Leo Gura

Psychedelic Memes Mega-Thread

289 posts in this topic

4tt32k8m67l41.jpg

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

On 6/30/2020 at 10:27 AM, Yog said:

This is crazy good.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Holy shit. Whoever made that video has some serious talent. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

More from the same, mesmerizing...

Everything IS LOVE, everything is music... :x

Wooow, so looks like these videos are made with a Google algorithm called "Deep dream". Computers are becoming artists, and for some reason they turn out psychedelic?!

From wikipedia on *DeepDream*: "DeepDream is a computer vision program created by Google engineer Alexander Mordvintsev which uses a convolutional neural network to find and enhance patterns in images via algorithmic pareidolia, thus creating a dream-like hallucinogenic appearance in the deliberately over-processed images."

Some are more trip like than others.

Here's a fascinating description how it works. So awesome.

@Marten Very cool! Thanks for digging into it. Yeah, I was wondering how they created that effect.

It is uncannily true to what psychedelics do. It's like the mind is struggling to filter out Infinity, so it comes seeping in at the seams.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The first time that I saw those videos was in Reddit but I didn't have any idea how they did it.

This was the video I saw. Those other videos are amazing and addictive Lol

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

If you ever wondered what would happen if you took LSD and went mountainbiking xD

@Leo Gura Yes, best rendition of tripping I've seen. So far my trips have not been morphing this much. I had a hoof once and my face has been melting and shifting to other faces, like Hitlers.

@abrakamowse Wow very cool!

This reminds me of when I was in the marines. I was on a drill where we stayed awake for about 90 hours straight. Had a lot of hallucinations. The tree tops looked like the masts of pirate ships and as we patrolled through the woods it looked like we were heading down a cave. I saw people who weren't there sitting in ditches. I saw a military truck in the forest which also wasn't there. Only time I've ever fallen asleep and then awoke standing/ walking - very strange experiences!

@Marten OMG, crazy! 90 hours awake!!! That's nuts! Lol...

I was like  2 days without sleeping and I had a psychotic episode I ended in the hospital. Good to know you are OK.

Great experience indeed!

@abrakamowse Goodness, what kept you awake? As far as I know all my company mates were fine who went through the drill. I was drained as fuck when we were done. Had some swiming/ diving/ life rescue drills at the end, it was so cold in the water, body temperature must have dropped. I cried so bad as we ran the last bit back to the barracks. We only got five hours of sleep, my hands were numb and swollen, then we headed out for a torch lit cermony as a way to end, and we earned our badges as marines after that (this was in Sweden). Like our final exams.

@Marten Crazy, but also a great experience.

And about what happened that I stayed awake... I was like crazy looking for awakening hehehe... and it seems that I hit something that it gave so much energy (I don't know, maybe a higher state of consciousness) that I was like those days I didn't feel to sleep. I thought I was superman hahaha... but then reality hit me and I lose control of my thoughts, I was overworking... it was crazy but I learnt the lesson.

Our bodies need to sleep and rest. Unless we are in a special circumstance, in that case it is helpful to know the limits of the body.

^_^

Edited by abrakamowse

Oh man, I just love Van Gogh, if you haven't seen his paintings IRL then put it on your bucket list. It is totally different IRL than on a computer screen. I saw the exhibition in Amsterdam, just wow. I got the feeling he had psychedelic vision. I even had a sober realization of Oneness while in the gallary. Anyhow these renditions are amazing too.

Edited by Marten
Spelling

@abrakamowse  Wow, sounds like your ego got the best of you. Great lessons! I had some ego take overs in my first higher dose mushroom trips, but I also learned a lot from that. I guess some suppressions that came out so I could deal with them.

Haha, "special circumstances" like having drill sargents kick you as soon as you fall asleep? Totally keeps you awake! xD Like being hit with a stick in the head when falling asleep meditating. LOL. It was interesting how wakefulness and tiredness go in cycles. Over those days I was awake I would have several hours of very strong wakefulness (sometimes with hallucinations) only later to fall asleep while walking, continuing to walk, and then wake up again walking. I honestly don't know how we all did it without going crazy. :S

31 minutes ago, Marten said:

I saw people who weren't there sitting in ditches.

This is the most poetic, gut-wrenching and yet mysteriously intriguing line of text I have read today. I feel the crest of emotion. Thank you.

Edited by SirVladimir

@SirVladimir :x The military service was such an extreme mixed bag of experiences and feelings. All these young boys with some of the most leathal weapons produced, out adventuring in the Swedish archipelago without realizing the seriousness of the situation. At least not until after one of them got shot dead. It was a total shock to my peace keeper ideals. I learned that an army is more like a raging tornado than a scalpel cutting out a tumor.