Greatnestwithin

Why Does Awareness Exists?

10 posts in this topic

I was wondering this questions the other day and I thought of posting these questions and see what people would answer. 

Thanks in advance for your time.

Why does awareness even exist? How does it exist?

Infinite? ever presence? it had no beginning? How is that even possible? even knowing that time is a illusion, even if we think we know that awareness itself is not a "thing" how can it be ever presence...

"You are that in which all this experience is happening"

The universe itself resides in pure consciousness, awareness ( whichever term you want to give it). it is an ondulation of it. Nothing can pop out into existence because that would mean, that "thing,objetc etc" will cause consciousness itself to stop being infinite. as everthing resides in consciousness, from the atoms of "your" body to the universe itself.

is the universe really a percepction, an ondulation of pure consciousness? how is that possible? the possibility of infinite universes wouldn´t be such a silly thing after all. A universe could "pop out into existence" literally every single second.

is matter a perception aswell? all this universe is composed mostly of empty space.

Because there is no perceiver, does that mean that we are in fact a perception? how crazy is to even grasp it in a intellectual way... How can all this be possible?

How can our finite mind know all that. how is it possible that we have access to that information?

looking forward to know what you have to say about all this :)

Awareness also only exist at the present moment. It exists only after the senses and thoughts. Without a sense, will you have the awareness which know the sense? They happened as cause and effect nature. Awareness has to be trained. So that later it appears naturally right after all the senses and thoughts. In enlightenment experience, that awareness sees everything is not permanent and also sees itself that it is also not a permanent nature. So the mind prepare itself to let go of everything. Then.... become NOTHINGNESS.

Ya know, sometimes thinking about the magnitude of all of this can give me a sense of fear and less comfort. But I know it's just the ego. 

Consciousness doesn't really exist. It only appears to exist in the Absolute nothingness. I am nothing, you are nothing and awareness is also nothing.

There is indeed no perceiver to be found. But we are not a perception, because if we are a perception there has to be a perceiver. What 'we' are is the same consciousness/nothingness as the Absolute. Our minds don't really 'know' anything for there isn't anything to be known, the mind can throw some vague concepts around trying to define this consciousness but it cannot. And how could it? These seeming thoughts appear in the thing that it's trying to define. It's like a single cell in your big toe trying to define what the human body is, it can't be done because it can never see past the toe. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

On 6/25/2016 at 11:12 AM, Khin said:

Awareness has to be trained. So that later it appears naturally right after all the senses and thoughts.

Hello there :)

I feel like we can not articulate this way, insofar as awareness comes BEFORE, and it just IS, always, technically there is no such thing as PRESENT MOMENT! just a label or a word.  I feel like we can not even separate which one comes first( awareness-thought-sensation ), it is a bundle, if we start to separate, this notion will tacitly predicate upon the fact that time really exists. I see the whole Reality as emergent phenomena. 9_9

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

The universe itself resides in pure consciousness

uh, no

Consciousness is a local phenomenon, you are conscious, I am conscious, but your sentence makes no sense.

21 hours ago, Galyna said:

Hello there :)

I feel like we can not articulate this way, insofar as awareness comes BEFORE, and it just IS, always, technically there is no such thing as PRESENT MOMENT! just a label or a word.  I feel like we can not even separate which one comes first( awareness-thought-sensation ), it is a bundle, if we start to separate, this notion will tacitly predicate upon the fact that time really exists. I see the whole Reality as emergent phenomena. 9_9

:) Sure.... I'm not gonna say NO. But you should investigate more. 

On 30-6-2016 at 0:56 AM, Ozzy said:

uh, no

Consciousness is a local phenomenon, you are conscious, I am conscious, but your sentence makes no sense.

If consciousness is a "local phenomenon", then where does consciousness start and where does it end? When does it start and when does it end? Where exactly can it be found, and where can it absolutely not be found?

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)