PlayTheGame

Psychedelics & DPDR

53 posts in this topic

I kinda got over my fear of bad tripping, however im still not sure if i want to trip because im having some DPDR symptoms, which are slowly getting better, after a really shocking weed induced spiritual experience.

Im not afraid of a bad trip, or not surrendering, since the trip will end so thats that.

what im afraid of is that for long periods or for the rest of my life i will have DPDR if i try 5meo or nndmt, since they are so strong.

But then on the other hand maybe the trips will cure this, since DPDR actually feels like ego games, it feels like the ego taking a metaphysical position which is of course impossible.

Does anyone have experience with these symptoms and using psychedelics.

Thanks!

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."

-Nikola Tesla

Discovering there is no self (who you thought you were your whole life) is basically DP/DR. 

DP/DR is basically just a modern term with a negative connotation in an extremely limited and outdated paradigm.

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@TrynaBeTurquoise Lol, i dont think you understand this bro. So all enlightened people have hella intrusive thoughts, anxiety and cant stay present to the moment? And get scared of mirrors?

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."

-Nikola Tesla

@PlayTheGame Let me put it this way

The goal of spiritual development is discovering who you actually are.

The goal of bodybuilding is getting bigger muscles.

A person who is stuck in a limited paradigm will discover that they are not who they thought they were and will freak out because of this (DP/DR) because of their deep rooted beliefs.

That would be like a person who lifted some weights for the first time and their muscles got sore would start freaking out because they though their body was dying or that their muscles were coming down with some sort of negative condition. 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

interesting. But then again, resisting the enlightenment will be done by an opposite force, thats what resistance is. so DPDR is actually the opposite of enlightenment in your definition. @electroBeam

@TrynaBeTurquoiseSo you are saying its just ego backlash/opposite reaction like i said, and i shouldnt worry? its actually sign of progress?

Because there are trip reports of ayahuasca online of people who did ayahuasca and now have DPDR for years.

Have you guys actually experienced these symptoms?

-Nikola Tesla

Point is if you think DP/DR is a real thing, or think you are being negatively affected by this condition, you aint ready to take psychedelics. 

"Depersonalization/derealization disorder involves a persistent or recurring feeling of being detached from one's body or mental processes, like an outside observer of one's life (depersonalization), and/or a feeling of being detached from one's surroundings (derealization)."

So basically if you don't have this condition, you subscribe to the idea you ARE attached to your body/mental processes which in reality you are NOT. see how silly this is? 

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

“Feeling like an observer of your own life” is not in the eckhart tolle way with DPDR, but in a horror movie type of way. I dont even have it that seriously compared to other people.  

Thanks for your thoughts, i think there’s definitely some truth in it, but i really think i need someone who has experience with these symptoms to talk to. 

-Nikola Tesla

@TrynaBeTurquoise Also bro, what about the many people with DPDR who have never even heard of enlightenment? and these people also can recover without spirituality.

Also the visual symptoms of DPDR like visual snow have nothing at all to do with enlightenment.

so I think you must be wrong.

-Nikola Tesla

@PlayTheGame You were never a person and nothing is real, that’s why people say it’s dreamlike. You’re seeing the illusion of reality.

@Red-White-Light how does this explain visual snow & people who never heard of spirituality having this disorder&recovering. I get that the description of the disorder looks close to some enlightenment principles but that doesnt mean its the same thing.

-Nikola Tesla

@PlayTheGame  I do have depersonalization disorder and some derealization around evening and the 'visual Snow'. What I can tell you is that there are distinctions between this disorder and spiritual concepts like no self, non-duality ect...But only you could make those distinctions. It's important to tell the difference now because it's easy to conflate this disorder to some spiritual concepts. The good news is that very few people will ever experience permanent depersonalization derealization, and sometimes it comes and goes. For a newbie, it's important to clearly understand these seperations. I've done self-inquiry in the past, and it intensified this disorder, but I managed to keep myself together.

Talk to a really good therapist and seek professional help if you suffer the more intense forms from it.

@Danioover9000 Thanks for this answer brother. So do you recommend doing self-inquiry or psychedelics at all if I have a disposition for DPDR? Keeping my mental health is more important for me than Awakening.

Good luck with your dirsorder bro, I hope you recover.

-Nikola Tesla

On 3/25/2020 at 8:03 PM, PlayTheGame said:

I kinda got over my fear of bad tripping, however im still not sure if i want to trip because im having some DPDR symptoms, which are slowly getting better, after a really shocking weed induced spiritual experience.

Im not afraid of a bad trip, or not surrendering, since the trip will end so thats that.

what im afraid of is that for long periods or for the rest of my life i will have DPDR if i try 5meo or nndmt, since they are so strong.

But then on the other hand maybe the trips will cure this, since DPDR actually feels like ego games, it feels like the ego taking a metaphysical position which is of course impossible.

Does anyone have experience with these symptoms and using psychedelics.

Thanks!

@PlayTheGame I have DPDR and many intense weed-induced spiritual experiences as well.  I have a very hard time surrendering, and the DPDR can last several months to a year sometimes.  I'm kind of in the same boat.  I feel like the weed is enough for me, and that 5-meo would probably be too much.  

You are the one who knows yourself best.  If the opportunity came about to do 5-meo, I wouldn't say no.  But, the more anxious you are about it, the more of a negative connotation will be wrapped around the potential experience for you.  Keep an open mind <3 

11 hours ago, PlayTheGame said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise Also bro, what about the many people with DPDR who have never even heard of enlightenment? and these people also can recover without spirituality.

I'm one of these people.  I had no idea what enlightenment was, and it took me many years to find out what was happening to me.  Leo mentioned in a video about the "Metaphysical Orgasm" and I knew I was still on the right track! :x

There exist thousands of different states of consciousness. Depresonalization disorder is one of those states, but it is NOT Awakening.

Are you conscious that you are God? No? When you look at your body is it crystal clear that it is God? No? When you look at a lamp, is it cryatal clear that the lamp is God? No? Is it cryatal clear what the word "God" means? No? Is it crystal clear that birth and death are imaginary? No?

Then you ain't Awake. You are in some other state.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

15 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There exist thousands of different states of consciousness. Depresonalization disorder is one of those states, but it is NOT Awakening.

is it cryatal clear that the lamp is God? No?

Its not crystal clear that the lamp is God, because there is no lamp ;) 

@PlayTheGame I've had weed induced DPDR. Later, after it resolved did 5-MeO, DPT, 1-p LSD, 2CB and never had any problems with it. Classic serotonergic psychedelics don't tend to induce DPDR. Stay away from salvia Divinorum and high doses of weed

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

13 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

Stay away from salvia Divinorum

Salvia will fuck you up for sure.

It's like smoking a haunted crocodile.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

whats a safe dose, apart from 0? 2x?

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura Interesting. My salvia trip was remarkably not that frightening. I mean I lost 100% motor and visual function, and sense of having a body, and literally became different objects in the room. But neither panic nor dread came into it. In the back of my mind I still had the feeling of knowing I was on a drug, and that I would be back in 10 minutes, even if I couldn't articulate it in English thoughts in my mind.

By the way what is your sleep schedule like, isn't it like 4 am in Las Vegas lol? Do you have a regular sleep pattern or do you just sleep at your leisure?

hrhrhtewgfegege