The Lucid Dreamer

Lucid Dreaming Experiences and Discussion

77 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Nice. I recently begun to experiment in lucid dreams. Do you think it´s possible to have an awakening inside a dream? Recently I became consciouss of IAMness inside a fucking dream! . 

@Javfly33 It sounds like you yourself had an awakening in your dream, so it looks like it’s possible. :P 
Leo talks about an intense awakening experience that he had in a dream a few months ago. I think it’s on the blog.  

17 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

.Wondering if you have any techiques inside the dream to make yourself more in control in the dream? I get upto the point of knowing that is a dream, but my character from which i experience the dream "keeps doing its thing". Although the fact that I get consciouss inside the dream and the character keeps doing it´s thing is exactly the way I know that I am not the character hahaha

Well the trick is to start out the dream in control. Read my above comment to learn how to do that. 

I don’t really have any technique to gain control when you are inside a dream that you don’t already have control of.  Now that you pose the question, I will be sure to experiment in the future. 

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

@The Lucid DreamerCan you say something about the phenomenon of re-experiencing dreams with this difference that this re-experience is conscious?

1 hour ago, tedens said:

@The Lucid DreamerCan you say something about the phenomenon of re-experiencing dreams with this difference that this re-experience is conscious?

This personally has never happened to me, so I am no authority on the issue. The closest to that I’ve experienced is waking up from a dream and then going back to sleep and starting the dream where I had left off. 

18 hours ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

... and it feels like I am traversing an environment that was preexisting...

18 hours ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

Can you expand it?

@The Lucid Dreamer @tedens Guys, I love this thread. I am swamped with my university classes, I will get back tonight after I am done with my module.

@The Lucid Dreamer  When did you start your spiritual quest? 

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

Haha, there is nothing like doing each other well.

@tedens :D I am just trying to participate how I can, I am in the middle of my module and writing the work about American Scene murals for my History class. 

Edited by Galyna

@The Lucid Dreamer So….my first dream started spontaneously. I was in Europe, Vienna. I knew immediately that I am dreaming and I started to open my eyes as wide as I could. I could not believe that my mind constructed such a beauty inside of the dream. It did not last long. Maybe five minutes total. I was just looking at the architecture and was stunned with that beauty. I remember it was a night time and there were a lot of lights in the city. I kept asking: how could I see this if I was dreaming and my eyes were closed. Do you want me to tell you about my other dreams or it is enough?:)

Edited by Galyna

1 hour ago, modmyth said:

Especially examining, well, if you could do anything, what would you go do, without the limitations of normal physical reality? And a sort of best of moments, highlight reel. :D

@Galyna As you can see, not only men "do it"...?

@tedens Of course not :) hahahahah I would even feel shame to drop into details about my lucid dream. But been there, done that. LOL

Why don't we set a dream goal for the week, and then report back with our results? 

For example, the first one could be : "I become lucid and talk to the first dream character I see. I ask them what they think of me" .... Or "what did they have for breakfast?" 

I like to use questions that force the dream characters to come up with creative answers.   But of course there's many dream goals we could try, like finding a dream guide, or summoning a treaty treat, or flying to the moon.  Any thoughts? 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

4 hours ago, tedens said:

Can you expand it?

Expand the environment you mean?

4 hours ago, Galyna said:

@The Lucid Dreamer  When did you start your spiritual quest? 

I’m sorry for the delay Galyna,

My whole life has been a spiritual quest, but of course what you mean is when did I realize I was on the spiritual path. 

Well, like most US Americans, I was raised in a fundamentalist Christian household where science and philosophy were demonized, and I was sheltered from any contradictory information. 

I eventually broke free from that dogma at the age of about 23 when I started to gain a deep fascination for science. I read dozens of science books and watched every science documentary I could find, which eventually led me to painfully give up my Christian beliefs. From there I was led into the religion of atheism and the “skeptic” community where I started listening to the likes of Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens and of course: Sam Harris. For the next couple of years I was completely immersed in the topic of atheism vs religion and it led me to study the shit out of western philosophy. I read entire philosophy text books and listened to thousands of hours of lecture and debate. 

Eventually, Sam Harris finally managed to convince me to start a formal meditation practice. I really respected him, so I figured he must be on to something about it’s utility.  I listened to his 26 minute guided meditation on his podcast, where he proceeded to blow my fucking mind. He got me to see that I had no real free will or agency underneath the phenomenal changes within my consciousness. He got me to realize that what I was, was not my ideas about myself, but that I was merely the thing that was observing my life play out. He got me to realize that I was Consciousness itself. This got me to start thinking about what consciousness was and how it could exist at all. So I started to become fascinated with consciousness at this point.

Eventually I met someone who was able to get a hold of cannabis(dabs in this case). I finally decided to try cannabis at age 25. And when I did, my brain became supercharged into a philosophizing machine.  My new insights about consciousness and the nature of the self mixed with my previous years of rigorous philosophical study made my mind go wild with existential insights while under the influence of this drug. 

This was when I started to realize that reality was something far more profound than I had ever previously thought, or had heard anyone else talk about. 

By this time, my mind was very philosophically charged, and philosophy was really all I thought about, so when I got Into these states induced by cannabis, I was able to deduce on my own that all of reality was made out of one substance in an infinite number of variations, that I was the universe conscious of itself(I called it ‘the universe’ at this point because I had a bias towards to term ‘God’), that reality must be absolutely infinite, and that I, as Consciousness, was going to live the life of every conscious creature that has existed does exist and will ever exist. I also had very deep insights about the relative nature of reality and that there could be no such thing as objective absolute measurement of anything.

These, what I consider to be my first real mystical experiences, marked the beginning of my spiritual path 5 years ago.

At this point, I had no idea that these truths had been known by humanity for well over 5000 years. I very naively thought I was on the edge of philosophy, and that no one had ever thought of these things before.  Of course at this point I saw these insights as mere theories because I was so indoctrinated into believing that the scientific method as we know it today had a monopoly on truth. But at the same time I felt just about 100% certain that I was right, but I didn’t understand how I could know it so clearly without it being verified by science. I even got into really heated arguments with my best friend about these ideas(who was and still is a diehard atheist materialist) He would straight up yell at me “YOU CAN’T KNOW THAT” and I honestly didn’t know how to explain to him how I felt so certain about it. This put a lot of pressure on our friendship. 

Eventually I stumbled onto the likes of Alan Watts. I would listen to his lectures and hear him repeat back to me the very insights I had gained about the nature of reality, (albeit in a much more eloquent manner) and it absolutely blew my mind. I thought I was the only one!  I felt so vindicated and validated. I was both ecstatic that I wasn’t alone and disappointed that I wasn’t the first to have these insights.:P This began my study into true spirituality, where I started to listen to many different spiritual teachers, opening up that string of recommended videos on YouTube that eventually led me to finding Leo. 

The rest is history. 

Since then I’ve had well over 100 psychedelic trips and several deep awakenings, which eventually led me to renounce my Atheist title.

Sorry for the novel. When asked questions like that, I tend to want to go way in depth. 

2 hours ago, Galyna said:

@The Lucid Dreamer So….my first dream started spontaneously. I was in Europe, Vienna. I knew immediately that I am dreaming and I started to open my eyes as wide as I could. I could not believe that my mind constructed such a beauty inside of the dream. It did not last long. Maybe five minutes total. I was just looking at the architecture and was stunned with that beauty. I remember it was a night time and there were a lot of lights in the city. I kept asking: how could I see this if I was dreaming and my eyes were closed. Do you want me to tell you about my other dreams or it is enough?:)

That’s incredible. It’s insane how the mind can generate such complex and beautiful environments like that, it never ceases to blow my mind.  

Yes, tell me about as many dreams as you wish. And you can tell me how you began your spiritual quest as well if you like.  

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

29 minutes ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

And you can tell me how you began your spiritual quest as well if you like.  

I would love to, I have a lot to say....but do you think they will allow us talking about different things in this thread? :)

Thank you for writing such a detail response, I really really enjoyed reading it.

Sorry for my language.

I am asking about this feeling of pre-existing environment. 

Edited by tedens

1 hour ago, Galyna said:

I would love to, I have a lot to say....but do you think they will allow us talking about different things in this thread? 

Eh, it should be fine; Just throw in one of your lucid dreaming experiences in there just so we’re still technically on topic. ;)

23 minutes ago, tedens said:

Sorry for my language.

I am asking about this feeling of pre-existing environment. 

Oh no, you’re good my guy; just wanted to make sure I understood the question.

So the environment will keep going no matter how far I decide to go with new unique elements in each area.  Not only that, but I will be able to go back to an area I had visited before(within the same dream)and everything will be the same as I had seen it when I was last there. So it feels like a preexisting, static environment, the way real life does.  

This is not always the case, mind you. Some dreams are more fluid and unstable than others, but most of them tend to have this quality of consistency. 

5 hours ago, modmyth said:

It's not something I've done very much or invested much energy in, but I really enjoy reading about people's lucid dreams. Especially examining, well, if you could do anything, what would you go do, without the limitations of normal physical reality? And a sort of best of moments, highlight reel. :D

It’s far more fun to experience firsthand, I assure you. ;)

@The Lucid Dreamer thx. Youre really good with this stuff.

1 hour ago, The Lucid Dreamer said:

It’s far more fun to experience firsthand, I assure you. ;)

But this isn't allowed here.:D

Edited by tedens

2 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Why don't we set a dream goal for the week, and then report back with our results? 

For example, the first one could be : "I become lucid and talk to the first dream character I see. I ask them what they think of me" .... Or "what did they have for breakfast?" 

I like to use questions that force the dream characters to come up with creative answers.   But of course there's many dream goals we could try, like finding a dream guide, or summoning a treaty treat, or flying to the moon.  Any thoughts? 

Sounds like a plan to me, bro. I’ve done plenty of the talking to people experiments, I kinda want to try something a little more extravagant this time.  I’ve not tried flying to the moon yet; something like that sounds cool. Could also try moving objects telekinesis style.