Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jayfrost321

So drunk I literally CLOSED MY THIRD EYE

3 posts in this topic

Brief Backstory: I'm 19. The past 6 months I have been on a personal development journey after micro-dosing magic mushrooms and having several *some painful* awakening experiences. I unplugged from my brain and entered into an elevated consciousness/self and I let this higher self take over. I started realizing things about the world. Things that were stealing my energy. I saw that 99% of humans were spiritually asleep. I started meditating, retreating, travelling, connecting to earth, etc. (I opened my third eye.)

About 5 days ago I got quite drunk with a friend (once every blue moon). So drunk my third eye LITERALLY SLAMMED SHUT. I've lost connection to higher consciousness. I've plugged back into the Matrix. Reality is now external to me and not in myself. It is material and physical. Quiet. The carnal mind is all that exists to me now. From this position; it is ALL that exists and any other experience is a mental disorder/anomaly. I'm locked in the third dimension and have ego identification. Subject to suffering and survival needs. It's not exactly painful but it's a noticeable downgrade. Back to what it was like a few years ago.

I'm wondering if my whole experience was just my brain being distorted from reality or if I genuinely tapped into something beyond the physical. Although the later idea cannot be comprehended from a position of Ego. That's the thing. I 'HAVE' to reason logically that it was a sort of psychotic distortion of reality. It is absolutely freaky how this world works, I'll tell you that.

Ignorance is bliss. 

Can anybody else relate to this or understand?

Hello mate,

Yes, I have had the same on/off experience for years. I used to think it was related to my use of psychedelics - a few days, weeks or months after I dosed, I would feel great and like the world made sense. Then, before I knew it I was back to earth and stuck as myself and I didn't understand why.

In many ways, it is related to psychs, because psychs give you that key insight. But what I missed at the time was the depth of the insight. It wasn't til I started to sit for way longer - practicing the "neti, neti" method and doing nothing for at least an hour a day - that I gained the confidence to stand as awareness all the time.

At the time of writing I haven't slept for 48 hours, despite the fact that I tried. A few years ago I would panic and mope around desperately looking for somewhere to rest my head. But I'm not, because I know now beyond all doubt what the truth is. I feel it my heart and my bones. 

TLDR; Find a practice that gives you that key insight and drill the fuck out of it. 

Divest from the conceptual. Experience the actual.

@jayfrost321

Don’t sweat it, other than maybe through some exercise. Spiritual hangovers are terribly great guidance. Great teachers of letting the suffering, the thought story, go. That one kinda got big quick...’physical’, etc. Adopt the value in nipping them in the bud. The better the let go game, the sooner you’re ‘back’, and the less you’re ‘leaving’, alcohol or not. Rest assured, it’s all still consciousness, everything’s cool. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE