Bluff

I feel Leo is falling into a trap - there are no stages of awareness

92 posts in this topic

Lately I hear Leo say very often "there are many degrees of conciousness and one is deeper than the other" 

Every conscious being is conscious in the same way. Conciousness is the underlying substance by which all experience is known. Therefore the highest insight that you can have is 'I am conscious that I am concious; and Counsciousness is all there is' 

How could you go any deeper? From there on, it is only the mind that deepens and manifests that understanding and aligns to the truth. That might go on and 'improve' forever; deeper and deeper. 

There is an infinite amount of experiences that you can have. But you may not say that one is deeper than the other. What makes an experience seem deeper than anothers is the intensity and 'importance' your mind feels relativ to it. In the end all there is to an experience, is the knowing of the experience. Knowing is all there is

Edited by Bluff

21 minutes ago, Bluff said:

Therefore the highest insight that you can have is 'I am conscious that I am concious; and Counsciousness is all there is' 

That's only the beginning.

You are taking your default state so for granted.

What I'm talking about is not just mind experiences, but degrees of awakeness.

Not everyone is conscious in the same way.

There is much more to this than you can imagine. So keep an open mind.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Then the "absolute" isn't really the absolute?

Are the deeper degrees of awakeness just a further transcendence of ego, or is the "default" state already free of ego... 

and the deeper states are just something that I just don't understand? 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's what I said. 

What follows is post-enlightenment. Integrating the absolute understanding into the finite mind. This is all that deepens. 

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are taking your default state so for granted.

No, I see my mind aligning to my understanding day by day. There is no default state. The state is constantly changing. 

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What I'm talking about is not just mind experiences, but degrees of awakeness.

Not everyone is conscious in the same way.

"not everyone is conscious in the same way" is bullshit! There is no Person to begin with. There is just conciousness being councious. 

The only difference between our beings is that conciousness is veiled through the activity of the mind. It is aware of things to different extends. But beyond those things it is the same. The degree of veiling is what makes it seem that there are degrees of awakeness. 

What do you mean by degrees of awakeness? What is the variable that deepens? 

I think it's about discovering new things about yourself, as conscioussness.

Sure, you can be conscious that you are conscious (aka, waking up to you being consciousness itself and not a person)

BUT that doesn't say everything about THIS present moment. Where are you doing here? Who created all of this? Why?...etc 

@Bluff I had the exact same suspicion a while ago. I had this feeling Leo's states of consciousness was a trap.

Until I had the experience of realising that being aware of the existence of 'states' is itself a state. It went full circle, like a strange loop, into infinity, and then it became apparent to me that states are a fundamental nature of reality.

@electroBeam

9 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

realising that being aware of the existence of 'states' is itself a state.

That's true in the the realm of concepts. 

10 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

states are a fundamental nature of reality.

Beyond concepts there are no states. Counsciousness is not a state. It is that what is aware of the mind labeling some thing a state

I agree with you in terms of the Francis quote below, and that realisation of I Am The Self/ Awareness etc and that’s ALL that exists is it. This is it. 

However, not every awakened being has this understanding. 

go listen to Eckhart or Tony Parsons 

Then go listen to Rupert/ Francis and you’ll notice subtle differences.

I agree there’s an end to seeking though, and that comes with realisation of The Absolute, of This, and with it all concepts and notions of enlightenment and spirituality are simply destroyed. Anyone who says they are an enlightened person has much further to go. Enlightened people don’t exist, all that exists is The Absolute, and those who are conscious of this and those who it is veilled in. 

and, all that is left is THIS. 

It’s ridiculously simple, yet paradoxically can be so hard to “get.” But, God is literally staring us in the face in every moment. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

It gets even Stranger Than This...

The ME that seems consciously aware of something is completely illusory....

Consciousness, inquiry, stages, states of mind ...are all within the dream of the ME... it's Maya illusion of the self...

What's even weirder is when this illusion apparently falls away... nothing changes..

It's exactly the same but for No One...

You could say apparent reality becomes depersonalized(no me experiencing everything just experience itself)

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@LfcCharlie4 What is this face of Adonis I see every time in mirror.

You know Leo disturbed me with foot long, you know I want that. I am just not that blessed. 

MYSELF you are pure Love don't disturb my mind invested years in that. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@electroBeam

42 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

@Bluff inquiry says otherwise. 

You cannot inquire conciousness. It is to close to yourself to put your awareness onto it. Only conciousness can know conciousness. 

@tedens

31 minutes ago, tedens said:

@Bluff and where concepts come from? Atoms, quarks, leptons?

They come merely by the act of conceptualizing into existence. When you go beyond those all there is is empty space of awareness with the potential to bring any thing into existence

Edited by Bluff

Start at 5:00 ? 

not to negate the point Leo is making as no one can know the validity of Leo's experiences apart from Leo. anyway This conversation just reminded me of this video 

Nobody on this forum is Awake.

Peter Ralston is not Awake. Rupert Spira is not Awake. Ekhart Tolle is not Awake. Sadhguru is not Awake. Etc.

Stop assuming these people are Awake. They are not. And neither are you.

Real Awakening is beyond all that. And you will never ever reach it through meditation or self-inquiry.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Peter Ralston is not Awake. Rupert Spira is not Awake. Ekhart Tolle is not Awake. Etc.

xD

I totally disagree with this but I admire your confidence.

@Leo Gura 

Nobody is or will ever be awake. 

could you answer the question

1 hour ago, Bluff said:

What do you mean by degrees of awakeness? What is the variable that deepens?

Edited by Bluff

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Peter Ralston is not Awake. Rupert Spira is not Awake. Ekhart Tolle is not Awake. Sadhguru is not Awake. Etc.

Real Awakening is beyond all that.

Is anyone on Earth Awake right now?

9 minutes ago, Bluff said:

@Leo Gura What do you mean by degrees of awakeness? What is the variable that deepens?

Consciousness becomes more conscious of itself. The variable that deepens is consciousness! Since consciousness is all there is.

God awakens to itself at higher and higher levels.

When God is fully Awake, it has complete omniscience -- complete understanding of how it creates itself and what it is.

If you ain't conscious of how you created your own mother, you ain't Awake.

Real Awakening is a sort of self-understanding. You understand what everything is at ever more total levels. This is not a mental or intellectual knowledge. Your understanding is fused with the being of universe itself. Your understanding is what creates the walls of your house. The walls of your house are made out of pure Understanding/Consciousness.