Mu_

Looking to deepen your spiritual practice, I may be able to help.

10 posts in this topic

With this whole Coronavirus thing going on, I've got a lot of free time on my hands.  Lifes short, anything can happen.  If spirituality is important to you and your putting time into understanding Self/Truth/Working towards opening your heart, I may be able to offer some guidance or answer some questions holding you up. 

Or If you've gotten to know me on the forum and just want to chat, we can do that to since I'd like to meet many of you.....

Send me a PM and and we could do a skype call of some sort.  I'm not looking to make any money out of this, just share and connect.

Edited by Mu_

@Mu_ Hi. I've seem to have reached a point where I think know in which direction I must proceed, but I am unable to shake off Fear. Fear is holding me back in many ways. When I close my eyes during practices, my mind makes ghosts and demons appear before me (not literally of course), it's really silly, but it's becoming annoying, and making me sink in certain ways. I also have deeper fears - these are hard to articulate succinctly, but it's essentially that if I end up seeing something I don't want to, and something 'bad' happens. I have already had some scary experiences, like when I came out of meditation once, and felt so separated from my body that I thought I was going to "lose control".

Was wondering if I could get some advice regarding this. Thanks in advance. 

Release me.

Hi John Doe,

Ya fear appears to be a tricky one.  However stop trying to shake it off.  When you understand the Truth, you will see in retrospect that fear was never there to begin with, and was only ever you and love behind the mask of that appearance. 

This also means fear is never holding you back, because fear isn't actually there and ultimately you can't be held back, because there is only You.

The idea that you felt separated from your body and was going to lose control is just that, a feeling and idea, not actual Truth.  Notice this when it happens again, really look at if its true, or just an idea, perhaps in the head or body.

I'm sure you want something "particular" to do though in relation to these things since they seem real to begin with, but in the end any advice I could give will be a snag. 

For now, keep with meditating, and allow what you fear to be there.  Then one day say hello to the fear as though it were a friend, instead of a enemy or one to run away from.  Let your heart open for this fear and tell it you understand and don't judge it, hate it or feel it has to go away or change.  Understand the story it tells you and why its so afraid, don't judge or reject and just understand open heartedly.  Do the same for stories of anger and betrayal and regret.

You see as I've eluded to in the end its all your friend, yourself and love.  So start relating to it as such, even if it seems crazy.

Edited by Mu_

What do you say about emotions in terms of what they really are and how to develop mastery over them? 

14 minutes ago, Free Mind said:

What do you say about emotions in terms of what they really are and how to develop mastery over them? 

Thats a very broad question that I'm not clear on how it helps your particular life.  Can you narrow down your issue?  Big picture is there's only Self/Love, but if only partially understood could  cause one to miss much of the adventure/journey that is refereed to as living.

Do you want or believe there could be a mastery of certain emotions to the degree that you could feel and experience those you want, and not experience those you don't? 

What are you afraid of?

Edited by Mu_

10 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Thats a very broad question that I'm not clear on how it helps your particular life.  Can you narrow down your issue?  Big picture is there's only Self/Love, but if only partially understood could  cause one to miss much of the adventure/journey that is refereed to as living.

Do you want or believe there could be a mastery of certain emotions to the degree that you could feel and experience those you want, and not experience those you don't? 

What are you afraid of?

Does an existential understanding of yourself via self-inquiry or whatever else grant mastery over survival emotions like jealousy, envy, powerlessness, anxiety, etc.? I want to reach a point in my life where I’m never affected by these feeling-sensations ever again. They may arise in awareness, but I want to have the mastery/understanding that allows me to see them so transparently that it’s safe to say that I’ve conquered them for good. 

I want to know if this kind of emotional mastery is possible in your opinion/experience and how being conscious of what you are plays into that.

Still a pretty broad question, I know, I am talking about emotions as a phenomenon but I do emphasis the more survival oriented emotions more. 

Thanks

On 3/28/2020 at 0:21 AM, Free Mind said:

Does an existential understanding of yourself via self-inquiry or whatever else grant mastery over survival emotions like jealousy, envy, powerlessness, anxiety, etc.? I want to reach a point in my life where I’m never affected by these feeling-sensations ever again. They may arise in awareness, but I want to have the mastery/understanding that allows me to see them so transparently that it’s safe to say that I’ve conquered them for good. 

I want to know if this kind of emotional mastery is possible in your opinion/experience and how being conscious of what you are plays into that.

Still a pretty broad question, I know, I am talking about emotions as a phenomenon but I do emphasis the more survival oriented emotions more. 

Thanks

So currently you feel as though emotions control you instead of you controlling emotions?  Why not just let emotions be around, whats wrong with the presence of emotions.  How are them being there any different then air in the room?  This isn't a trick question or something to lightl agree with, unless it hits you deeply.  Really look into this, it may point to what you seek.

My experience with this matter in relation to this question you could say is like a fundamental aspect of ones script can be completely rewritten to the degree where needing to control emotions may become something silly to try to do, or even the notion of emotions being a problem doesn't even occur.  Sure discomfort can happen, and pains in the body are there, and even old habits of not liking this or that thing or emotion can happen, but it can pass so quickly its literally forgotten to ever have happened and at other times sometimes it lingers, but overall it seems there is less fighting and a deep sense of there not being a problem about such things.

9 hours ago, Mu_ said:

So currently you feel as though emotions control you instead of you controlling emotions?  Why not just let emotions be around, whats wrong with the presence of emotions.  How are them being there any different then air in the room?  This isn't a trick question or something to lightl agree with, unless it hits you deeply.  Really look into this, it may point to what you seek.

My experience with this matter in relation to this question you could say is like a fundamental aspect of ones script can be completely rewritten to the degree where needing to control emotions may become something silly to try to do, or even the notion of emotions being a problem doesn't even occur.  Sure discomfort can happen, and pains in the body are there, and even old habits of not liking this or that thing or emotion can happen, but it can pass so quickly its literally forgotten to ever have happened and at other times sometimes it lingers, but overall it seems there is less fighting and a deep sense of there not being a problem about such things.

Thanks a lot, that was very helpful