The Lucid Dreamer

Lucid Dreaming Experiences and Discussion

77 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

The pleasure is all mine, @Inliytened1 . I’ve read many of your posts in the past even well before joining the forum and alway found your insights to be golden. 

Me too, @Inliytened1 is real Godrealizer even  though Leo said that no one in this forum is awake. Also, I was awaiting  for someone really realized in LD like @The Lucid Dreamer .

1 hour ago, Galyna said:

@The Lucid Dreamer  I am very glad that you have joined the forum as well.:) Thank you so so so much for putting so much time and effort to explain me these things:). I am on this forum for four years and it is a rear event to meet a member like you. It is something about your writing, definitely some hallmark. 

I gotta run but I promise you I will give you a thorough response later. 

Lots of friendly hugs!

You’re too kind. :) It has been great discussing these things with you. 

Take your time; I ain’t goin’ anywhere. 

3 hours ago, tedens said:

But the second situation took place a few days ago also during meditation. This vision was short-lived and concerned a real place (my neighborhood). It was also accompanied by the feeling that this situation had already taken place but at the same time the strong feeling of the present moment was as if this moment existed forever. I really was amazed and I don't know what to think about it. It's like two moments in one. The intense feelings of these two situations give the impression that they exist "forever" / are written somewhere /.

You have some pretty intense meditation sessions, my dude! I’m jelly. 

@Galyna Yeah, i don't get sleep paralysis anymore, but it was mainly cause of my bad sleep schedule.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

1 hour ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

You have some pretty intense meditation sessions, my dude! I’m jelly. 

I've been working with this for over a year and a half. But when it comes to LD, how long did it take you to achieve the results?

Edited by tedens

I experience Lucid dreams alot yet I never know what to do in them. And suggestions particularly things that are spiritual

1 hour ago, whatthefucksgoinon said:

I experience Lucid dreams alot yet I never know what to do in them. And suggestions particularly things that are spiritual

If you haven’t read this post already, here are some ideas.  Though if you would enjoy these activities completely depends on whether or not you find it fascinating how well your sleeping brain can simulate waking reality. 

I personally find it to be mind blowing; it’s like virtual reality, but so much more mysterious. But perhaps most people might find these little types of experiments I do to be mundane. 

On 3/24/2020 at 10:24 PM, The Lucid Dreamer said:

You might be surprised to hear that sexual activity in my lucid dreams is quite rare, and that I tend to be far more interested in doing experiments with the environment and people within the dream.  Whenever I step into a lucid dream, I immediately think to stop and look around very mindfully.  I focus intently on my visual experience to see just how real it seems.

I will pay attention to very subtle things, that most people don’t think about, like the shifting and rotation of the three-dimensional objects as I move around the environment.  Somehow it fascinates me that my mind is able to simulate the 3D rotation of objects.  

I will also go around touching things to see how accurately my mind can simulate the sense of touch of certain textured surfaces.  If I find food or drink, I will consume it to see how well my mind simulates taste and the texture of the food or liquid.

I will test the consistency and static-ness of the environment by looking at a certain object, looking away from it, and then looking back at it several times to see if the object stays static.  

One of my favorite things to do is to go look into the mirror, if I can find a restroom or something. That’s when things usually get very trippy.  My mind usually does a very good job of simulating my facial features, but sometimes some very weird things can happen.  One time I looked in the mirror and my entire face was completely white, including my hair and my eyeballs, and then it morphed into an aged version of my face where I looked like I was 80 years old.  Other times, my facial features will just morph like my eyes will get really big or my mouth will get really small or whatever.  Other very disturbing things have happened when I looked in the mirror that I dare not even describe. 

If I can find a person in the dream, I will ask them questions.  One time, I went into a room where I found an older gentleman sitting in a chair just chilling. I went up to him and I said, “Hey so I’m dreaming right now, and we’re inside my dream.” He nodded his head as if to say “Yeah, duh.”  I then asked, “Are you dreaming to? Like do you have a body outside of this dream?” He shook his head No, and so I said “Oh okay, that’s very interesting, so how does that work? Do you just exist and live inside my mind? Do you have a life here?” He proceeded to explain that he lived inside the matrix of my mind and that everyone, including myself, lives inside a dream or some layer of the infinite matrix.  I was so shocked by this answer that I immediately woke up from overstimulation. 

If I’m not doing little experiments like that, I will be just doing the typical things, like running around super fast, jumping really high, sometimes flying, ya know... just having fun.  And by god, is it fun. 

1 hour ago, tedens said:

I've been working with this for over a year and a half. But when it comes to LD, how long did it take you to achieve the results?

Well I started Lucid dreaming spontaneously almost immediately after I began my formal meditation practice 5 years ago.  I would have a lucid dream about 2 to 3 times a month just due to getting in the habit of mindfulness.  

It wasn’t until 2 years ago that I really started to get serious about trying to induce them purposefully.  All I did was start a dream journal, and I started taking supplements. I basically started lucid dreaming 2-3 times a week almost immediately after starting to do those things. I would say that the supplements do about 70% of the work when it comes to inducing lucid dreams for me.  

Of course the technique is incredibly important too. The wake back to sleep method is pretty much the only way for me to do it. 

The biggest thing though I would say is to simply have the will to lucid dream. That alone will do wonders.

@The Lucid Dreamer hi, i haven't checked news for some years, did any discovery occurred in the community lately?

what is your favorite stabilization technique?

are you on DV?

Edited by Soulbass

@seeking_brilliance Nice group ?. In a few, what you guys do there in that group? 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@The Lucid Dreamer
Got couple of questions on mind fellow psychonaut.

My questions are:
-Do you have any experience with astral projection, or are you focused exclusively on lucid dreaming.
-If so, how do you even distinguish between them ? (The thing is, I had a couple of spontaneous of these experiences and I never got to know what was an astral projection and what a lucid dream. )
-If able to, do you find it more efficient to go into a lucid dream and convert it into projection. (I've heard people doing this, not sure if it is a shortcut, or if it is energy waste, aside from trying to convert an already occurring spontaneous experience )
-Do you know of any legit supplements ?

Edited by Yog

3 hours ago, Galyna said:

@seeking_brilliance Nice group ?. In a few, what you guys do there in that group? 

It's just to discuss lucid Dreaming. Members range from complete beginner to master, so you'll see a myriad of topics and questions posted... Popular lucid Dreaming authors are members too...

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

On 24/3/2020 at 11:30 PM, The Lucid Dreamer said:

Feel free to share your lucid dreaming experiences here and what thoughts or insights you have drawn from them. Or if you just have questions about it, like what techniques you can use to achieve a lucid dream or whatever, feel free to ask here.

I have quite a bit of experience in this area, and I believe it can be a great tool for exploring consciousness, understanding how reality itself is a dream and learning how to transcend it. 

I originally posted a thread about lucid dreaming on a physics forum but it was deemed too speculative by the moderator. I then put it up on a philosophy forum and I got a few interesting replies from philosophy debaters. I'm wondering what would fellow lucid dreamers think about a connection between free will and dreams? We tend to take free will for granted even though the actual bare content of most of our thoughts and actions would seem to be less computationally demanding than an automated voice you'd hear on a sat-nav map or telephone waiting line menu! I think it's how we slowly come to the finished products of perceived thoughts and concluded insights that require the rough work and mental energy of our free will.

https://onlinephilosophyclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15514

On 25/3/2020 at 0:40 AM, Derek White said:

The way to lucid dream is basically that you need to sleep in a straight position on your back (preferably on a straight mattress, not the ones that sink) and not move. The idea is to make the position a little uncomfortable.

A shortcut to achieve that lying position is to camp out in the woods in a small tent! You won't be able to move much and the ground will be highly uncomfortable. The backdrop of the trees and night-sky will aid your spiritual mindset for lucid dreaming.

On 27/3/2020 at 9:33 AM, Osaid said:

In sleep paralysis, which is technically a lucid dream, there are shared phenomenon around the world of certain creatures that can be seen. One of these is referred to as "shadow people", It is basically a shadow in the shape of a human. There is also this intense malevolent feeling of dread that can be felt, but I'm not sure if that is just me being scared. Sleep paralysis seems very similar to a psychedelic trip.

That sounds a lot like the uncanny valley where our mind gets confused by attributing consciousness to deceptive objects or hallucinations that resemble the shape of conscious humans. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley