PlayTheGame

Leo saying sadhguru is not awake

382 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

Therefore I HAVE to ask, what is Death really, according to Your experience with the truth?

Death is something Consciousness imagines, like Santa Claus.

If you didn't think about it, it could not exist.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Even more fundamental than psychedelics is contemplation and deconstruction.

@Leo Gura why is contemplation (assuming you mean thinking deeply) so important? Isn’t thinking, logic, and words limited? Dont you think perception or “looking at reality without words” is more important?

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

Could we then say that because the collective consciousness of humanity believes death and aging to be a part of "reality" it is what we experience in "reality"?

So, if most people on earth stopped believing in aging and death, then humans would stop aging and dropping dead? 

Edited by WHO IS

Just now, Derek White said:

@Leo Gura (assuming you mean thinking deeply)

No that's not contemplation!

Contemplation is asking a question, and doing concentration awareness on the answer Lots and lots of fucken concentration and focus on the answer. In other words, deconstruction. 

5 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

No that's not contemplation!

Contemplation is asking a question, and doing concentration awareness on the answer Lots and lots of fucken concentration and focus on the answer. In other words, deconstruction. 

Oh okay.

@Leo Gura hey you should start a new dedicated thread where people ask you questions since you’re activity replying to them.

14 minutes ago, Derek White said:

@Leo Gura why is contemplation (assuming you mean thinking deeply) so important? Isn’t thinking, logic, and words limited? Dont you think perception or “looking at reality without words” is more important?

Observation is important, but observation is toothless without questioning and seeking to understand.

Words and logic is just a medium. It is a limited medium but we gotta start somewhere. You can get pretty far with some basic thinking and questioning.

Like question, What is consciousness? That can take you far.

The deepest answers will not be verbal or logical. But it's hard to reach there without verbal questioning and careful thinking.

You are gonna be thinking regardless, so really this is a matter of how quality is your thinking.

13 minutes ago, WHO IS said:

So, if most people on earth stopped believing in aging and death, then humans would stop aging and dropping dead? 

No, humans are not real things. So them dropping "dead" is not really death.

You are not a human. You are Consciousness.

@Leo Gura Of course, I didn't mean to imply that understanding and deconstructing reality in your own experience is absolutely key. 

I also didn't mean to imply to become a teachers sheep, teachers are helpful guidance but it's YOU that has to understand this in your own direct experience, not simply start parroting teachers or practicing without true understanding of why you are etc :)

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@Leo Gura Humm... Okay, I agree.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The deepest answers will not be verbal or logical. But it's hard to reach there without verbal questioning and careful thinking.

I feel like I got there and then I fell into the trap of discarding all thinking and question and just “being”. And now it seems like I have ADHD lol. Questioning can orient you to specific sections of reality.

Like, you’re not going to understand how computers work by just observing one. You would have to ask, “how does the mouse work? And observe the mouse and then do it with other parts of the computer and so on. 

Leo, then what's stopping Consciousness to imagine that "miraculously" due to lets say...evolutionary upgrade(or any other story explanation), humans as species would stop aging?

@Derek White Insights can come spontaneously without questioning, but they are much more likely to come when you actively question.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Derek White Insights can come spontaneously without questioning, but they are much more likely to come when you actively question.

Yea.

It’s hard cause thinking also causes a lot of our problems. So it’s easy for... the lack of a better word... our ego... to completely discard it and feel relieved. It takes a lot of awareness to think without hurting oneself. Not identifying with thoughts.

@LfcCharlie4 Many of the other teachers it seems are teaching people to be happy and satisfied by connecting with being. Sort of like, being at peace no matter what the outside situation is. Leo’s includes that but he goes further in a sort of a scientific way. Besides he resonates with me, it’s hard to resonate with Sadhguru who’s really old, has been naturally conscious since birth, been working for the past 3 life times, etc. etc. Plus he doesn’t even talk about spirituality nowadays, his content is a lot more social and political in nature. If you have a teacher that you think you resonate with you more than I would love for you to share it. Pm me if you don’t want to share it publicly.

So much hamster wheel running,...haha, being transcends it....awareness is freed from the 'vice'. Awaken to being aware.

@Derek White Yeah I wasn't saying Sadhguru, he has to water down so much due to the nowadays billions he speaks to, I'll PM you, but like I said if you resonate with Leo, stick with it! 

I just found 1-1 sessions with teacher so helpful and effective :) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

10 hours ago, electroBeam said:

You guys just need to do the practices and stop worrying about what Leo thinks, or what anyone thinks on this forum.

Your direct experience > opionions of others.

did you mean 

your opinion > opinions of others ?

because i can tell you right now — that’s a trap. not saying you wanted to express that but some people will still recive that as the ultimate truth. not saying it could not be changed although changing that would probably be one of the awakenings only a change of perspective could make you change into which is only achievable by change of perspective into understanding that opinion has not much to do with awakening, although it has.

Edited by remember

5 hours ago, Artaemis said:

@Preety_India @Anna1  

The feminine techniquely isn't 'untrue' since both masculine and feminine are always valid. However in this corner of the universe 'identifying the other as God' is untrue. Since there are no others but Self. But the feminine naturally manifests that spiritual quality so it is equally valid and true as the Self.

Also I'm a girl.

5 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Lot of word salad. Pfft!! 

The feminine/masculine labels stuck on these two approaches mean very little, but help to explain and separate two approaches. Masculine says "I am God, I seek truth". Feminine says I am creation, I seek love. Yet there is no Truth without Love. And there is no Love without Truth. 

Like in the story of Narcissus, masculine is Narcissus, Feminine is echo. There is neither narcissist nor empath, male or female, each is only embodying part of the whole, creating the other as a pointer to wholeness. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

7 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Masculine says "I am God, I seek truth". Feminine says I am creation, I seek love. Yet there is no Truth without Love. And there is no Love without Truth. 

Who made these approaches? This forum? 

Which school of thought? 

Which book? 

Smh

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

As per my thinking, I recognize masculine and feminine as 2 energies that control the flow of the universe 

Masculine for protection. 

Feminine for care and growth 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India You? Me? God? No one? Seeking credibility in authority kind of defeats the purpose of spirituality and integrating the two, doesn't it? If something doesn't resonate skip over it. The further you go sometimes the stranger the analogies, symbolism and language gets. Every statement is a half truth, so if you react against it as false it's helpful to take a step back and ask ourselves what in us brought about a reaction. 

The entire purpose of an insight is to both feel and know at the same time, it's where knowledge and love and being come together. If we spend our time just looking for stuff that doesn't fit into what we already know or are willing to consider as valid, we don't get new insights. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost