caelanb

I am a little confused

38 posts in this topic

@caelanb I've never done psychedelics either, too young. Meditation is good. Simply contemplating can get you far, as well as watching Leo's videos.

You should slowly build your foundation of knowledge through the older and more "basic"  videos instead of jumping straight to the radical ones about "What God is" and all that, because it can be very hard to understand if you don't have a good basis of knowledge to begin with.

My first video of Leo was the one about what God is, and although I didn't think he was wrong or lying, I had no idea what the hell he was talking about.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

If it's as simple as you are god, and all there is is the present moment and just being, why can't you just start watching the radical stuff because it goes straight to the point of what his entire channel is about?

:D

1 hour ago, caelanb said:

I think I have a curiosity for the nature of reality because Leo's videos have gotten be wondering about it. However, I still get distracted with life which makes me ask myself why all this matters in the first place when I can just live life, which is what I have been doing my entire life. But if I decide to the pursue discovering the nature of reality, how do I balance it with my life. Does Leo's video on this topic give good insight? It's also hard to become innately interested when no one has spoken to me about this stuff, apart from the occasional person who brings up a philosophical theory during a conversation or something because it can be applied to the situation in some way. 

I have been watching his brain video, and it does make sense to me, however it's crazy to think about. My dad says that 99% of the material in the universe was created within just 1 second. And that everything started within single point which came from nothing, leading to the big bang. I am having a trouble connecting this to what Leo is, because I don't if the 'nothing' that science refers to is the same as the same nothing that Leo is referring too.

I have no access to psychedelics so I'll just stick with the other stuff. However, I feel like the holotropic breathing will cause me to hyperventilate or something. But for meditation, which I have been doing for a while now, and I feel like I have not been making any progress with it due to every day being the same without new insights or anything. How long and how often should I meditate for? Currently I meditate for about 15 to up to 21 minutes per day.

Thank you everyone

If you're having problems reconciling your materialistic beliefs with these new insights, I recommend watching the video "Understanding How Paradigms Work". It's really integral in breaking free from materialistic dogma, and it's arguably the one video that has had the biggest impact on me opening my mind. Even though it takes a very critical look on things like science, it doesn't mean science is stupid or useless, but it's just recontextualized. Stick with your meditation habit, don't be afraid to sit longer if you feel like it.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 hours ago, caelanb said:

If it's as simple as you are god, and all there is is the present moment and just being, why can't you just start watching the radical stuff because it goes straight to the point of what his entire channel is about?

are you god? How often do you have a thought and get distracted from this? I'm gunna assume a lot. How deep my meditations go is how much monkey mind I get. Sometimes I'll have this radical insights other times I'm lost in thoughts. What effects my meditation is my diet, habits, and my daily life. How are you feeling on a constant basis? Honestly what is it that you truly seek? 

I personally really enjoyed what @Osaid posted, Solid advice. 

I strongly recommend "The mind illuminated" as it helped me understand the stages of meditation. It's great for beginners and experienced people. I'm someone who doesn't take psychedelics as well, so my advice may differ from someone who has. Just from my own experiences you can go plenty deep. 

Thank you, as I'm practicing how to give advice. Feedback on what is helping and what is not would be welcome. Thank you for being open

@caelanb The implications of being god are way more radical than you probably think. There is wayyy more to his channel than simply figuring out that you are god, even though a lot of his videos essentially stem from that idea. Like what does that even mean? What are the actual implications of that? How does that affect your entire life? How can you use that knowledge?

In order to even get a full grasp of that idea you need to learn about consciousness, religion, etc. which are found in a lot of his other videos.

You can try watching his newer more radical ones but don't be surprised if you find it confusing or don't understand it too well.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

So maybe I should just not bother to look at the more radical videos? I think the only reason I am even watching them is because they are radical, which is making me question my own beliefs system and the world around me. I kinda see what you mean about 

11 hours ago, Osaid said:

Like what does that even mean? What are the actual implications of that? How does that affect your entire life? How can you use that knowledge?

On one hand, I may think this god he speak of does not change my life at all, because I can chose to ignore it and not watch any videos, but on the other hand, it means everything, because it literally is my life and everything I have known, know and will ever know. But this feels pretty crazy to me, and I can only conceptual it right now.

Are his older videos, like the ones from the playlist Foundations of Self-Actualization good? I feel like they are outdated/not as important as the more profound ones. I guess I'm asking, Are there some video that are not important, or are they all important and I should watch all of them (even the ones on addictions and making girls squirt)

@SilentTears Are you asking how I feel like on a daily basis, during the day, or both? I think I seek the God that talks about (which if you were to ask the average person what god they think Leo is talking about they would probably answer, it's Leo's god) because that's what many of his videos stem from as @Osaid said. However, from watching a bit of his Live Enlightenment video, a part of me wants to think that he is acting/faking it, or just in some trance, which repels me from listening to what he has to say.

I think the problem I am faced with is if all of what he is saying is true (which it seems to be because, other sources and teaches that I have watched say somewhat of the same thing) than it means everything, but if non of it is true, than it means nothing.

Edited by caelanb

@caelanb Yes, a lot of the videos in that playlist are good and very important. But, not all of them. I would recommend just scrolling through the titles and seeing which one seems like it could be very useful and fundamental. The one about learning to be funny, for example, doesn't seem that important to me. But who knows, might be a big deal for you. (I highly recommend starting out with "Grasping The Illusory Nature of Thought", It's a pretty good one)

It is true, however, that some of his videos are kind of outdated. But a lot of the videos on the playlist are not.

Good rule of thumb is if it is 6 years old, and he is farther away from the camera than usual and the audio quality is a bit lower, then there is a chance the stuff there might be a little outdated.

By the way, that addiction one is actually super important. You might think it does not apply to you, but it applies to basically everyone.

Also, this idea of God Leo talks about is basically what every religion and spiritual teaching is trying to point people towards. It is not some new concept he made up. 

Edited by Osaid

Great thx, that's something i'll have to watch a well. Currently I'm watching some of the basics, such as the mechanics of beliefs and how paradigms work. However, it does get little boring due to the length of the video and probably also due to me wanting to watch something that is more entertaining than some guy talking about beliefs, and how they work lol.

@caelanb Idk man. The video about paradigms was one of the first of Leo's videos I watched and it was the most interesting thing I had ever come across at that time. This was 3-4 years ago just before I started meditating, and I was very much established in stage green (smoked a lot of weed haha), but I was still heavily attached to the dogmas of stage orange, and it really spoke to the intuitions and doubts I had for many years. Where would you personally place yourself in the Spiral Dynamics model?

Do the stages of spiral dynamics really represent all of society is what I am wondering. This is because there such a huge variety of people in the world. I don't know where I would to place myself, I think maybe green but could be a bit of orange too. My question is if spiral dynamics has actual real life implications (which doesn't seem to be the case due it not being taught in universities or spoken about in society), how do I truly find out where I am?

Edited by caelanb

@caelanb It's just a model, but it's a good one. All models are limited but useful.  Spiral Dynamics covers a wide range of developmental stages: everything from native tribes to Star-Trek-esque civilizations. The fact that it isn't taught in university says more about education than Spiral Dynamics. Also, society at large (atleast the developed world) is mainly blue-orange, sometimes a little green. You wouldn't expect Spiral Dynamics (a stage yellow framework) to be talked about much in a stage orange society. You can only make an assumption of where you are on the model, and of course you can trick yourself if you don't have a good understanding of it. It's also not black-or-white: you can have different aspects of yourself in different stages etc. I suggest doing some research (Leo's videos are excellent) before trying to make up your mind.

@caelanb Lol when I started I didn't like how long the videos were but now I wish they were longer.

It's pretty hard to fit all that knowledge even with an hour long video.

Also, I find all of it pretty interesting so it goes by pretty quick.

Edited by Osaid

@Carl-RichardI’ve seen a few of his videos on spiral dynamics, they are very long but interesting. In my opinion he as well as spiral dynamics do make a lot of generalizations and assumptions about people and things which may not always be true.

@Osaid I’m trying to find a way I can make it less boring for me to watch the entire video. I think that maybe trying to reflect and think about what the meaning and implications of what he is actually saying could be a good one. Sometimes it’s hard for me to see what he is saying about a topic because he uses generalizations as an example to prove his point or a chosen a specific group of people that seem to fit what he is talking about. I also find that he could be a little bit nicer in the way he speaks, maybe calmer and more polite, like not saying ‘the problem is’, or ‘most people don’t have ...’ or ‘aren’t aware of this’. But enough about my critic of Leo.

Edited by caelanb

On 29.3.2020 at 10:05 PM, caelanb said:

@Carl-Richard In my opinion he as well as spiral dynamics do make a lot of generalizations and assumptions about people and things which may not always be true.

Would be interested to hear about some specific examples :)

On 3/27/2020 at 11:24 PM, Carl-Richard said:

If you're having problems reconciling your materialistic beliefs with these new insights, I recommend watching the video "Understanding How Paradigms Work". It's really integral in breaking free from materialistic dogma, and it's arguably the one video that has had the biggest impact on me opening my mind. Even though it takes a very critical look on things like science, it doesn't mean science is stupid or useless, but it's just recontextualized. Stick with your meditation habit, don't be afraid to sit longer if you feel like it.

Forgot how good this is. "What's needed is a discontinuous  jump"  

@caelanb just look at the body where are you? If you open your head is just brain there. So where are you? Try to concentrate your right arm, you wont feel your left arm when you concentrate only your right arm ( If you are body, you must feel all entire body). Additionally, normally you dont you feel your stomach now or head, you just feel them when you have pain or overeat vs.. Therefore , you are not the body, you are the thing that is aware of the body, and you exist as nothing. When you look at the body you are nowhere but you can feel. Thats why you are nothing. Shapeless, which can be anything . 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Well in one of his newest episode he says that schools don't actually teach kids how to learn, that they just fill kids minds with 'a bunch of ideologies', which is not entirely true, and also kind of a negative way of looking at the education system. Also in his self love video he says that if Aliens come to Earth and provide scientists a message about something important (self-love), the scientists would just disregard it as non-important, which we don't actually know if that is the case, because it assumes all scientists think in only one way. In general, I find that when he gives examples of certain things like how people were raised, or what people that of as being good and bad, he mostly sticks with the negative side, and not so much the positive (living through death, rape, homicide... to become god, while mostly ignoring that brighter side of life), which could be true to one extent, but I feel it to be a generalization that everything in this world is negative and that everyone had negative upbringing, which is not true. I think he just talks too much about the darker side of humanity rather than the brighter side, and frequently assumes that to be true for most if not everyone people.

Edited by caelanb

@caelanb Much of this work is about recognizing, working through and accepting the darker aspects of life, which is what most people ignore because it makes them feel comfortable with where they are, which is also why most people are stuck.