bAlex Bahahaha well that's good ;) 

I'm going to be dropping much more fire 🔥 content in here... the real purpose honestly is just raising my own personal standard for quality of content I post.

The preframing in this journal introduction was necessary it has literally nothing to do with anyone reading my journal, but I see the preframing as a good lighting rod to churn out / turn off people who aren't actually serious about improving their lives.

I want to collaborate with people who want change not just talk about it-- and I know people will recognize that attitude... eventually.

PS- Conversely as well you probably can assume it's actually just a screen I'm using. Setting preframes generally dictate peoples experience of you / their perception-- its a human nature thing.

In game theory there's actually one place they've proven the best strategy is to start off as an asshole and turn into a nice person... that's jail. To be honest with you, I think the internet is a similar place. People say things that they would never in a million years say to someone elses face online. Because it's easy to pretend like you're tough behind a computer screen.

Therefore- I start off as a hardass on here, so if somebody does end up getting quippy with me- which I don't expect, at least it's like they saw it coming. Like babies even know not to mess with barking dogs lol... same idea here. Then again, I digress. So yeah, it's just a tool, but moreorless how I'm writing at this point is precisely how I talk to basically everyone LOL.

Edited by Sombra

Posted (edited)

Notes from the Underground: Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Fictional book that is meant to be a very realistic book similarly to All Quiet on The Northen Front... which come to think of it, if I can find where I put that book I'll read that one soon. The book is one of the first "existential" mainstream novels. It was meant to challenge peoples viewpoints on life. The book was written from the perspective of an unnamed retired Civil Servant living in St. Petersburg Russia. I'm just going to be highlighting the language I like in this book, rather than making a point of anything philosophical.

• I swear, gentlemen, that to be too conscious is an illness- a real thorough-going illness. For man's everyday needs, it would have been quite enough to have the ordinary human consciousness, that is, half or a quarter of the amount which falls to the lot of a cultivated man of our unhappy nineteenth century.

• Though, after all, everyone does do that; people do pride themselves on their diseases, and I do, may be, more than anyone. But yet I am firmly persuaded that a great deal of consciousness, every sort of consciousness, in fact, is a disease. I stick to that.

• Tell me this: why does it happend that at the very, yes, at the very moments when I am most capable of feeling every refinement of all that is "sublime and beautiful," as they used to say at one time, it would, as though of design, happen to me not only to feel but to do such ugly things, such that... Well, in short, actions that all, perhaps, commit; but which, as though purposely, occured to me at the very time when I was most conscious that they ought not to be committed. The more conscious I was of goodness and of all that was "sublime and beautiful," the more deeply I sank into my mire and the more ready I was to sink altogether. 

• But upon my word I sometimes have had moments when if I had happened to be slapped in the face I should, perhaps, have been positively glad of it. I say, in earnest, that I should probably have been able to discover even in that a peculiar sort of enjoyment-- the enjoyment, of course, of despair; but in despair there are the most intense enjoyments, especially when one is very acutely conscious of the hopelessness of one's position.

• Gentleman, let us suppose that man is not stupid. But if he is not stupid, he is monstrously ungrateful! Phenomenally ungrateful. In fact, I believe that the best definition of man is the ungrateful biped.

• Shower upon him every earthly blessing, drown him in a sea of happiness, so that nothing but bubbles of bliss can be seen on the surface; give him economic prosperity, such that he should have nothing else to do but sleep, eat cakes and busy himself with the continuation of his species, and even then out of sheer ingratitude, sheer spite, man would you some nasty trick.

• He loves the process of attaining, but does not quite like to have attained, and that, of course, is very absurd.

• You believe in a palace of crystal that can never be destroyed-- a palace at which one will not be able to put out one's tongue or make a long nose on the sly. 

• You may, perhaps, have really suffered, but you have no respect for your own suffering.

• The characteristics of our romantic are to understand everything, to see everything and to see it often incomparably more clearly than our most realistic minds see it; to refuse to accept anyone or anything, but at the same time not to despise anything; to give way, to yield, from policy.
Edited by Sombra

Posted (edited)

Thus Spake Zarathustra: Friedrich Nietzche

The novel opens with Zarathustra descending from his cave in the mountains after ten years of solitude. He is brimming with wisdom and love, and wants to teach humanity about the overman. He arrives in the town of the Motley Cow, and announces that the overman must be the meaning of the earth. Mankind is just a bridge between animal and overman, and as such, must be overcome. The overman is someone who is free from all the prejudices and moralities of human society, and who creates his own values and purpose. The people seem not to understand Zarathustra, and not to be interested in the overman.

Overman is Nietzche's philosophical hypothesis that the ultimate human being is one who is freed from moral and philosophical restraints. A person who (for better or worse) creates their own systems of beliefs based sheerly on first-hand experiences while simultaneously being able to integrate wholly into society/culture. Good examples of overmen in my opinion are Donald Trump, Winston Churchill, Elon Musk- Terrible Examples, Adolf Hitler, Fidel Castro, Joseph Stalin... etc..

In both these examples too you will easily see shades of good and evil in both. For example Winston Churchill absolutely fucked up India economically and did it on purpose. Joseph Stalin was a national hero at the time for sparking the Russian revolution- however his paranoia before WWII caused him to purge 10's of millions of people that might jeopardize the security of the country making him moreso an asshole than a hero. But you get the point, an overman has nothing to do with good or evil, it's simply an ideal to strive for while letting human nature correct any errors in the flaws of this philosophy. 

• It's good to note that Zarathustra is described as someone who loves mankind and humanity with an air of purity behind him. This suggests that Nietzche's viewpoint on a true Overman is one that will only harm people emotionally- and the ideal is to strive for such cultural / social mastery that you don't have to resort to violence- since out of any chaos makes order, you can debate that emotional chaos is not true chaos.

• He suggests every man plants their belief in the highest hope then pursues it

• Most of the world is insane.

• You should feel no shame or regret leaping over the tardy or loitering

• Zarathustra has a peace with "God" (Nietzche was atheist / agnostic) and have peace with your neighbor's "devil". Translates basically to do the right thing, what you think the right thing is, and do not concern yourself with the sufferings of others unless it is important to you.

Flashback to Mexico, my friend and I were biking back to the condo, guy falls off his bike and skids across the pavement- my friend- DUDE ARE YOU OK? Me- FRIENDSNAME, It does not concern us... Let's go. 

LOL. He's back in Tulum right now with a friend doing naked photoshoots of chicks on the beach. I'm still glad I didn't decide to join him right now lol.

• Don't concern yourself with government affairs, only your own affairs, how will the government help you when the government itself walks on crooked legs?

• The difference between a fool and a wise man are great, but at the least fools know how to sleep well.

• The thing about morals is all your passions you accomplish in your life become virtues to the fools. All the pain in your life you fought through becomes angels for the fools as well.

• Wars and battles are necessary but evil

• Aim to write in blood, not just to read and dull your spirit. Many people are writers very little have the audacity for change. Those that write with blood don't want to be read but learnt by heart.

• Life is hard to bear, but do not be delicate with it.

• There is always some madness in love, but there is always also some method in madness.

• Those who preach death are endless. The world is superfluous with these people. The preachers of death are always terrible people.

• By spreading the word of death, they are spreading self-lacerations to the whole. Beware of those that are already dead and damaging those living.

• Life is suffering, lust is sin, pity is necessary- are words from those who want to be rid of life.

• The best things in the world are worthless without great people that represent these ideas

• Great actors, entertainers, musicians, can be great or can be poison flies. 

• Believe in yourself more than you do the worth of others

• The marketplace is filled with clattering buffoons.

• Flee into solitude to understand what YOU actually value

• Too proud are people to kill their sweet tooths. 

• A friend is someone you're willing to wage war for, but to wage war means that you have to have an enemy. You should always honor the enemy within your own friend.

• You can not be friends with slaves (metaphorical slaves).

• Many die too late, some die too early

• One of the highest hopes of man is to be redeemed from revenge

• Vengeance is simply an insult against people who are not like us

• Men are not "equal" and neither will any become so- your goal is to become the overman (best version of YOURSELF)
Edited by Sombra

Posted (edited)

Affiliate SEO Marketing Research

On a live call right now with three of my business mentors. Here's some basic notes if you're interested in digital marketing!

Picking a Niche

There are 5 main things you want to consider with a niche

1) Does it interest you? You don't have to be into your niche at all if you have people writing content for you.

2) Market trends- probably not a good time to get into sports tickets, restaurants, concerts, etc... on the opposite end lawn work, gardening, dog walking, home workouts, arts and crafts, outside sports, playing instruments, follow the trends.

3) Consider competition- Look at how intense the competition actually is.

4) Keywords- how deep can you go with your actual with your niche.

5) Affiliate networks- look into commissions, and the networks in general, how much are you going to make per sale?

How to Scout The Niche's Competition

Use Keywords Everywhere tool. ($10 of credit lasts you about a year)
Ahrefs (for competition research- look at the home amount of domains and referring to domains)

If you can find websites on page one for your target keywords and there is hardly any referring domains on the homepage- you have a great niche.

We can still work around it (I personally compete all the time with high domain niches- but for most people you don't even want to bother when theres so many niches out there that can put cash in your pocket quicker)

High referring domains (1000+)

Micro Niching/ Digging Deeper

If you can find subcategories within a category, it possibly could be beneficial for you. For example, there is learn guitar online, but there's also learn jazz guitar.

There's health and fitness... but there's also yoga.

That sort of thing.

Finding Affiliate Programs

Go online and look for "best KEYWORD affiliate programs", and spend 3-4 days to see if you can get good paying commissions.

Edited by Sombra