Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carlowillo

Is one long meditation better than two smaller sessions?

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to figure out if I should meditate for an hour once a day or 30 minutes twice a day. If anyone has any insights as to whether one is better than the other I would greatly appreciate if they shared them :)

It is not how long, it is how deep you meditate.

B R E A T H E

It's not about how long you meditate nor how deep you meditate. You really cannot chose how long you meditate. Do what is possible for you. I suggest sit down with no time in mind, with no goal to achieve. 

Sit down and meditate for as long you can. Don't give up to early (don't let the mind overcome the stillness), but also don't force yourself so your meditation become unpleasant. But keep in mind that sometimes that is what you need to do, to overcome possible resistence in your mind

30 minutes is a good amount of time, I think. Morning 30, night time 30. The mind is different in the morning, compared to after the day is done. Both could be very beneficial. However, 1 hour would allow for a deeper meditation, and possibly a mystical experience. 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

I don't like meditating straight before bedtime. If I meditate a second time during the day I prefer to take that meditation and create my evening from there.
Overall it will take a while till you are able to do a one hour meditation effectively, and till then it might be better to do 30/30. An hour of meditation bears possibilities though that are hard to reach on 30 mins, once you can make good use of it.