Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mo0ngrass

"Thank you" meditation

3 posts in this topic

This is a simple meditation technique that helps me to break away from sensation and thought. 

Set yourself up to meditate however you feel comfortable, this is not an active meditation so it is not recommended for when attention on other activities is required.

Open with love and gratitude for all that is, when your mind has begun to settle start noticing all thoughts and sensations, do not go into each, just mentally accept and say "thank you" and move onto the next until you find very few objects in your mind. 

Eventually you will be able to say thank you to a thank you and it will propell you into deeper and deeper states until consciousness is very subtle. Stay in nothingness and rest there, if you find new mind objects arising return to thanking. 

Expect nothing, resist nothing. Just be. 

Insights can arise at this point which can be accepted gently in this delicate space.

Love. 

@Mo0ngrass At the beginning stages of meditation, the ego will resist awakening, therefore it will be hard. If you are always enjoying your meditation sessions, one must ask whether you are really growing.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise  thank you for the thoughtful push. I think you misunderstand my intent. It is one of many, many techniques, and particularly one I felt might be helpful to those here who struggle too much to let themselves just be. 

As to my growth, I admit I'm stuck, though I'm not blissed out as you may be assuming. My ego is attacking me with irrational fear when I get too deep. It's frustrating because it's actually halted any meditation practice. This started about 2 weeks ago. So, whilst the root of this fear still eludes me, I've been focusing on reading the wisdom of others until I'm ready to face it. 

Love.