PlayTheGame

Leo saying sadhguru is not awake

382 posts in this topic

How can you even say whos awake and who isn’t. Like you can peek into someone’s mind. 

We dont even know if Leo’s awake. I mean it feels like Leo went from radical openmindedness and true skepticism to denying others being awake. If you are so openminded how can you be so close minded to say that other people are not awake? And call yourself the most awake? 

i know I shouldn’t be so concerned with Leo’s opinions but I can’t be the only one who sees this change from skepticism to authoritarian speak. Look at the tone he uses, he doesn’t say, “I don’t think X is awake” but he says “X is not awake”. That doesn’t seem to be in the spirit of this forum.

in another thread where someone criticized Leo for Leo thinking hes the sole authority on consciousness, Leo just responded with that he thinks “Leo is everyone & everyone is perfect” which is just diverting the criticism and not an answering at all to the criticism.

But hey, maybe i’m wrong. Maybe Leo truly is the most enlightened wizardlord ever lol. But if then I still dont understand why you would speak in this way? I thought the last ox picture was just a guy enjoying his and everyones time. 

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."

-Nikola Tesla

16 minutes ago, PlayTheGame said:

I thought the last ox picture was just a guy enjoying his and everyones time. 

Maybe the ox is a strangeloop. What happens if the guy in the last picture forgets and starts searching, AGAIN??? xDxDxD Hold on, that's NOT WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR! 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Meta-Man ???? 

That is peak enlightenment, the Heroin and Meth users have been so close for so long, just needed a different drug. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

5-its all about MEo dmt

Dont look at me! Look inside!

All the teachers always let their dogma get in the way. Notably, their dogma against "drugs" which (ironically) stems from ignorance haha. Leo is emptier than anyone i have ever known or heard of. People think "aw no, gotta do the path a certain way...no 5meo" but leo takes the most powerful traditions (Vendanta, buddhism, hinduism etc.) then identifies all of the most powerful techniques in each practise, then purifies them to make them even stronger, puts them all together...then combines this with a handful the most powerful psychedelics known to man and allows his intuitive voice guide him...all while, still remaining empty of dogma. This level of emptiness and purity...nobody else has this. Sure, maybe a few rare cases of people who practise one powerful technique...but all at the same time? from every direction? On 5-MeO-DMT? haha, nah. I dont think we actually realise what is happening here. I mean, holy fuck...this isint ground breaking......this is fucking something else. Leo hasnt just tamed the Ox and brought it home...the ox has started smoking 5meo with him hahahahahah. Im telling you, this is not normal. Not even for enlightenment. I hope to go as deep as leo. i will dedicate my life to it. This is something very very fucking special. something is happening here

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Apparently the enlightened masters aren't awake when compared to the depths of 5 meo states.

:S:S

I'll pass 

I also think that its ignorant to state who's enlightened and who's not. You can judge person based of clarity of his actions and his life but to say with 100% certainty this one is awake and this one is not seems very naive.

2 hours ago, PlayTheGame said:

How can you even say whos awake and who isn’t. Like you can peek into someone’s mind.

Leo talks about the big picture. As well as he understands that awaking is not a black and white thing. It's some grade (which changes of course). But in order to bring you a big picture - that's a way to do it. And yes he will be correct only in 98% cases, so what? Does it change the idea he is trying to tell?

And it's quite easy to see who is awake if you are at some particular stage of your development. If you are let's say deep in stage green - you can be very awake comparing to the majority of red or blue stage people and you will be able to feel it. But you can be totally sleeping for Leo.

@PlayTheGame But I guess the more important question for you to answer - why it triggers you (not what's wrong with Leo).

?

It could very well be as simple as this: this is his passion. One, among many, of his values is understanding. Because he loves understanding reality, he can dedicate most of his time and energy developing how he understands, how he researches, how he thinks easier than somebody who doesn't share that same love of understanding. This flourishes into eventually his website and his spiritual path.

So the big take away is find what values you love and develop in that direction.

@Dima It triggers mostly because of the tone in which Leo talks, saying "X is not awake." instead of "I dont think X is awake". Because this goes against the skepticism style of thinking.

But yes, my worldview has been changing a lot over the last few months, and im suffering some DPDR symptoms, including intrusive thoughts of things that Leo said about reality. I'm not sure whats true anymore in the actual sense, not just philosophically. So that probably triggers me. I think that if he used a more questioning tone instead of the authoritarian tone these intrusive thoughts would be less agressive. Im not blaming him for my problems but it feels like this authoritarian tone is just not a good way if you want to help students which (almost) all have a fearing ego mind.

Plus i think its pretty hypocritical if you advocate radical openmindedness and skepticism to use this authoritarian tone.

"The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."

-Nikola Tesla

It’s possible to some degree to tell how awake someone is based on what they say.  Based on all the videos I’ve watched of Sadhguru, I gotta say I’m not really that impressed either. He’s a smart guy and all, but I definitely don’t think he has as deep of a grasp on the metaphysical nature of reality as Leo does. It doesn’t seem like he’s even as awake as Alan Watts.  Then again, he doesn’t tend to get too metaphysical with his general audience. Maybe he could surprise me.  

Either way, it doesn’t matter. Caring about how awake Leo thinks someone is is just a distraction from doing the work. Just do the work if you want to see for yourself how awake it’s possible to become.  

@The Lucid Dreamer Its true, im still a noob at spirituality and im not even sure how deep i want to pursue it. But don't you agree that Leo should know how to adress his 'students'? IMO his authoritarian tone is not good for low level students like me who are just getting in. "Awake" people might not give a fuck how he talks because they have a ton of experiences themselves. But the tone he uses scares me off/even angers me a bit, and gives me intrusive thoughts & anxiety, which cant be in the right direction of spiritual awakening right? maybe im alone in this.

Like you said we have to do the work ourselves, and Leo isn't my authority figure. But he is a teacher and im just giving my feedback as a student. Good teachers learn from their students because they are not teaching for themselves, but for the students.

-Nikola Tesla

@PlayTheGame  It's not fair to Leo for his students to dicatate how he should and shouldn't act based on how it makes them feel.

Leo is on his path. We are lucky he's bringing us along. All of the work on the forum is made possible by Leo.

He deserves the right to be a dick and not have everyone freak out and start projecting all their problems onto him.

Everything we do is for ourselves. 

Leo does all this for his own understanding of himself, make no mistake about it.

@PlayTheGame He has his own style, maybe he will change it in the future or not. Some people resonate with his direct way of communicating, others prefer a more indirect or more friendly way of learning things. 

If you dont understand something, there is so much stuff on his youtube channel. Start there.

@Raptorsin7  Is that really true? he considers himself a teacher, and a teacher should care to how well his teachings are grasped by his students. Especially if you have 900k+ subs. Do you really thing he makes actualized.org videos all for himself? then why would he upload it to his youtube channel?

Yeah he has the right to be a dick, same that hitler had the right to murder all the jews. in the absolute sense everything has the right.

Do you think giving feedback to teachers has absolutely no value?

If the consensus on this forum is that Leo is not a teacher than i don't understand this whole actualized.org business anymore.

-Nikola Tesla

@universe  yeah I assumed every noob like me would have these feelings, im probably wrong about that now that i realize it. I guess his direct style is just not for my mental state. But still giving my feedback as a student should to his teacher.

-Nikola Tesla

3 hours ago, PlayTheGame said:

How can you tell if someone can speak English or not?