Greatnestwithin

Enlightened Person Dealing With Death

37 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, charlie2dogs said:

self realized have already overcome death while still living there is no such thing as death to them.  death is just a thought in your mind.

however it does matter in what state you leave the body,  either as a liberated being, or as a unconscious functioning human identity with lots of quantum memory to deal with after leaving the body.

Yes, I agree with you. It does matter 

17 hours ago, Natasha said:

A self-realized (enlightened) man would experience same emotions of sadness and grief as anyone else would upon losing a loved one. But his perspective, though, would allow him not to get attached to those feelings nor feel like a victim. He would see everything as life at play, even in the midst of a tragic event like this, and that's what would make him truly untouchable. 

"Hurts more, bothers you less" - Ken Wilber :)

17 hours ago, Greatnestwithin said:

And silence always follows as a form of answer as I ask myself from a place of genuine curiosity, like really really truly!!  who I am... 

And the answer is always the same, just silence...nothing appears in my mind. And when that happens I remain with that silence for as long as I can until a thought arises.

@Greatnestwithin Good, when you do not find yourself while inquiry remember that you are not failing. Remember, who You are is pure infinite nothingness, and this is quite impossible for the mind to grasp as it can only grasp somethingness, it cannot grasp nothingness, it wasn't made to. Leo explains this very beautifully in his Enlightenment Guided Inquiry @ 55:00. I definitely recommend you to watch it if you haven't https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq4NDMNDzSs

18 hours ago, Greatnestwithin said:

Even though dead is an illusion, is a very real one that is why I was wondering how a self- realized person would deal with dead.

A self realized person would see life and death as an illusion because he would realize that "he" was never alive to begin with, ever. The body and mind was active, sure, however, there was really no one that operated it, and ever will. A self realized person when coming to "his" demise would not flinch an ounce of fear when death arrives of the mind and body, for he has already realized the very nature of one's self and reality. That you are the Infinite, Divine, that the body/mind experiences from. There is no more identification with the body/mind, only to the divine nothingness, so then what is death of the body/mind mean to the self realized person? Yeah, it means nothing! Aha! :D 

@JustinS yes, I have watched that video. I will watch it again, I found it very usefull.

Thanks for your answer, It helps to get things in a more clear way:)

I still wonder, at what point does that silence as a form of answer become a realization, an insight?

At what point the identification with the body/mind goes? .Is it a matter of keep doing self inquiry, to keep meditating... 

@Greatnestwithin

5 hours ago, Greatnestwithin said:

I still wonder, at what point does that silence as a form of answer become a realization, an insight?

Once you fully Be it. And once experienced, it will become a Truth for yourself and not believing what others have said in the past. Then your faith of knowing will become stronger and stronger. But then again, seeking an ANSWER is the problem in itself. It's the mind/egoic needs to satisfy itself for freedom of pain. It's another paradox. At the end, you have to fully give up on finding the answers, and Be it instead. Being present to what is, and that it is all already perfect as it is, and that you are a part of something so grand whichever route you take. :) 

5 hours ago, Greatnestwithin said:

At what point the identification with the body/mind goes? .Is it a matter of keep doing self inquiry, to keep meditating... 

Yes meditating is to simply notice. You can do this every where and all the time besides sitting. Just simply notice your thoughts when they arise (be the witness), notice the body (witness). Noticing should not take any effort. Meditation should not take any effort as it not a Doing. Doing again, is something of the mind, to get somewhere other than here. Process of undoing, not doing, just being, effortlessly. Overtime you will realize the witnesser more easily and effortlessly and this will provide a gap between your body/mind. That gap is a good place to Be. :) 

"Do not be a meditator. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing." - Ajhan Chah

Just now, JustinS said:

@Greatnestwithin

Once you fully Be it. And once experienced, it will become a Truth for yourself and not believing what others have said in the past. Then your faith of knowing will become stronger and stronger. But then again, seeking an ANSWER is the problem in itself. It's the mind/egoic needs to satisfy itself for freedom of pain. It's another paradox. At the end, you have to fully give up on finding the answers, and Be it instead. Being present to what is, and that it is all already perfect as it is, and that you are a part of something so grand whichever route you take. :) 

Yes meditating is to simply notice. You can do this every where and all the time besides sitting. Just simply notice your thoughts when they arise (be the witness), notice the body (witness). Noticing should not take any effort. Meditation should not take any effort as it not a Doing. Doing again, is something of the mind, to get somewhere other than here. Process of undoing, not doing, just being, effortlessly. Overtime you will realize the witnesser more easily and effortlessly and this will provide a gap between your body/mind. That gap is a good place to Be. :) 

"Do not be a meditator. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing." - Ajhan Chah

@JustinS thank you very much for your reply. Even though I thought I knew all you have said, knew that there isn´t anything to find, that there is no answer, that we already are that which we are seeking... some part of me didn´t truly resonate with that, it was just an intellectual knowledge that I thought I knew and that I had to undestand it.

But as I was walking on my way home and reading the part of "At the end, you have to fully give up on finding the answers, and Be it instead" . When I read it, my mind stopped, I smiled, I couldn´t stop smiling, I´m even still smiling as I´m writing this. 

Thank you again for your answer. I do appreciate. 

@Greatnestwithin Yes! You are who you are looking for. The seeker is the sought. Whether you seek or not just know that it's action itself is all a part of a play realizing itself. Really freaky and awesome :) This brought a ridiculously big smile on my face as well. :D I Thank You. This is also something I am going through slowly and patiently, reminding myself over and over again.

Much Love brother. Be well. 

Edited by JustinS
Words added

1 hour ago, Greatnestwithin said:

But as I was walking on my way home and reading the part of "At the end, you have to fully give up on finding the answers, and Be it instead" . When I read it, my mind stopped, I smiled, I couldn´t stop smiling, I´m even still smiling as I´m writing this. 

@Greatnestwithin Sounds like you had your aha moment :)

There's also a similar parallel discussion is going on in the thread below, starting towards the end of page 3 and page 4, you might find helpful:

Edited by Natasha

@JustinS Yes, it is freaky and awesome. This path of self-development and enlightenment work is very paradoxical. 

Much love to you too brother!. Take care and thank you again for your help :)

@Natasha yes indeed, I had an aha moment. I´ve had several aha moments but this time was special, I literally couldn´t stop smiling when I had that aha moment. It was amazing, very profound. It didn´t last too long as I was listening to a motivational speech as I was walking so it kind of distracted me in somehow. My mind went back to focus on the meaning of the words I was listening to.

Thanks, I will check that thread.  

@Greatnestwithin After the shift happens, the perspective will keep deepening. Leo is working on the stages of enlightenment video, that would be a cool one to see.

Also, Ayla's thread "Mind Attacks After Initial Seeing' is an excellent tool to newly awakened, check it out as well:

@Greatnestwithin The stages of enlightenment video is not out yet. Leo mentioned he was just working on making one. So stay tuned.

In the realization that I experience through the mind body, I also realized there was no such thing as death, the body may die, but in true realization you realize that you are not just the body, that the body is within you, not the other way around. 

My deepest meditations come from feeling my body and its deaths imminence, just feel your heart beating, your lungs inhaling and know this machine is not built to last. Then in that slightly anxious state, feel yourself, your embodiment and some of the most profound moments can be triggered through that.

Try it mayne.

@Greatnestwithin reply to initial post. To lose something is to lose something. We prefer not to. But losing a glass that smashes on the floor is the same as a loved one. Only attached memorys are in a sense different. 

From xp: losing someone doesnt hurt, the memorys/ilusion you create can. The so called consiquenses are the same.

Edited by Bob84
Add more